advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What do you do with intra-workout carbs while cutting?

Nike22

Registered
Newbies
With July just around the corner I want to put my cut into high gear.
Thanks to all you bros for advice earlier in the year, things are going great!

Now that I'm starting to cut back on my carbs, I'm looking at the 60g of intra WO carbs I'm using and thinking maybe I should cut some from there and focus more on pre/post workout carbs. Less sugar, more complex carbs, that type of thing.

Starting stats/macros: (5-6 wks ago)
Wt 228, bf 14-15%, Pro 345, Carbs 345, Fat 90, total cals 3600-3700
Current stats/macros:
Wt 221, bf 12-13%, Pro 335-345g, Carbs 250-300g, Fat 75-90g, total cals 3200-3500
(the amounts change based on how hard the training day is)

Does anyone have any advice on what to do with intra-workout carbs during a cut?

Intra is the last Carbs to be cut for me.
I try to keep a little in the meal before training and the intra workout Gatorade.

With July just around the corner I want to put my cut into high gear.
Thanks to all you bros for advice earlier in the year, things are going great!

Now that I'm starting to cut back on my carbs, I'm looking at the 60g of intra WO carbs I'm using and thinking maybe I should cut some from there and focus more on pre/post workout carbs. Less sugar, more complex carbs, that type of thing.

Starting stats/macros: (5-6 wks ago)
Wt 228, bf 14-15%, Pro 345, Carbs 345, Fat 90, total cals 3600-3700
Current stats/macros:
Wt 221, bf 12-13%, Pro 335-345g, Carbs 250-300g, Fat 75-90g, total cals 3200-3500
(the amounts change based on how hard the training day is)

Does anyone have any advice on what to do with intra-workout carbs during a cut?
Keep in until final 10 days.

Why not lower the fats instead. Fats do very little good imo especially on gear.

Why drink carbs when your main goal is to loose fat? Wouldn't you want to burn as much fat as possible during and after training?

Why drink carbs when your main goal is to loose fat? Wouldn't you want to burn as much fat as possible during and after training?
carbohydrates do not prevent you from burning fat - this is the biggest bro-myth that, as you can see, is still circulating

whether you burn fat depends only on the caloric deficit and it doesn't matter if you create it by cutting carbs, fats or doing more cardio - let's stop writing such nonsense because later people read it and believe it

I'd do at least 25gr intra. Even on keto if you're HR goes over 145bpm you risk breaking down muscle tissue, unless you'reheavily fat adapted, which takes months.

It's funny how everyone is always freaking out about missing a meal or not meeting their protein quota for the day to optimize muscle gain, but now nutrition and exercise is not that important when it comes to fat lose.

It's funny how everyone is always freaking out about missing a meal or not meeting their protein quota for the day to optimize muscle gain, but now nutrition and exercise is not that important when it comes to fat lose.
Nutrition is key when it comes to fat loss. Carbohydrate timing if anything becomes even more important in a deficit to maximize your gym performance. You’re creating a straw man argument… nobody said that nutrition isn’t important.

Lmao you really don’t know what you talking about . Only thing that burns fat is a calorie deficit
What ever man, you can not even distinguish a question from a statement

Periworkout nutrition is the most critical time in the day for lbm.
Overall nutrition is the vehicle for fat loss yes but periworkout is critical for that extra %.
Leave them for as long as possible.
Also your protein is too high and some of that should but swapped for carbs if you’re worried about carbohydrate preservation

always keep intra carbs - usually 50-75g and when cutting 25-50g for me they make a huge difference helping to maintain training intensity
Agree. I'll admit with zero shame I'm a keto guy but not around workouts. Not only does the intensity allow for increased glycogen and protein uptake, it knocks my refeeds down to almost zero on weekends and I still feel fine and my BG is good. People go way overboard on refeed meals, even refeed days IMO. Now if you're 300lbs fairly lean, you can and may need to do exactly that. But not the 180-200lb gym rat. You just don't have the LBM to house it.

That doesn't mean you can't still have a loading day here and there, if you're hungry and feel weak and deflated, perhaps you should load up. Just don't blow out your insulin sensitivity with too many refeeds. If you know you've gotten enough carb replacement, then check your sodium and fluid intake. I've been low on sodium on 2 of my last 4 book tests. Not good.

Wait, what? Where are u getting this from?

I like to keep them in on a harder training day or two during prep. As time winds down and calories get lower I’ll pull them out because I like to eat my carbs when they get low. I’m not dieting on 3-500g of carbs at the end. When carbs around down around 50-150 I’m eating them. Haha.

Agree. I'll admit with zero shame I'm a keto guy but not around workouts. Not only does the intensity allow for increased glycogen and protein uptake, it knocks my refeeds down to almost zero on weekends and I still feel fine and my BG is good. People go way overboard on refeed meals, even refeed days IMO. Now if you're 300lbs fairly lean, you can and may need to do exactly that. But not the 180-200lb gym rat. You just don't have the LBM to house it.

That doesn't mean you can't still have a loading day here and there, if you're hungry and feel weak and deflated, perhaps you should load up. Just don't blow out your insulin sensitivity with too many refeeds. If you know you've gotten enough carb replacement, then check your sodium and fluid intake. I've been low on sodium on 2 of my last 4 book tests. Not good.
I'm seriously looking at keto for mental health but would like to continue to pursue this sport, my question is when do you think carbs are most useful, intra, pre, post, a combination, or all the above? From what I've read pre and intra is the fastest in and out from blood to muscle, while post is probably the best for recovery.

i wonder how intra workout carbs will jive with GLP-1 agonists - especially when peri-workout insulin is used

I like to keep them in on a harder training day or two during prep. As time winds down and calories get lower I’ll pull them out because I like to eat my carbs when they get low. I’m not dieting on 3-500g of carbs at the end. When carbs around down around 50-150 I’m eating them. Haha.

This is pretty much what I do. I keep them in as long as I can until I just would rather eat them.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131