over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Carbs, Fats and Protien

johndoe

Registered
At the risk of sounding stupid I have to say that I am totaly clueless. I try to keep my meals clean but Im not sure if Im getting the right amount of the right foods. How do you figure out the right percentages of the food ? Can sombody please shed som lite for me or give me an idea where to look ? Thanks !

IM sorry JohnDoe I dont mean to single you out but....I cannot get over this....you dont know one thing about diet and what constitutes Protein, Fats, and Carbs but according to your past posts you are hitting the juice no problem.

How the heck does one get to the point where he is using drugs and he doesnt even have a clue of basic bodybuilding knowhow?

IM sorry JohnDoe I dont mean to single you out but....I cannot get over this....you dont know one thing about diet and what constitutes Protein, Fats, and Carbs but according to your past posts you are hitting the juice no problem.

How the heck does one get to the point where he is using drugs and he doesnt even have a clue of basic bodybuilding knowhow?
I must agree with DC here. If you do not know the fundamentals of nutrition you have no business with aas. Learn how to feed yourself properly and train right and you will make great progress. Just a little research goes a long way.

How do you figure out the right percentages of the food ?

What do you even mean by this - right percentages of the food? I really don't think it's all that hard if you're a novice just trying to put on some muscle.. Just be sure you're taking in at the very least 1g, maybe 2, of protein per day, per pound you weigh.. And just figure out how many calories you need a day to put on mass.. Other than that, I don't see any necessity to start figuring out the percentages of fats and carbs are in your diet, unless you're getting fat or something.. Just eat sensibly and go on easy on the junk food and crap..

DC

Dante,I am seeing this all the time. Whether its on this board or in everyday life. People just dont get it. There is so much that can be accomplished with proper nutrition and training, that the juice should be an afterthought. If guys would just put their time in and take care of the basics.

I will use myself as an example. Its been 3 years since I went down with my health issues. Health issues that were my own doing and pertain directly to this subject as you know.Nevertheless I learned my lesson the hard way which is what I try to tell everyone to avoid. Moving along, I went on a mission to prove to myself that I do not need the juice to get to where I was or surpass it.

That is when I started to take your program very seriously and put my heart and soul into it. I have passed everything I have ever done thanks to you brother. I have never been bigger or stronger in my life

This leads me to my point... When people who knew what I went through see me now, the first thing 9 times out of 10 that they say is " what are you on?"
or "your not on that shit again are you?" When I tell them that I am on HRT from the doc and that Im training super hard and heavy and eating like a fiend, they look at me with disbelief. They DO NOT want to believe that it took nothing more then hard work and alot of food.

People are so brainwashed to think that "drugs are the only way". Well its bullshit and I am the first to say it. I know from my own experience, all the shit I used to take, the high doses, the abuse, led to nothing but sickness and near death.

My training partner is another example. 26 years old training for 6 years or so and hit a dead end. He starts training with me and its got to be about 8 months or so now and the fucker has put on over 35 lbs of quality muscle DRUG FREE. The change he made...eating for growth and balls to the wall training. He thanks me all the time. He used to think there was a secret to it, but now he knows its nothing more then the basics.

I am asking anybody who thinks that the juice is the "secret" and the only way to get huge, to wake the fuck up. There is a hell of alot more to this game then you think...

Last edited:
So true...

And the food is harder than the working out...and possibly more important.

Well I figured I would get flamed so Im going to post my diet. Morning is 2 whole eggs and 4 whites and oats . Mid morn is 40 gr. shake apple or banana. Afternoon is 2 cans tuna or 6oz chick along with greens or sometimes potatoes. Mid afternoon shake and fruit and sometimes I may throw in a sandwhich of turkey or peanutbutter and jelly on whole grain depending on how hungry I am. Dinner is steak, fish, pork all depends on what Im in the mood for along with potatoes,or rice and some kind of green. Nite time another shake and sometimes more eggs . I also snack through out the day on nuts and some times I fall alittle short and cheat. Getting better. The reason I asked is because I heard somebody talking about how many grams of carbs hes taking in every day getting ready for comp. Your right maybe I should do alittle more research. Oh yea, Sometimes my diet does change alittle. Sometimes I get alittle more chicken or tuna or steak or what ever. I am growing very well and strong. At 46 yrs old I must say Im doing alot better than some of the young bucks I see at the gym. But thanks for your insite. This is probly why alot of people dont like to post. I have broad shoulders though so if you think this is stupid give me somemore. Thanks

Well if your gaining muscle and not gaining any fat..Than I a say your doing ok...but if you want to gain at a faster rate, or whatnot then you probably need to got out and hire someone to help you with that...Or just do some more research....But Big A has a good article on mass gaining, and DC has some really good articles...Its really not as hard as you think...

good luck

chris

Well if your gaining muscle and not gaining any fat..Than I a say your doing ok...but if you want to gain at a faster rate, or whatnot then you probably need to got out and hire someone to help you with that...Or just do some more research....But Big A has a good article on mass gaining, and DC has some really good articles...Its really not as hard as you think...

good luck

chris

Currently 220lbs and 12 % bf give or take and not as lean as I would like to be but I do know it can be done through diet and cardio. I have read Big A article and it is very good, Thanks. I do understand the 1 and a half to 2 grams af protien very simple. Its the counting carbs or the pecentage of fat in a diet I dont get. Maybe Im not saying it right, I dont know. Thanks for your input Chris and Im going to check out DC articles.

%

At the risk of sounding stupid I have to say that I am totaly clueless. I try to keep my meals clean but Im not sure if Im getting the right amount of the right foods. How do you figure out the right percentages of the food ? Can sombody please shed som lite for me or give me an idea where to look ? Thanks !

I think you should start experimenting with ratios then go from there....Where do you start? I feel that the body craves protein and will let you know when you need it.........it wil be a lower gut feeling.........craving carbs will be an upper gut feeling almost to the throat.....then later on a shaking/weak feeling........your body will tel you........write it down so you get some sort of an idea, then you can start manipulating the ratios as to stave off those cravings...........just be sure to always add some healthy fats to your diet.

I think you should start experimenting with ratios then go from there....Where do you start? I feel that the body craves protein and will let you know when you need it.........it wil be a lower gut feeling.........craving carbs will be an upper gut feeling almost to the throat.....then later on a shaking/weak feeling........your body will tel you........write it down so you get some sort of an idea, then you can start manipulating the ratios as to stave off those cravings...........just be sure to always add some healthy fats to your diet.

Thanks Phil. I have experienced all that and just knew I needed food but now I know the difference.

Johndoe,

Sounds like your saying you what to lean out some, and hold or gain some muscle on the way down in BF% ??? correct ??? (ofcourse we all want to do that, but its pretty hard to do)

If that is your goal, then as Phil said you need to play around with your percentages and go from there...For example try your carbs around 220 grams per day (split up into 5-6 meals) add in healthy fats to some of your meals (keep track ofcourse) Protein should be about 1.25 per pound of bodyweight...Do that for a few weeks and see where your at...Then you get an base of what is working and what isnt...Overall on what your eating it is pretty good, you probalby just need to tweak it here and there...again good luck with your goals

chris

That right there is priceless! I experience that but never really stopped to figure out the difference. Until now.................

Johndoe,

Sounds like your saying you what to lean out some, and hold or gain some muscle on the way down in BF% ??? correct ??? (ofcourse we all want to do that, but its pretty hard to do)

If that is your goal, then as Phil said you need to play around with your percentages and go from there...For example try your carbs around 220 grams per day (split up into 5-6 meals) add in healthy fats to some of your meals (keep track ofcourse) Protein should be about 1.25 per pound of bodyweight...Do that for a few weeks and see where your at...Then you get an base of what is working and what isnt...Overall on what your eating it is pretty good, you probalby just need to tweak it here and there...again good luck with your goals

chris
Yes thats it but how do I figure out what 220 grams of carbs is? Now this is really going to sound stupid but do I use a scale? I used a scale to weigh my chicken and yams before so is this the same?

I feel that the body craves protein and will let you know when you need it.........it wil be a lower gut feeling.........craving carbs will be an upper gut feeling almost to the throat.....then later on a shaking/weak feeling.

what are your thoughts about grains/rice/wheat ?

Im talking about Only Fruits and Vegetables as Carb source no grains/wheat?

Do you think someone can live on a diet like this?

Well

what are your thoughts about grains/rice/wheat ?

Im talking about Only Fruits and Vegetables as Carb source no grains/wheat?

Do you think someone can live on a diet like this?

A lot more people are allergic to wheat than they know......I have my own opinions about the rest of your question but I need to keep that between my clients.

you gave this out for no charge?:eek:

Nice post Phil, thanks for the info!

you gave this out for no charge?:eek:

Don't want to answer for him but I feel you pay trainers/ nutritionists for their eyes and experience. Basically them monitoring you and making adjustments.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws