over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cardillo weight training belt

I use the bodybuilding tapered belt from elitefts for heavy lifts and the rest of my workout I wear a tK waistband - much better than a belt if goal is to keep the core tight as it is warming as well

I use the bodybuilding tapered belt from elitefts for heavy lifts and the rest of my workout I wear a tK waistband - much better than a belt if goal is to keep the core tight as it is warming as well

I wear a waist band as well just to keep the core warm. I don't own a belt. My L5 - S1 is partially fused and my physical therapist recommended I don't wear one at all and instead work on strengthening the deep supporting muscles of my spine.

I keep going back and forth with getting one anyway. The cardillo ones are pretty cool looking.

I wear a waist band as well just to keep the core warm. I don't own a belt. My L5 - S1 is partially fused and my physical therapist recommended I don't wear one at all and instead work on strengthening the deep supporting muscles of my spine.

I keep going back and forth with getting one anyway. The cardillo ones are pretty cool looking.

I'm generally in favor of minimizing belt use since it makes it possible to lift heavy loads with poor spinal position. With a fusion, I can see how that would make the risk profile even less favorable. That said, for a heavy lift you want all the stability you can get but just have to be especially mindful not to sacrifice position. That's why, like maldorf, I like the belt for just top sets. For me that usually means putting my belt on past 4 plates for squats and 3 plates for bent over movements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had one of their blts for many years. One of their powerlifting belts. No reason for it not to be as wide ip front in my opinion. And it is one of their veveraged closure belts. Very quick and secure. And it is quick to open for all the lifts that I don't need it.

I am thinking of getting this. So cool:cool::D:thumbup:

I am a huge Marvel Fan.

But...Superman is DC...:D;)

Ball-busting aside, I considered getting one a while back. But after seeing how they wear, I'm just not interested. Several that I've seen, after a few years of usage, have cracked and split leather all around the buckle holes, and as much as I'd like to have a belt with a cool custom logo, or my name on it, THAT kind of money is just not worth something that's going to look ready to fall apart after a few years.:banghead:

Inzer, on the other hand, I love. I have two of theirs, a 2-prong and a lever. I've had the lever for over 10 years and the 2-prong for over 5 and they're fantastic!:headbang:

No, I do not wear it the entire workout like you do. I just wear it during big lifts like over head press, bentover row, squats, deads. etc.

I do think you are short changing yourself wearing it all of the time because you want to stress your abs some to keep them fit. Some guys take it so far as to not wear a belt except during the heaviest of lifts. I still like to use it for major lifts.

I agree. Although what do I know as I never wear a belt. I tried but never liked the feel.

Dev you should buy a corset for your big belly ;):D

I hope you do get a cardillo so I can finally talk to someone that owns one!! I've bee on the fence for a while.

Hey are really nice belts. I have 1 now and have considered getting a second one

Had mine about 5 years now, bought it just for overhead press. Awesome belt

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1469022089096.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1469022089096.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
My Cardillo was a gift from JT. I've had it for roughly 10 years now and I love it. He was initially upset when it came because he thought it was too small but that wasn't the case. His belt would swallow me, give me bruises on my ribcage and hips so this one (that's tapered) fit perfectly and I use it often. I've used it for the couple of powerlifting meets, getting ready for shows and for the regular dinking around in the gym. I've even loaned it out a couple of times for friends doing powerlifting meets.

Attachments

• 1469027352881.jpg
    1469027352881.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 182
Pulled the trigger today. they quoted me 220 USD . £ is down compare to $. Luckily one of my close friend is in LA right now I found out so I got it shipped to him. The lady at Carrillo was very nice and helpful and did not mind the hassle as I had full 220 USD already. she cancelled shipping to UK and sent it to LA today and will be refunding me 55 USD via PayPal tomorrow so it only cost me 165 USD :) :thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited:
But...Superman is DC...:D;)

Ball-busting aside, I considered getting one a while back. But after seeing how they wear, I'm just not interested. Several that I've seen, after a few years of usage, have cracked and split leather all around the buckle holes, and as much as I'd like to have a belt with a cool custom logo, or my name on it, THAT kind of money is just not worth something that's going to look ready to fall apart after a few years.:banghead:

Inzer, on the other hand, I love. I have two of theirs, a 2-prong and a lever. I've had the lever for over 10 years and the 2-prong for over 5 and they're fantastic!:headbang:

haha Aikman u got me. I love them all. I have to post pics of my batman cufflinks and superman ones as well . so wicked.

Mate I have never heard they tearing up. I have done extensive research, read reviews . people say a Carrillo lasts long long time, some say life time. Also if someone bought a belt and torn in like a 1-2 years and if the person contacted Steve cardillo I am sure he will change it for free. Where did u get to hear or read these bad reviews I wonder ?

John Schiek , founder of Schiek give lifetime warranty on his belts. yes lifetime. If you send him a pic of a manufacturing fault with him product he will change it for u.

Steve and John both are very proud creators and take huge huge pride in their products quality and craftsmanship. Brand name & keeping a loyal customer base is everything for them. changing few damaged items here and there is not worth somebody going and writing a poor review somewhere on internet on a Schiek or Carrillo product. They have a hell of a reputation in the industry to protect.

I am not saying Inzer is any less. Inzer is just another legendary brand like these two. They all have their market share in accessory business.

I love mine. Have had it about 4-5 yrs now. Had them stitch my name on back so if anyone ever stole it at gym, I'd know it was mine. It's holding up very well. I'll buy another one if I ever need too.

I know that any brand of any product can turn out the occasional lemon, it's just that every single one that I've seen live that's more than a few years old looks chewed up.

I'd LOVE for more members to post some pics of well-used belts that look like they've held up better...because I think they really look cool and if I were convinced they'd last, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

I agree. Although what do I know as I never wear a belt. I tried but never liked the feel.

Dev you should buy a corset for your big belly ;):D

:-(

Attachments

• 1470577044251.jpg
    1470577044251.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Did you receive your belt yet? I seen on Mark Bell's website howmuchyabench.net has some nice belts. But no tapered ones. Just 4" powerlifting ones 10mm and 13mm ones

Did you receive your belt yet? I seen on Mark Bell's website howmuchyabench.net has some nice belts. But no tapered ones. Just 4" powerlifting ones 10mm and 13mm ones

no mate. I was going to get it shipped to uk straight but then I found out my mate who is in LA for business could bring it for me. So the belt has been delivered to him already. He is coming back in the first week of September to England so he will bring it back and I will post a pic. so exiting can't wait. My cheap ass saved 55 US dollars on shipping doing it this way. They only charged local shipping to LA.

no mate. I was going to get it shipped to uk straight but then I found out my mate who is in LA for business could bring it for me. So the belt has been delivered to him already. He is coming back in the first week of September to England so he will bring it back and I will post a pic. so exiting can't wait. My cheap ass saved 55 US dollars on shipping doing it this way. They only charged local shipping to LA.

Sounds like pretty fast turn-around time...I thought it took several months.

Hey I got the TK belt after reading JM's stellar review of it. I love it and would recommend it to anyone.

CG

Dusty Hanshaw uses and really likes Cardillo.

I have an Inzer single prong.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jakestan2001
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner