advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Can HCG cause depression/mental fog/low libido in some users?

Salzberger

Registered
I've been a member at a bunch of other boards, but a friend suggested this PM... after reading thru a lot of the site, I see that there are users with much much more experience and histories of abuse than anywhere else, which is why I am here.

I've cycled on and off for about 2 years now with short breaks of 6-8 weeks. I never used HCG until my last cycle... 250iu 2x week. Honestly I've felt like shit since I started using HCG... on or off cycle (the only time that I felt good was during my last clomid PCT when I stopped HCG a week before beginning PCT). Before, when I cycled, I didn't use any and I always felt great.

I'm in this mental fog and I am beginning to think that it is coming from the HCG in some form... whether the pregnenolone is affecting the progestenic pathway in some way or something else is going on... its been this way for 4 months. It is almost like my "reward system" is out of order at the moment... I had bloodwork done and my prolactin is near the bottom end of range and my estradiol is never high and tends to be on the lower end.

I thought that I was just running into problems bc of my "abuse"... ie:maybe it was a thyroid or adrenal issue catching up to me and I just needed a good 6months off, but I'm doubting this more and more. Has anyone else had a problem with depression while taking HCG on cycle? I'm ready to attempt on-cycle clomid runs instead of hcg as I have heard some people do this and I always feel like a million $ on clomiphene. It's very strange as I have really had little sex drive outside of my carb load days... even on 500mg of sustanon per week but today I replace my hcg shot with 25mg of clomid and I actually feel normal. Am I crazy or can HCG cause problems like this in some individuals?

Thanks for the insight and looking fwd to contributing here.

it shouldn't

HCG stimulates the adrenal glands to release adrenalin.

It also stimulates the hypothalmus gland to release gonadotropin releasing hormone which causes the pituitary gland to release gonadotropin. Gonadotropin stimulates endogenous testosterone production by stimulating the Leydig cells. It will also reinflate (for lack of a better word) the testes to normal (or near normal) size. This is the short version. Research, research, research.

just started hcg as part of my pct (was on for about 8 months) for the first time ever, so far so good definitely don't feel depressed at all, and my libido is about normal which usually after coming off is completely non-existent for atleast a months after.

hopefully someone with more experience with this can chime in for ya.

HCG stimulates the adrenal glands to release adrenalin.

It also stimulates the hypothalmus gland to release gonadotropin releasing hormone which causes the pituitary gland to release gonadotropin. Gonadotropin stimulates endogenous testosterone production by stimulating the Leydig cells. It will also reinflate (for lack of a better word) the testes to normal (or near normal) size. This is the short version. Research, research, research.

Thanks for the input... I have done substantial research on HCG, yet there is much conflicting data on dosage patterns, efficacy, and side effects. Most recently I read that while HCG is responsible for raising pregnenolone levels, and this is supposedly a good thing in steroid users, that there is a chance that these pregnenolone rise can affect progestenic pathways... I also haven't been able to find out if/how HCG affects dopamine and serotonin levels.

Thanks for the input... I have done substantial research on HCG, yet there is much conflicting data on dosage patterns, efficacy, and side effects. Most recently I read that while HCG is responsible for raising pregnenolone levels, and this is supposedly a good thing in steroid users, that there is a chance that these pregnenolone rise can affect progestenic pathways... I also haven't been able to find out if/how HCG affects dopamine and serotonin levels.

I have read also about the same issue, however at a dose of 250 IU twice a week, I doubt is doing much of anything. I use HCG on cycle at 200 IU a day and have never had any side effects, then my PCT consists of Clomid , Nolva , Tribulus and GH. Now if your test levels crashed , then maybe that would cause you some grief, I would get my test and progestin levels checked and go from there. God bless you .

sounds like endocrinologist time to be sure but maybe its the loss of the heightened sense of well being that high test levels give. Bloodwork is the only way to be sure. Anaztrozole is the only thing that helps me bounce out of that funk.

HCG is awesome and IMHO necessary. Only neg sides I ever got with it was some bloat from the estrogen whick arimidex took care off and I was having like male pms...LOL I was sad and bitchy. Once again the AI took care of that. Your libido should go up from hcg, better erections, better ejaculations and enlarging of testes.Gets the juices flowing again.

If you are absolutely positive that it's not you estrogen levels, you've gotten blood tests and played around with your dosing of an AI, then I would drop the HCG for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

I use HCG for my TRT because I'd like to have kids someday but it messes with my libido and if I take too much (over 500iu total a week) my BP goes way up. I don't much care for it but I use it for a reason.

Let me know what happens or what you find out. PM me if you can. I'm curious to know as I struggle with the stuff myself.

I suggest researching Pregnyl. I believe it is the most common FDA approved HCG although it is not indicated for hormone replacement therapy. As far as its off-label efficacy of countering the effects of AAS use, I have read that the most common dose is 250-500iu every other day in combination with arimidex. I do not believe there is any research that proves this, but that is the case with most off label AAS use.
Not once in any of my pathophysiology textbooks have I read anything that remotely suggests that HCG has any effect whatsoever on the sympathetic nervous system, dopamine levels, seratonin levels, adrenaline release, or adrenal glands at all. HCG acts on the gonads of males and females in lieu of the absence of GnRH. Too much or prolonged use can actually cause a decrease in testosterone levels due to the body's negative feedback regulation.
Your best bet is to just use a common PCT like nolvadex and allow time to bring your natural testosterone levels back to normal. Save the HCG use for very long cycles, if you are approaching middle age, or if it takes longer for natural testosterone restoration to occur than the duration of your cycle. It sounds like the mental changes you are experiencing are from current low testosterone levels(and by low I mean the change from being on cycle to being off cycle) rather than the implementation of HCG.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131