over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Weighted push-ups when training alone

I saw this on Instagram today and I'm going to try it

I love doing pushups with a bunch of 45s stacked on my back but it's impossible training alone and I hate bugging someone to stack em all up on my back
The best if you have the weight up on your upper back. I have been doing those for many years, and you upper body has to be in a different angle, almost like a decline press.

I saw this on Instagram today and I'm going to try it

I love doing pushups with a bunch of 45s stacked on my back but it's impossible training alone and I hate bugging someone to stack em all up on my back
Solid idea. It reminded me of someone in a gym I visited. He hung a plate loading pin to be just above his upper back and he did pushups in the way the guy in the IG clip did. Works if you don't have a smith machine available. Also looked like it forced him to use a controlled tempo to avoid the stack flailing around.

Heavy bands are the easiest way to add resistance, but you get minimal resistance added at the bottom. Still a viable option if nothing else is available.

I don't even think you need to load them to get the benefits from body movements. Chins, pullups, handstand pushups, defect pushups, decline diamond pushups etc all work...

Look at these guys, they just blast the shit out of chins, dips, various pushups, how many guys in the gym look like them?

Solid idea. It reminded me of someone in a gym I visited. He hung a plate loading pin to be just above his upper back and he did pushups in the way the guy in the IG clip did. Works if you don't have a smith machine available. Also looked like it forced him to use a controlled tempo to avoid the stack flailing around.

Heavy bands are the easiest way to add resistance, but you get minimal resistance added at the bottom. Still a viable option if nothing else is available.
The bands will increase most of the resistance on the top, is more load on the triceps.

The bands will increase most of the resistance on the top, is more load on the triceps.
If you would have read the second part of that sentence, you would have seen that I stated that. Just in case you missed my point, I only mentioned heavy bands to him because

"Heavy bands are the easiest way to add resistance...a viable option if nothing else is available."

I don't even think you need to load them to get the benefits from body movements. Chins, pullups, handstand pushups, defect pushups, decline diamond pushups etc all work...

Look at these guys, they just blast the shit out of chins, dips, various pushups, how many guys in the gym look like them?

They're the very lower percentile anomaly bro. Actually lots of guys in gyms look like them . How many guys that only do calisthenics look like those guys is a better question . I was locked up with guys that only ate honeybuns, little Debbie snacks and Ramen that also looked like that , dare I say they were onto something with that diet ? There is no replacement for genetics

They also “blast the shit” out of other stuff too. My opinion. (Don’t know if blast is the correct word.) They have also have worked out in a gym. My opinion. You don’t look like that working out in the play ground. My opinion.

I agree about the benefits of body weight exercises but they can only do so much. These guys are doing much more than that. My opinion.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear