over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Combating Lactic Acid build up?

foam rolling, voodoo flossing and other forms of SMR are helpful as well. Breaks up the scar tissue and allows for better blood flow. Done wonders for my forearm pumps

Thanks a lot. I was actually looking into the foam rolling as I saw a clip the other day. I am going to invest in one. Thanks again!

make sure to get a really stiff one. Like a rumble roller or the trigger point one. The little cheap ones just crush if your over like 200 pounds. I personally use a piece of pvc pipe now.

make sure to get a really stiff one. Like a rumble roller or the trigger point one. The little cheap ones just crush if your over like 200 pounds. I personally use a piece of pvc pipe now.

My uncle makes homemade canes out of wood. I wrapped a towel around it and just did each delt for minutes bro and OMG does it feel better. I was using all my weight on each delt rolling back and fourth....hurts so good man.. I have seen PVC pipe works well also..

I posted pvc pipe before i read the last sentence of your post...cool man, thanks! And yes, at this time I am 5'10" and 215-220lbs.

Last edited:
the crude hard formed foam rollers for massages kick ass... and also just an FYI since I noticed one guy saying everything but baking soda managed to have some effect although not much but baking soda is SODIUM BICARBONATE.. so know that it can be effective for most there a SHIT LOAD of sodium that can be quickly ingested in major amounts which... yuck, cant imagining being a good feeling....

the crude hard formed foam rollers for massages kick ass... and also just an FYI since I noticed one guy saying everything but baking soda managed to have some effect although not much but baking soda is SODIUM BICARBONATE.. so know that it can be effective for most there a SHIT LOAD of sodium that can be quickly ingested in major amounts which... yuck, cant imagining being a good feeling....

Sodium Bicarbonate I just went over for college. Emeric mentioned baking soda, 2 lemons in water, or his product energix. I think I will take everyones advice here but drinking baking soda. I like the jump sets honestly or at least do like chest tri's instead of doing 25-30 sets of chest 4-5 different exercises, rep range 8-10 but sometimes to filure and drop sets.

Mainly happens with delts and arms oddly. Have to go give blood work now. Yee Haw. These phlebotomists suck and can never find a vein. I am about to say " give me the butterfly needle and I will find a vein, I know my body way better than them " SMH the tried for 30 minutes last time and didn't get but one tube of blood.

Thanks everyone!!

Sodium Bicarbonate I just went over for college. Emeric mentioned baking soda, 2 lemons in water, or his product energix. I think I will take everyones advice here but drinking baking soda. I like the jump sets honestly or at least do like chest tri's instead of doing 25-30 sets of chest 4-5 different exercises, rep range 8-10 but sometimes to filure and drop sets.

Mainly happens with delts and arms oddly. Have to go give blood work now. Yee Haw. These phlebotomists suck and can never find a vein. I am about to say " give me the butterfly needle and I will find a vein, I know my body way better than them " SMH the tried for 30 minutes last time and didn't get but one tube of blood.

Thanks everyone!!

How much baking soda would you take?

Sodium bicarbonate is available in powder or capsule form. Chronic supplementation of sodium bicarbonate greatly increases your lactate threshold, or the point just before the pH of your blood becomes more acidic; it is used primarily for high intensity training. Chronic loading entails you consume 0.4g of sodium bicarbonate per kilogram of your body weight three days per week for eight weeks. If you have several races or matches in one day, serial loading buffers your blood for as long as 24 hours. Consume 0.3 to 0.5 g of sodium bicarbonate per kilogram of body weight per day; split this into three to four small doses for three to five days up to the day before your competition. Use sodium bicarbonate before a highly intense race or event such as sprinting or weightlifting. Consume 0.3 g of sodium bicarbonate per kilogram of body weight, split between three to four doses and taken 60 to 90 minutes before your event, according to a 2008 article by Scott Riewald, Ph.D., published in the "Strength and Conditioning Journal."

Sodium bicarbonate is available in powder or capsule form. Chronic supplementation of sodium bicarbonate greatly increases your lactate threshold, or the point just before the pH of your blood becomes more acidic; it is used primarily for high intensity training. Chronic loading entails you consume 0.4g of sodium bicarbonate per kilogram of your body weight three days per week for eight weeks. If you have several races or matches in one day, serial loading buffers your blood for as long as 24 hours. Consume 0.3 to 0.5 g of sodium bicarbonate per kilogram of body weight per day; split this into three to four small doses for three to five days up to the day before your competition. Use sodium bicarbonate before a highly intense race or event such as sprinting or weightlifting. Consume 0.3 g of sodium bicarbonate per kilogram of body weight, split between three to four doses and taken 60 to 90 minutes before your event, according to a 2008 article by Scott Riewald, Ph.D., published in the "Strength and Conditioning Journal."

this. arm and hammer works best for endurance athletes. not short set weight lifting. if you have some burning, just suck it up. its part of high rep fun. also, its called being a man. tho a man would do heavy weights.
also, having a pump isn't the same as lactic acid buildup.

this. arm and hammer works best for endurance athletes. not short set weight lifting. if you have some burning, just suck it up. its part of high rep fun. also, its called being a man. tho a man would do heavy weights.
also, having a pump isn't the same as lactic acid buildup.

next....not worth my time....and it isn't burning at all, it is a fluid build up to the point i can hardly move, not pain and you don't know me and nothing about me being a man, so slow down dude.

also, explain the difference between the two...lactic build up and a pump filled with blood....SMH, always one outta the crowd. hahhaha

Lastly, thanks for you worthless 2 cents...I have it figured out now by mature members. Your input was not even remotely needed...

Last edited:
I have the same problem when I train delts and calves. Beta alanine is a godsend. Try a pre-workout supp that concentrates on that as a main focus, like Assault by MusclePharm (That's why I stack 2 pre-workout supps), or even better supplement it on its own both preworkout, and mix some in with your aminos during your workout. It's not a miracle cure, but it does make a difference

I have the same problem when I train delts and calves. Beta alanine is a godsend. Try a pre-workout supp that concentrates on that as a main focus, like Assault by MusclePharm (That's why I stack 2 pre-workout supps), or even better supplement it on its own both preworkout, and mix some in with your aminos during your workout. It's not a miracle cure, but it does make a difference

Thanks brother! beta alanine fruit punch by optimum nutrition on the way as we speak.

Sodium bicarbonate in an amount that will actually give results causes severe gastric distress in most people, so try it with caution. Alongside the foam rolling, i would recomend doing this shoulder stretch between some of your sets and post workout
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoGtrEcsqPQ]Increase Shoulder Flexibility Fast with This Shoulder Stretch - YouTube[/ame]

Baking soda blows, use potassium and sodium phosphates instead.

Dont forget to let us now how it goes. Im still looking for a solution that works incase this happens to me again. I forgot to mention foam rolling but i see several others did. This seemed to benefit me outside of the gym but not with the painful musclebinding pump during my workouts.

For those of you who dont understand or havent experienced this yourself, it is any bodybuilder/powerlifters worst nightmare. I love the feeling of the pump just as much as anyone else and i can handle sore joints and muscles and ive experienced tren cramps, but this is none of those things. Its a pump beyond overkill. Your limbs become unbendable. If you try to bend them, before youre even halfway you feel a sharp pain and it feels as if the muscle is about to tear. Id have to wait 10 minutes sometimes just to be able to drive home after a workout. And if i wanted to shower at the gym, id have to wait until i was able to take my shirt off. Even then when id manage to get undressed showering was a challenge. It is a true nightmare.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws