over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cardio on an epmty stomach vs cardio on full stomach

The Wolf

Kilo Klub Member
Definitely empty stomach!

I can express more energy on empty stomach, I don't know why but I can give 100% of my aerobic potential. I did it just this morning and now I feel strong like a lion!

take some eaa's or bcaa's and do the cardio, this will ensure you are not wasting muscle mass... cardio in the morn is superior to cardio the rest of the day due to the low insulin levels in the morn. and the low glycogen...

you can use fancy words all the other b.s stated in that thread but it comes down to the basics and common sense....

take some eaa's or bcaa's and do the cardio, this will ensure you are not wasting muscle mass... cardio in the morn is superior to cardio the rest of the day due to the low insulin levels in the morn. and the low glycogen...

you can use fancy words all the other b.s stated in that thread but it comes down to the basics and common sense....
well really what layne says makes perfect common sense.

i used to be a big believer in cardio to get lean, i have recently changed my thinking.

i used to be a big believer in cardio to get lean, i have recently changed my thinking.

please explain a bit further please.
thanks doug

I think it all depends on the person. I agree that diet is the key but I myself have to use cardio to get lean or at least to a level that would be suitable for contests. I like to take a serving of BCAA's and then add them to my water during the cardio session.

well really what layne says makes perfect common sense.

Its true he uses long words and his style is unique, but I think his style would only work for a natty and not a juicer. He studys some weird shit to do with protein metabolism scelotol bulishit so he talks like a scientist. He says you only need need 1lb protein per body weight or something, toataly different in approach as to somebody like Big A. Ive read is guide on bodyuilding.com for getting ready for competition and I didnt understand shit, you gotta be a real geek to know what the hell he was chatting about. Anyway still got respect for him but wish he would make more sense. KM2000, you make sense bro and I like your style, when I grow up I wanna be just like you:D

yup, so did i.... BUT i've recently learned that you have to add cardio even if it's just a little... man, i've skipped cardio for so long, i was huffin' and puffin' like the big bad wolf after a 10 minute session of 3.5 mph at a 10% incline... i call that being out of frikkin shape for sure! plus, it helps keep my BP down

oh... almost forgot the main subject here :D ... how can you do cardio with a full stomach? i'd probably puke!! semi empty for me (2-3 hours after a meal... or 1-2 hours after a small meal of 300 cals or so)

oh... almost forgot the main subject here :D ... how can you do cardio with a full stomach? i'd probably puke!! semi empty for me (2-3 hours after a meal... or 1-2 hours after a small meal of 300 cals or so)

Doing cardio dont mean running, I know some people that do low intensity cardio right after a meal, like a brisk walk around the block for 45 minutes. They think that they will burn off the dessert they just ate or something.

I do cardio for the minimum lenght (20-30') and stay fast for about 40' after it: during this time the body goes on burning fat as it was working. I don't take bcaa, they would merely been used as a source of energy preventing further fat burning, taking 10 cc of glycerol and plenty of water is enought to avoid catabolism.

What's this "cardio" thing you guys keep talking about? :p

It's sad, but I stay away from it altogether. I'm a hard enough gainer as it is without trying to burn extra calories on purpose.

Yeah you can use all those words and then be straight up wrong and not know what the hell you are talking about. WTF is he talking about? Cardio on empty versus full stomach and one isnt any better than the other, he is full of shit. If you eat a meal that raises blood glucose before cardio you will dramatically diminish the fat burning capability of your cardio session. Glucose is always the primary fuel source if blood glucose is high you will use that and you wont have a "normal" response to cardio exercise, most of the hormones that increase fatty acid oxidation during exercise are directly tied to blood glucose levels if you raise the BG level you throw a wrench in the engine and fuck the whole thing up.

EAA's bcaa's some whey protein all fine before cardio but you sure as hell should not eat any carbs. The lower your BG the more fat you will burn, and will lead to GH release etc, especially during high intensity. You will always not only perform better doing cardio on an empty stomach but you will also burn more fat.

Ok nice aesop but you basically just told the age old cardio story with all the appropriate terms

Problem is that science has advanced over that thinking

Probably best if someone gets layne himself over here to explain because I joined the lost faith in cardio club so it doesnt interest me anyway :p

I am not aware of science advancing past cardio on empty stomach. I dont know who Lane is and I hope their is much more behind his reasoning of "it doesn't matter when you do cardio." Nutrient timing is everything. You could have someone eat the exact same diet and only change when they ate certain things and they would get much better results for fat loss or muscle gain.

Hold your horses ! :D

Cardio on an empty stomach is tried and true and obviously works

What I meant is that it's not as simplistic anymore as you made it out to be, so actually I mean nothing because the specifics I do not know (anymore)

So the circle closes and all this is pure brain entertainment that would probably be better spent in the morning on the threadmill if you will

But you got to admit, I have a way with words

Layne is top up and coming natty bodybuilder, who is also a moderator for bodybuilding.com and muscular development and also has done alot of magazine articles. Hes top in his field but nowhere near Phil Hernon of course, so I got pissed off when he tried to diss Phil. He uses long funky words, I couldnt follow his shit if I tried.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws