over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Carbs, Fats and Protien

Well when i first read this thread I assumed you were a young 20 something man from the sounds of it.....now that I know your 46 and much more mature I need to apoligize a little bit....but I still think there is a timeline a bodybuilder should take here in studying which you didnt do.....training diet supplements and then maybe grey market supplements and then maybe drugs in that order......you skipped over everything and went right to the sauce.

Im in a rush but i do want to say two things.....thank you Bald Nazi for that post and I couldnt agree more with Phil that people are allergic and intolerant to foods much more than they realize---...I was going to write a big article on Elisa testing in here but time is fleeting of late

Well when i first read this thread I assumed you were a young 20 something man from the sounds of it.....now that I know your 46 and much more mature I need to apoligize a little bit....but I still think there is a timeline a bodybuilder should take here in studying which you didnt do.....training diet supplements and then maybe grey market supplements and then maybe drugs in that order......you skipped over everything and went right to the sauce.

Im in a rush but i do want to say two things.....thank you Bald Nazi for that post and I couldnt agree more with Phil that people are allergic and intolerant to foods much more than they realize---...I was going to write a big article on Elisa testing in here but time is fleeting of late

Your right That I dont have it down to a science and yes I am still learning. I have received alot of guidence through friends. Been on and off for the last 4 yrs and never once had any problems. I know with out a question that you know alot more than me but do you know everything? or how about this did you know everything before you started? Just wondering. Oh yea, I been training since I was a young teen. I could go on but I have to go out for a while but Ill be back. Catch ya later

John Doe, I think everyone simply thought you were some young idiot.

That misconception changed once you clarified your diet, age and experience.

I am glad you are posting. This whole thing is supposed to be fun and hopefully we all learn things.

At first I thought, "oh no another guy who is loading himself with drugs and didn't bother to learn anything about eating."

That is obviously not you. It sounds like you eat as well as most people do in the offseason.

I think these guys were hoping to make a point with younger guys on the board who seem to think that more and more drugs are the answer...before they exhaust all the training and nutritional options. :)

Yes

Nice post Phil, thanks for the info!

Don't want to answer for him but I feel you pay trainers/ nutritionists for their eyes and experience. Basically them monitoring you and making adjustments.

Exactly........think of it as brainstorming......another voice of reason.......a counselor, mentor, friend.....encompases all I suppose........it morphs really, hahahahha

I say you should hire Phil and learn a great deal of knowledge..........And at the same time get in the best shape of your life. there are others on here that can help but first recommendation will always go to Phil first.;)

I know with out a question that you know alot more than me but do you know everything? or how about this did you know everything before you started? Just wondering. Oh yea, I been training since I was a young teen. I could go on but I have to go out for a while but Ill be back. Catch ya later

No absolutely not, I dont know everything, not even close...im always still learning. As for the second part before i started I did put 7 years in of hardcore natural training and studied every single thing I could get my hands on that could even be remotely related to bodybuilding nutrition, supplement and drug wise. I exhausted what i could supplement and nutrition wise (at that point in time) before I ventured into the darker arena and even then I was scared shitless and studied everything I could about ergo aids.....

Your first post on this thread looked to me like a guy who is early 20's who is foreign mail ordering and jacking super supplements but didnt have a clue on the other things that make up bodybuilding that are of extreme importance......I do see now that you are 46 and have further explanations on everything.

I say you should hire Phil and learn a great deal of knowledge..........And at the same time get in the best shape of your life. there are others on here that can help but first recommendation will always go to Phil first.;)

Not out of the question thats for sure. Some times I dont feel like I have the disaplin it takes. I wasted my money and anothers time because I couldnt stay on track with the diet recomandations once before. I did learn alot though so I guess it wasnt a total waste. It is deffinitly a good idea though. Maybe in the near future. Thanks

No absolutely not, I dont know everything, not even close...im always still learning. As for the second part before i started I did put 7 years in of hardcore natural training and studied every single thing I could get my hands on that could even be remotely related to bodybuilding nutrition, supplement and drug wise. I exhausted what i could supplement and nutrition wise (at that point in time) before I ventured into the darker arena and even then I was scared shitless and studied everything I could about ergo aids.....

Your first post on this thread looked to me like a guy who is early 20's who is foreign mail ordering and jacking super supplements but didnt have a clue on the other things that make up bodybuilding that are of extreme importance......I do see now that you are 46 and have further explanations on everything.

Just lookin for alittle help Bro, Thats all. Thanks

Personally, johndoe, the fact that you're 40 doesn't change JS, IMO. I realize you're looking for help, and I am too. But, I REALLY don't believe anyone should jump on the proverbial band wagon until he/she has REALLY put in the time at the dinner table, gym, and "library", trying to learn as much as humanly possible. I'm about to give it a go, and still having second thoughts. Have I REALLY done ALL that I can? I'd like to think so, but I must question myself about that because, contrary to popular forum belief, this isn't a game. Even HRT (if one doesn't know what they're doing) can cause problems.

Personally, johndoe, the fact that you're 40 doesn't change JS, IMO. I realize you're looking for help, and I am too. But, I REALLY don't believe anyone should jump on the proverbial band wagon until he/she has REALLY put in the time at the dinner table, gym, and "library", trying to learn as much as humanly possible. I'm about to give it a go, and still having second thoughts. Have I REALLY done ALL that I can? I'd like to think so, but I must question myself about that because, contrary to popular forum belief, this isn't a game. Even HRT (if one doesn't know what they're doing) can cause problems.

You know whats funny? All I was asking was about carb counting and such. Thanks for your input anyway

There's general guidelines out there for ratios and stuff, but it get so individual and it also changes as your physique changes, and other variables such as AAS usage, age, activity..

I would suggest, just start by writing down what you are eating right now, calculating your day out, cals,pro,fat, carbs... then maybe take it from there. Even better would be to track your typical diet for a few days post it up, with your goals, etc and see what the fellas here can suggest for ratios and adjustments.

There's general guidelines out there for ratios and stuff, but it get so individual and it also changes as your physique changes, and other variables such as AAS usage, age, activity..

I would suggest, just start by writing down what you are eating right now, calculating your day out, cals,pro,fat, carbs... then maybe take it from there. Even better would be to track your typical diet for a few days post it up, with your goals, etc and see what the fellas here can suggest for ratios and adjustments.

Thank You powerrack. Thats a great idea although it would be like sticking my neck out just to have my head chopped agian. I think Ill do it. I gotta be honest and say that there has been alot of good things said and than there were those that jumped on the opertunity just to flame. Thats OK. its all good I have learned from all. Thanks

JD, no intention to flame...AT ALL. Really. I think theres way too much of that going on, not enough comradery. I still meant what I said though. Take it for what it's worth. This is the internet, if you don't like, or want to accept my opinion, let it roll off your shoulder. I'll do the same.;)

You know whats funny? All I was asking was about carb counting and such. Thanks for your input anyway

Being 49, I will put in my .02, go to www.fitday.com, it is free. Log all your foods in their everyday, start out at these ratios 40p, 40c, 20f, adjust as needed. I stay fairly lean on these ratios, but everyone is different. Make sure you are getting healthy fats and fiber in. When you log in your foods, it will automatic figure all that out. I started logging foods in last year and made good gains. If you are unfamilar with adjusting ratios, then you hire someone.

Being 49, I will put in my .02, go to www.fitday.com, it is free. Log all your foods in their everyday, start out at these ratios 40p, 40c, 20f, adjust as needed. I stay fairly lean on these ratios, but everyone is different. Make sure you are getting healthy fats and fiber in. When you log in your foods, it will automatic figure all that out. I started logging foods in last year and made good gains. If you are unfamilar with adjusting ratios, then you hire someone.

Thanks pesty. I did hear about that site last year somtime and I will check it out

Fitday is good. I eat some bad foods on the weekends...OK...OK and during the week, but I know what foods I need and what foods work for me. IMO-Carbs are the key. What type, when to eat, and how many. I just finished 5 months on the Anabolic diet and learned quite a bit on how carbs play such an important role in BB'ing and life itself. I didn't quite like the diet, but I'm glad I did it because it gave me great insight on what works for me. The book is a good read as well for nutritional info. Diets aren't all cookie cutter, you have to experiment and see what works best for you.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws