over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Carb loading on different foods: competitive bodybuilders

Love_to_Bodybuild

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
In your expirience did it work for you?

Dorian yates recommended carb loading on same foods you got ready on which makes sense on paper. Ive gotten ready for three bodybuilding compeitions, done two(first Nga nattu division in 2009, then NPC in 2012) and withdrew from another one , have recently done a weightloss competition my gym had, and treated it like a bodybuilding competition

first competition,2009, I "skiploaded" on high carbs lower fat and it seemed to work okay for me, think I spilled over too much maybe

other two contest preps I depleted then loaded with my contest prep foods

recently on weightloss competition, I depleted three days then weighed in. Its day three after and have been eating high -moderate carb (with a bit more fat than skiploading, skiploading method is 10% ratio ofcarbs to fat so 100 carbs would be 10 grams fat) Skip, Dante and Im members may remember me as KCSuperman.

Anyways, Ive filled out real nicely, from the dieting for past four months, slowly then depleting last three days, I was flat as a soggy pancake and now Im like a inflated ballon (maybe an eggaration, it sure appears a world of diference) and my stomach hasnt bloated or anything) so trial and error I guess I answered my own question...this seems to work for me right now, will it work three months from now probally...that is why its good to test your method in advance. The best advice I got from Jay Cutler is be flexible

anyone else use other foods than contest preparation foods, three days before the competition, and looks great on day of show?

Last edited:
I utilized skiploading this last prep. I used different foods each week to see whatvworked best. For me, I found high sugar slightly higher fat to be best for me. My ratio was about 15g fat per 100g carb. But id never just load for show w untested foods. At least try them a week out first. I had very little starchy carbs and my typical loads were 1200-1400g carbs. Mind you I competed in SHW open class so im a bigger guy. Of those carbs, id guess at least 60 % was sugary stuff.

Under guidance from a member here (biggmike), I loaded the night before with jasmine rice (with 3oz chicken breast) and sweet potatoes (with 3oz extra lean ground beef) (about 400g total in 4 meals, I also had 100g from True Nutrition's Karboload immediately after weigh-ins to bring up to 500g).

Morning of I reintroduced sodium and loaded with more jasmine rice on first meal and 3 whole eggs, tons of sea salt.

Meal 2 before PJ was 3 slices bacon, 3oz chicken breast, about 50-60g from pancakes, and 2tbsp honey.

So about 750g carbs total (weighed in at 175.8, was 181 before PJ with no water).

Won my class at the first show with this method, took 2nd at the 2nd one. Was one of the leanest / driest / fullest guys in both shows. No spillover because no water. No gut distension either.

Click my profile and search for threads by me and you can find the pictures.

Under guidance from a member here (biggmike), I loaded the night before with jasmine rice (with 3oz chicken breast) and sweet potatoes (with 3oz extra lean ground beef) (about 400g total in 4 meals, I also had 100g from True Nutrition's Karboload immediately after weigh-ins to bring up to 500g).

Morning of I reintroduced sodium and loaded with more jasmine rice on first meal and 3 whole eggs, tons of sea salt.

Meal 2 before PJ was 3 slices bacon, 3oz chicken breast, about 50-60g from pancakes, and 2tbsp honey.

So about 750g carbs total (weighed in at 175.8, was 181 before PJ with no water).

Won my class at the first show with this method, took 2nd at the 2nd one. Was one of the leanest / driest / fullest guys in both shows. No spillover because no water. No gut distension either.

my show is in the early evening so i should still introduce sodium in the morning of the show?

Very similar to what I just did. Worked VERY well.

Look up Matt Porter's thread on here called "stop ruining your contest prep" definitely worth a read.

I've done the typical carb load, loading the day before the show, 2 days pre contest.
I must say I looked my best ever loading heavy Tuesday and Wednesday and back to low carbs (under 100) Thursday and Friday, loaded the day of the show and was full and DRY, driest I've ever been. Got that from that thread as it made sense to me. I did a few trials during my prep and what I noticed after a refeed meal is I looked much better a few days after, hence why i took the plunge with that method.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131