over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

CoQ10

GoneForever

Banned
How many of you use it? Is there a recommened dose for bodybuilders? I have been using 300mg daily(150 morning/150night) and i only use the gel caps b/c i heard the powder form is useless. I take 2400mg red yeast rice extract daily so I heard I need a good dose of coq10, but is 300mg too much? This stuff gets expensive.

How many of you use it? Is there a recommened dose for bodybuilders? I have been using 300mg daily(150 morning/150night) and i only use the gel caps b/c i heard the powder form is useless. I take 2400mg red yeast rice extract daily so I heard I need a good dose of coq10, but is 300mg too much? This stuff gets expensive.

I use it everyday at 1gram. I buy it in bulk powder form (28grams is bulk for this stuff). They say powder form is useless because CoQ10 is fat soluble like Vitamins A,D,E or K and we know fat soluble substances don't get absorbed well will out a fat carrier. The simple fix I use is just put a gram of it into my fish oil and chug it down. Problem solved.

Try buying it in powder form, it's alot cheaper. 28 grams cost me 50 bucks or so from NOW nutrition.

Edit: forget to mention that 300 mg is fine. 100-300 is considered a maintenance dose and a gram or higher is therapuetic. There are no known toxicities at any dosages either.. Something to keep in mind and it's good for us is that in a few of the EU countries CoQ10 is a script drug, which goes to show how powerful this stuff can be. It has dozens of studies showing how good this stuff is.. I'm really surprised this stuff isn't one of the big 3 supplements for everybody. Personally I use to have bad angina and within a week of taking this stuff along with the fish oil my angina pain was gone.

Last edited:
i use it, very important for anybody on statins, that includes red yeast rice extract and is good for mitochondria

Damn I didnt know the powder was just as good. I would just throw it in a shake, take all my vitamins and pound a tbsp of olive oil and its the same as the gel caps?

Damn I didnt know the powder was just as good. I would just throw it in a shake, take all my vitamins and pound a tbsp of olive oil and its the same as the gel caps?

the best price for powder is ebay, you can get 25g shiped for around $40 no tax, and 50g for about $65.

^^^ I wish I would have known this before I dished out $70 for 200 gel caps at 100mg each.

So its %100 that the powder is just as good as long as you get some fat in with it?

^^^ I wish I would have known this before I dished out $70 for 200 gel caps at 100mg each.

So its %100 that the powder is just as good as long as you get some fat in with it?

yes

the best price for powder is ebay, you can get 25g shiped for around $40 no tax, and 50g for about $65.

Dave,

Is this something that comes and goes and you just need to wait for the powder to be listed? Or is there another place I'm not finding specifically for powders on eBay? That's a great price and if it can be simply added to cod liver oil, then all the better!

Thanks for the info!

Sorry Dave, I found some powder listed! You have no issues with quality?

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Mung,
I'm not an expert on supplements but I can say depending on what brand you purchased or will purchase quality shouldn't be an issue. Currently most of the CoQ10 is made in Japan through a special fermenting process and imported to the US, then sold at the distribution level to other companies(there are now Japanese owned plants in the US manufacturing now though) So we are all basically getting the same CoQ10 with a different label slapped on.

There is an american scientist that has just patented a different manufacturing process that's an easier and quicker way to make CoQ10 that will maybe bring the price of this stuff down (about 4k a kilo right now). The importation is one of the reasons, along with the mainstream use of this supplement (rather than a strictly BB population) and difficult manufacturing process, for it's high cost.

The only reason I know some of this stuff is because about a year ago I looked into a business venture to manufacture this stuff in the states and learned alot of this stuff. I started researching it heavily because I feel this is one supplement that is truely effective at what it claims.

Last edited:
Great insight ghostdog, thank you very much. I started taking this when I first worked with Phil and have been taking it for a little over a year now. That helps tremendously, as there are some really good prices on eBay...upwards of 200gm lots. Thanks again!

I have been taking it daily for a year. Get it in Costco, still pretty expensive there.

Anyone know the minimum amount of fat you need for it to be absorbed. I mean, a scoop of whey has 1gram of fat but im presuming you need more than that. What is minimum and can it be any fat(dairy,meat,oil,etc...) Thanks

EFA/coq10 ratio: I heard that it is supposed to be 5/1.5 and someplace else said 3/1
I think 5 to 1 would be a safe ratio.

EFA/coq10 ratio: I heard that it is supposed to be 5/1.5 and someplace else said 3/1
I think 5 to 1 would be a safe ratio.

So I dont get this. So for every 100mg of coq10 you need 300mg fat. So thats less than .5g of fat. Thats all you need.

I use 100mg 3 times a day to control cholesterol, one thing I have noticed is it helped my gums. Something my dentist was concerned about, she now recommends it to her patients I believe.

i am glad I re-visited this topic, I plan on making CoQ10 a staple in my supplement cabinet.

So I dont get this. So for every 100mg of coq10 you need 300mg fat. So thats less than .5g of fat. Thats all you need.

just take an EFA gel cap with the powder or take it with a normal meal (preferred)

puritan.com they have a by 2 get 3 free sale...so 5 bottles for the price of two....

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131