over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What’s in YOUR intra workout shake?

Genuine question here; why is e-Lyte so highly regarded? Based off the nutrition data it’s pretty subpar in electrolytes… is there something I’m missing here?

Per my post above: The E-Lyte I added when I was working with AJ a few year back then re-added it when I started with him again last month.

I also used about 2-3 packets of LMNT spread throughout the day.

Good idea mixing HBCD and dextrose, I’m going to do that! That’s a lot of ingredients, do you dilute it a lot so it’s not too thick?
I used to do only HBCD, but at one of his seminars, Scott Stevenson, @homonunculus ( I'm PRETTY sure it was SS), recommended that I use some dextrose and it's worked just as well and been considerably less expensive!

I used to do only HBCD, but at one of his seminars, Scott Stevenson, @homonunculus ( I'm PRETTY sure it was SS), recommended that I use some dextrose and it's worked just as well and been considerably less expensive!
I've been saying this for a while and had a lot of pushback on it. If you digest dextrose well and use it like a bodybuilder, sipping on it through your workout so you get a steady influx of glucose, it just works. It's the closest thing we can purchase to glucose and that's what we want during our workouts for fuel and glycogen storage. There's guys that don't digest it well and that's where the alternatives shine.

Per my post above: The E-Lyte I added when I was working with AJ a few year back then re-added it when I started with him again last month.

I also used about 2-3 packets of LMNT spread throughout the day.
2-3 LMNTS a day has GOT to add up lol. They are awesome though, my girl just got me the sample pack for Valentine’s Day.

I've been saying this for a while and had a lot of pushback on it. If you digest dextrose well and use it like a bodybuilder, sipping on it through your workout so you get a steady influx of glucose, it just works. It's the closest thing we can purchase to glucose and that's what we want during our workouts for fuel and glycogen storage. There's guys that don't digest it well and that's where the alternatives shine.

Hey Hype - how much are you using and does the amount differ based on what your training?

Hey Hype - how much are you using and does the amount differ based on what your training?

50-75 grams. On the lower side if I know it’ll be a shorter workout and the higher side if I know it’ll be more intense and longer. Fit these carbs into your diet though, I wouldn’t add them on top of your daily needs without subtracting them elsewhere or you could end up putting on some unwanted fat. I wouldn’t start at these doses either, or it could be a recipe for feeling nauseous or puking during your workout. Work your way up.

30g EAA
25-75g any type carb powder
5g taurine
12-15g creatine
5-10g glicerol
2g salt
2 serving electrolyte powder
That’s pretty thick, how much do you like to dilute in?

What electrolyte powder do you recommend?

Also would you guys recommend adding some more salt intra even if I’m taking 2 grams pre workout?

2 scoops of Super Carb
Which is HBCD 50g w/ electrolytes
Some sea salt
10g EAA if I’m lifting fasted

The dose makes the poison in this.
I believe the studies showing gastric distress is when you consume a solution that is greater than 6-8% dextrose.
Can be negated by increasing the volume of your drink but too much water also can be counterintuitive.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131