over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Coconut Water VS Gatorade

Anyone here drink coconut water over Gatorade?

Coconut water is better than plain water but Gatorade is better than coconut water. The problem with coconut water is that it lacks sodium. Coconut water with added sodium is as good as Gatorade in terms of rehydration[1].

Also, if you are ever stranded on a remote island that happens to have coconuts and you need to provide IV hydration you can use coconut water[2]. Can't do that with Gatorade :)

?

Coconut water is better than plain water but Gatorade is better than coconut water. The problem with coconut water is that it lacks sodium. Coconut water with added sodium is as good as Gatorade in terms of rehydration[1].

Also, if you are ever stranded on a remote island that happens to have coconuts and you need to provide IV hydration you can use coconut water[2]. Can't do that with Gatorade :)

I would rather drink coconut water than Gatorade
How much sodium to add? An average coconut has, what, 8 oz of coconut water in it? So each coconuts' worth of water is a serving right, and you add a sea salt? This is worth A try.

Thanx

My friend who is a doctor said its best to take gatorade and mix it 50/50 with water if using it for rehydration. To much sodium and sugar to properly rehydrate the body.

Coconut water is the clear liquid inside young coconuts (fruits of the coconut palm), not to be confused with coconut milk. As the fruit matures, the coconut water gradually is replaced by the coconut meat and air. A very young coconut has very little meat, and the meat is very tender, almost a gel. Coconut water has long been a popular drink in the tropics, especially in Tropical Asia, Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago, and other Caribbean islands, where it is available fresh or bottled. It is naturally fat-free and low in food energy (16.7 calories or 70 kilojoules per 100 grams).

Coconuts for drinking are carefully packaged and sold in many places. These are typically Asian coconuts whose outer green husk has been removed, and the remainder wrapped in plastic. In Central America, particularly in Costa Rica, it is found and sold in strategic highway stops or on the beaches; there, the coconut water is called "agua de pipa", and the coconut is cut in front of the customer to ensure its freshness. Coconut water can also be found in regular cans or tetra paks (and often has coconut pulp or coconut jelly added) and is also marketed as a sports drink because of its high potassium and mineral content.

While people prefer different flavors of coconut water, generally a green coconut with some age spots is the most popular. Coconuts from various parts of the world also differ in taste. For example, Indian coconuts tend to be sweet while Brazilian coconuts have a bland taste and Bangladeshi coconuts (due to the soil composition) have extremely sweet water and flesh with a very slight salty aftertaste similar to the Indian.

Coconut water is also used as an intravenous fluid in some developing countries where medical saline is unavailable.[1]

Thank you...

My friend who is a doctor said its best to take gatorade and mix it 50/50 with water if using it for rehydration. To much sodium and sugar to properly rehydrate the body.

Coconut water is the clear liquid inside young coconuts (fruits of the coconut palm), not to be confused with coconut milk. As the fruit matures, the coconut water gradually is replaced by the coconut meat and air. A very young coconut has very little meat, and the meat is very tender, almost a gel. Coconut water has long been a popular drink in the tropics, especially in Tropical Asia, Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago, and other Caribbean islands, where it is available fresh or bottled. It is naturally fat-free and low in food energy (16.7 calories or 70 kilojoules per 100 grams).

Coconuts for drinking are carefully packaged and sold in many places. These are typically Asian coconuts whose outer green husk has been removed, and the remainder wrapped in plastic. In Central America, particularly in Costa Rica, it is found and sold in strategic highway stops or on the beaches; there, the coconut water is called "agua de pipa", and the coconut is cut in front of the customer to ensure its freshness. Coconut water can also be found in regular cans or tetra paks (and often has coconut pulp or coconut jelly added) and is also marketed as a sports drink because of its high potassium and mineral content.

While people prefer different flavors of coconut water, generally a green coconut with some age spots is the most popular. Coconuts from various parts of the world also differ in taste. For example, Indian coconuts tend to be sweet while Brazilian coconuts have a bland taste and Bangladeshi coconuts (due to the soil composition) have extremely sweet water and flesh with a very slight salty aftertaste similar to the Indian.

Coconut water is also used as an intravenous fluid in some developing countries where medical saline is unavailable.[1]

Thank you so much for that post! I never knew what the hell they were selling roadside in Coasta Rica and NOW I DO!!!
Agua de pipa! I had coconut water in Jamaica and was told it cures evrything from cancer to E.D.
Dont know about that but it is GOOD on a hot day at the beach....

I like gatorade, but i hate the huge sugar count in it! Coconut water is very refreshing. Very pure also!

I love coconut water. I have it delivered every month. Very tasty and great for rehydrating. I recommend O.N.E. coconut water.

Gatorade is crap.

Where do you see Gatorade Bottle Growing in trees?

You dont need Sugar

I know they do it in many of places in south america and such. But everytime I go to P.R. I always pop into one of the local bodegas and stand near their deep refridgerators. The old fashion kind you slide the door sideways and it always has beer or sodas in it. They keep their coconuts cold in there. If you want one they get one, pop a hole in it and give you a straw and it's like $1.00 for something so damn refreshing.

I know they do it in many of places in south america and such. But everytime I go to P.R. I always pop into one of the local bodegas and stand near their deep refridgerators. The old fashion kind you slide the door sideways and it always has beer or sodas in it. They keep their coconuts cold in there. If you want one they get one, pop a hole in it and give you a straw and it's like $1.00 for something so damn refreshing.

Yea, I just got back from Jaco, Costa Rica, my buddy and I paid these surfers to climb the palm trees after surfing to cut down coconuts for us. Only costed $2 for a round of coconuts. Pretty cool to see them climb those trees, definitely takes some serious strength

Yea, I just got back from Jaco, Costa Rica, my buddy and I paid these surfers to climb the palm trees after surfing to cut down coconuts for us. Only costed $2 for a round of coconuts. Pretty cool to see them climb those trees, definitely takes some serious strength

Our local supermarket has gotten around to putting up 2 international food isles. I see the canned version that GOYA makes. But some how it just aint the same for me! :D

not a fan...

not a fan of the canned GOYA...
Fresh is just soooo much better.
Besides the O.N.E. brand is there another that anyone likes???

I will research down the street at the Guatemalteca bodega/supermercado
and report back on the results...

I dare you to say that 3 times fast! :D

coconut water has sodium

three good brands are one, vita coco, and zico. the best though is the fresh stuff. here is one place that sells it fresh

**broken link removed**

three good brands are one, vita coco, and zico. the best though is the fresh stuff. here is one place that sells it fresh

**broken link removed**

Mule, thanks for the link brother, I'll have to give them a shot.

and as an answer to the question i am guessing the question is which is better for rehydration, performance.
well coconut water is better than gatorade hands down

Here's a comparison of ONE coconut water vs. Gatorade....mg's

Gatorade(8oz) Coconut water (11 oz)

Potassium 30 670

Calories 50 60

Magnesium ? 25

Sodium 110 60

Sugars 14 14 (natural)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics