over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Compressed C5 C6 disc=Left Arm Pain

V-Man

Registered
Hello,

I have this as confirmed by x-rays. Its causing me left arm pain and numbness. I cannot get comfortable.

Has anyone had this and what did you do about it. I had one visit with a chiropractor. Will give him a week then go to the ER.

I'm holding on as best I can. Thanks for the advice.

I have several compressions throughout my spine, and two of them are in the cervical section as well. What really bothered mine were seated behind the head barbell presses. Also being stacked up on my upper back and neck in bjj. So i avoided those two things, and also went to the chiro. My chiro relieved the pain tremendously. I also took advil, and used stim. Good luck

I had this bad. It was an old neck injury that flaired up while I was training mma last December. The pain became unbarable. It kept me awake at night and my blood pressure wa thru the roof due to the pain.

My shoulder and arm numbness from nerve damage caused my left arm to atrophy and I lost 1.5" on that arm. I used a Chiropractor but it did not really help me. Traction and rest finally helped but it took 4 months since I tried to train through it (dumb)

Since I never got an MRI, I am not sure what the root cause was. An MRI should be your next step (ER if the pain is so bad you need relief with pain meds)

You can have permanent nerrve damage (that is the numbness you feel) if you let it go too long. I did. I hadn't read enough about this injury and I did not act pro-actively

Like MJT said, the bjj is the worst for me, getting stacked will flair it up bad!

I had the same injurt at C4 C5 and my right arm went numb for 13 months
Traction, physio and rehab weight work helped a lot. my anterior chain was way to strong so my shoulders were pulled forward adding more pressure to the nerve as well. I worked on getting my shoulders back and down,
looseining my upper traps, strengthening my lower traps, t3's, rhomboids, and lats. They also had me be very aware of keeping my spine and neck in line...keeping my chin tucked in and walking like I had a quarter btween my scapulas.
Traction was the key for me at the start. Chiros are great if they are doing active release and not just adjustments. They should work at it from a muscular perspective first skelatal second.

Just my 2C.

Mine was C6 and C7, you name it and I had it done to try and stop the pain with no luck...so finally I resolved to neck surgery back in Aug. It is a slow process and so far it looks good so I will keep my fingers crossed. Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

Hello,

I have this as confirmed by x-rays. Its causing me left arm pain and numbness. I cannot get comfortable.

Has anyone had this and what did you do about it. I had one visit with a chiropractor. Will give him a week then go to the ER.

I would recommend physical therapy; a good chiropractor who also focuses on rehabilitation exercises would suffice. The main key is to find out the CAUSE of why it happened as opposed to just treating the symptoms. Which leads me to my next question; why would you goto the ER? What would you expect to happen?

Hello,

A good chiropractor should be able to help you out.
If you have room at home,,invest in an inversion table.

Hello,

Read my siggy...trust me I know the pain. except mine is lumbar. 5 years ago my L5/S1 herniated...then my L4/L5... epidural injections did wonders for about 4 years. Then one day I was doing a warm up set, just the bar, and felt it go.
found myself in the ER loaded up on 4mg diladid...with 2mg, I passed out when they tried to roll me over.

turns out my L5/S1, L4/L5 completely collapsed onto one another, no space left, I started with 17mm of disc space, I was down to bone on bone. Then my L5 slide forward into my spinal colum. Legs were completely numb, thought I was going to be paralyzed.

They ended up doing a experimental surgery..using a 6 inch threaded rod drilled up thru the center of my spine, the threads were used in order to restore disc height, then they put 5 more screws in to hold everything in place while it fused.

6 months later, its now completely fused, but the pedicle screws are tearing thru my low back muscles, causing blood to pool and clot. so now I get to go back in on january 9 to remove some screws...joy joy.

**best thing you can do is go get a MRI, as with xrays you can not confirm or deny herniated disc. All xrays can do is see the bone, not the disc.... so really you dont know anything untill MRI is done. Once that done, if its simply compressed...some spinal decompression therapy , with a spinal epidural to take care of the numbness and you will be just fine. Its only a 6 inch needle going into your spine, no biggie. I had 14 of them before surgery.

I've got the same thing basically, except mine is C6/C7 with a little bulging in C5/C6 as well. I've been in pain for almost a month now and the past two weeks my index finger is numb with tremendous shoulder/arm pain. Tried prednisone, acupuncture, and now have an appointment Monday for an epidural steroid injection that they are confident will take away the pain. Then I'll do physical therapy. I haven't been to the gym in about a month....sucks big time.

Try everything else first

I ended up having fusion 4,5,6. my problrem is i put off surgery for too long, and made recovery even more time consuming. My advice is to try a lighter w/o schedule try rehab, epidural , chiropractor, etc, just do it in a timely fashion and be looking for a good neurosurgeon in the mean time. Even though it took longer for my rehab after surgery I don't regret having it now, probably couldn't do anything i enjoy anymore without having it done.

Dealing with it right now. Essentially bone on bone C5,6,7. Going to my chiro getting adjusted with traction and its slowly improving.

anabolicscuba... No HGH will not help.

Just had multi-level ACDF surgery on Feb 1. I would recommend having a MRI done for a better idea as to how bad the discs are bulging. I let my go for too long and ultimately caused permanent injury to my spinal chord.

Good luck

I am a chiro. The first question is "Do you have any 'hard' neurological discrepencies in the arm, for example, loss of reflex? The chiro should have tested this on the initial examination. You can have arm pain without loss of reflex, which would just indicate NERVE IRRITATION - and this should respond to manipulation.
However, if you have loss of reflexes (at the biceps for the C5-6 nerve), then this indicates more serious damage, i.e. actual structural pressure on the nerve. The prognosis for chiropractic then becomes 50:50, and if unresponsive then a corticosteroid shot or even surgery may be the only solution.
So, you need to accurately find out the actual neuro status and this will differentiate between nerve irritation, or frank nerve damage....

Hope this helps....;)

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420