over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Carbs for intra.

IIRC Jon Meadows (may he RIP) and Scott Stevenson were talking about the benefits of HBCD (or similar), with data, in like 2010?

I just bring a gatorade. What i dont drink before and during i drink after.
Kiss

In general, I don’t trust anything to keep my super sustained with glucose trickle into the blood, so I sip Gatorade because it’s most available and I get it at the grocery store, it’s dextrose.

Karbolyn has worked better in that it’s easier to use. Since I can put down 75g and be good for over an hour of training. But sometimes I train for over 2 hours and with my pre meal having 150g carbs, i fuel that first 30-45 minutes of training easy with just that using 9-10iu Novonlin R IM.

Does anyone know why fructose in inferior to dextrose.

In general, I don’t trust anything to keep my super sustained with glucose trickle into the blood, so I sip Gatorade because it’s most available and I get it at the grocery store, it’s dextrose.

Karbolyn has worked better in that it’s easier to use. Since I can put down 75g and be good for over an hour of training. But sometimes I train for over 2 hours and with my pre meal having 150g carbs, i fuel that first 30-45 minutes of training easy with just that using 9-10iu Novonlin R IM.

Does anyone know why fructose in inferior to dextrose.
because fructose mainly replenishes liver glycogen and during a positive caloric balance, liver glycogen is never depleted

I stopped using carbs in my intra months ago and have noticed ZERO difference. I go as long, if not longer. I just use eaa, whey + casein. Whatever food I ate the day prior is enough carb wise. After months of this I have come to the conclusion many of us are wasting money on drinking carbs. We read some sciency stuff and it makes us feel we are right. Try it. If your diet is setup right you don't need carbs during intra. All that money I would waste on karbolyn goes to the more important ingredients in my intra or food.

I stopped using carbs in my intra months ago and have noticed ZERO difference. I go as long, if not longer. I just use eaa, whey + casein. Whatever food I ate the day prior is enough carb wise. After months of this I have come to the conclusion many of us are wasting money on drinking carbs. We read some sciency stuff and it makes us feel we are right. Try it. If your diet is setup right you don't need carbs during intra. All that money I would waste on karbolyn goes to the more important ingredients in my intra or food.
if you no longer plan to grow, large amounts of intra-carbs are completely unnecessary, but if you are a super heavy bodybuilder and still want to develop, insulin and intra-training nutrition will give you a lot

if you no longer plan to grow, large amounts of intra-carbs are completely unnecessary, but if you are a super heavy bodybuilder and still want to develop, insulin and intra-training nutrition will give you a lot

Thx for the solid reply.

Even as a non large guy yet. I feel this strategy was part of what helped me to progress at faster rate than I otherwise would have.. So I can imagine it’s even more vital the bigger you get. Maybe it was just the basics being buttoned up that I responded to- but I felt like once I really threw in every stop when I became fully obsessed, experimenting with dialing in my intraworkout nutrition, electrolytes, hydration and fueling up before hand, insulin etc, I felt things take off at an even greater rate. Plus I’ve just measured everything from the start and things really started growing faster measurably then.

What is your opinion on the minimum length of your work out to achieve optimal results from an intra-carbs workout?

I could see it if your workouts are a few brutal hours long, but something like 45 - 1 hour long . . . opinion's vary.

Thanks.

What is your opinion on the minimum length of your work out to achieve optimal results from an intra-carbs workout?

I could see it if your workouts are a few brutal hours long, but something like 45 - 1 hour long . . . opinion's vary.

Thanks.
if your training lasts only 45-60 minutes (honestly, I personally don't understand how you can do something in such a short time, unless you do 4 sets working for encore and tris and nothing else) but then even a small amount of carbs like 20g will be beneficial and that's not the point for energy, only for the increase in insulin provided by carbohydrates, and the addition of amino acids is particularly important - a large dose of leucine will initiate regeneration during training

W
if your training lasts only 45-60 minutes (honestly, I personally don't understand how you can do something in such a short time, unless you do 4 sets working for encore and tris and nothing else) but then even a small amount of carbs like 20g will be beneficial and that's not the point for energy, only for the increase in insulin provided by carbohydrates, and the addition of amino acids is particularly important - a large dose of leucine will initiate regeneration during training
What if you arent using insulin, would intra carbs still be beneficial?

W

What if you arent using insulin, would intra carbs still be beneficial?
James tiny Vest on YouTube talks about using carbs as a driver before anyone even considers using insulin. I think he says that because he views this as one of the biggest drivers of growth, so it’s a staple people need to learn first in their training to make best use of their training window for Growth. He’s big on Karbolyn and I can see why.

He’s older and has downsized some now, but he was 290-300 not very fat either. Possibly 320

Thanks.
Anything over 25 minutes I think for my body.

So almost every workout.

15-20 is when I start to bring in my intraworkout protocol. Lately that’s been sipping dextrose and electrolytes.

But there is a difference here I can feel and see visually after this time period If I don’t keep fueling, and the meal that was in my stomach has trailed off.

The only time I do a session without an intra is now due to my crunched work scheduled and I try to still train 7-8 times per week. Some of these are just my bicep , tricep, or delt/ maybe calf dedicated workout that’s only date 25-30minutes.

I recently ran out of HBCD and went with some Gatorade powder. I feel like my results have been identical. The savings is quite significant as well. The HBCD I was using is $35-40 for (30) 25g servings. The Gatorade powder cost me $14 for (96) 25g Servings.

I recently ran out of HBCD and went with some Gatorade powder. I feel like my results have been identical. The savings is quite significant as well. The HBCD I was using is $35-40 for (30) 25g servings. The Gatorade powder cost me $14 for (96) 25g Servings.
Same, especially when I don’t just down all my Gatorade right in one shot. I kinda just take a sip of Gatorade, then a sip of water. And by the time I’m done lifting or close to it it’s gone.

Btw, do you or anyone reading this know where to find good quality Eaas? All the ones I see are trash and are essentially BCAAS with a few hundred mg of the extra eaa thrown in on top.

The Gorilla Mode Eaas is the only one that actually has proper levels of the other essential aminos. Not just bcaas with a dash of the others thrown on top. Like some brands legitimately with 10-20mg of L-histidine, as if that will do something.

I’m prob just going with the Gorilla Mode Eaas but they’re all flavored, so I can’t really mix it with Gatorade powder, so I’m left having to mix it with Karbolyn or some non sweet carb powder.

Thanks.
Hours of BRUTAL training?...LOL
You think Dorian Yates could of trained for hours? Maybe we have different thoughts on the word "Brutal".

You think Dorian Yates could of trained for hours? Maybe we have different thoughts on the word "Brutal".

How long were your workouts?

Also, dont most of the DC guys train around an hour or so?

because fructose mainly replenishes liver glycogen and during a positive caloric balance, liver glycogen is never depleted
True, thats why (especially during a cut) raw honey before bed does wonders for my sleep.

You think Dorian Yates could have trained for hours? Maybe we have different thoughts on the word "Brutal".
I had just listened to an interview with Jason Huh and he was asked about intra. drinks. Very interesting and informative (I am in agreement with) hence my ‘open ended’ question.

And I happen to agree with you but can see both sides at the risk of being wishy-washy, playing devils advocate 🤔

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131