advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Couples Therapy. Did anyone try with it their spouse?

desibaba

Banned
Me and my girlfriend both had depression and anxiety issues way before we met each other. We have been together for almost a year and a half now with lots of ups and down. She primarily has very low self esteem and severe anger. I on the other hand get depressed and feel lots of anxiety. She was overweight growing up and even though she is really attractive now she constantly says things like "I feel fat in this dress" etc.

Also she had a tendency to try to get attention from random men because i think somehow that makes her "Feel" beautiful. Obviously im not going to tolerate it very well if my woman is talking to some guy behind my back and giving him the impression that she is single. We went to the psychiatrist today and he gave both of us 40 mgs of prozac a day. He also prescribed me one ambien a day because of my restlessness.

What i didnt like was he that seemed only interested in writing prescriptions rather than listening to our problems. He refferred us to be a couples therapy person for that. How exactly does that work? Im assuming thats more of the sit on a couch and talk about your issues kind of thing? How did it work for most of you who tried that.

Last edited:
It's a billing issue. The Pyschiatrist (MD) makes the same amount of money for saying hello, writing a script and saying goodbye as he/she would listening to you for 45 minutes. The therapist only does therapy, can't write Rxs. They talk to you.

I never did couples therapy, tho I am married 14 years and know many people who did. I've done other anger related therapy.

So that's how it works. Many pyschiatrists don't do therapy anymore. They just work as psychopharmachologist. (?) and write scripts.

You have 18 up and down months with her. My respectful 2 cents is you should go to a therapist that can help you say good bye.

If you have a good therapist and both of you are willing to consciously make an effort it can work wonders. Saved my current relationship

I would suggest the therapy!! Try it before taking any medication. Therapy while on anti-depressants isn't as effective. It prevents you from feeling and getting to the root of your issues.
Ambien is horrible stuff!! Addicting along with a ton of side effects. One of my good friends woke up from Ambien black out in the middle of an intersection fighting with two cops. He has no memory of how he got there or anything. His girlfreind says he kept getting up from bed and taking more Ambien because he couldn't sleep. Then he just walked out the door and got in his car at 2am and drove off. He was charged with DUI and assulting a police officer. I've taken it before and always woke up the next morning very angry. If you decide to take it be very careful.

I have been on the Ambien for 2 days now. Despite being on tren i definitely wake up feeling very refreshed and awake. I was concerned that it might make me feel drowsy during the day but nothing of that sort yet. I have never sleepwalked or anything like that but i did tell my GF to keep an eye on me. She did say i was snooring which isnt something that i usually do.

I have been on the Ambien for 2 days now. Despite being on tren i definitely wake up feeling very refreshed and awake. I was concerned that it might make me feel drowsy during the day but nothing of that sort yet. I have never sleepwalked or anything like that but i did tell my GF to keep an eye on me. She did say i was snooring which isnt something that i usually do.

It's always good to be cautious with all medication. That's great that the Ambien works for you. Be careful of building up a tolorence to it. I take Lunesta when needed, I like that better.

I should have asked before about what you were taking as far asPEDs are concerned. Tren makes me very anxious, irritable and somewhat depressed. My personal opinion; we (aas users) need to look at what we are taking in regards to hormones as a contributing fator to our moods and mental state. Those swings in emotions are part of the game and are better delt with without adding another sustance on top of what we are using. For me I deal by focusing on the fact tht I know what is causing the feelings so I'm able not to let them consume me. Sometimes it's still difficult to be patient with others.
Does your GF know about your use?

It's always good to be cautious with all medication. That's great that the Ambien works for you. Be careful of building up a tolorence to it. I take Lunesta when needed, I like that better.

I should have asked before about what you were taking as far asPEDs are concerned. Tren makes me very anxious, irritable and somewhat depressed. My personal opinion; we (aas users) need to look at what we are taking in regards to hormones as a contributing fator to our moods and mental state. Those swings in emotions are part of the game and are better delt with without adding another sustance on top of what we are using. For me I deal by focusing on the fact tht I know what is causing the feelings so I'm able not to let them consume me. Sometimes it's still difficult to be patient with others.
Does your GF know about your use?

Yeah she doesnt like my steroid use but knows about it. I have been on Prozac for Anxiety and Depression since i was 15. Im 28 now.

Renew, ur on sleep meds? Ur not clean according to na...lol! Glad to see u still giving ur time to help people.

Listen to what he says about Ambien! True..

Yeah she doesnt like my steroid use but knows about it. I have been on Prozac for Anxiety and Depression since i was 15. Im 28 now.

I was on Welbutrin from late 20s to early 40s. I'm sure that if Prozac had been available when I was 15 I would have been put on it. (In case you hadn't heard, I'm old :eek: I just found out 46 was old myself :cool:) I learned how to self medicate at a young age instead. However since I've learned how to live life on life's terms I don't struggle with depression.

My girl knows and is OK with my use. Not crazy about it but doesn't ask a lot of questions, thanksfuly! We have a very good relationship and I try my best to put a smile on her face any chance I get. If we had problems, like me being an ass, she probably wouldn't be be against it.

So whats up with the counselling?? Like I said I think it's a good idea. Just don't mention the aas right off the bat. Wait a couple of sessions, other wise all the issues may be blamed on that.

Me and my girlfriend both had depression and anxiety issues way before we met each other. We have been together for almost a year and a half now with lots of ups and down. She primarily has very low self esteem and severe anger. I on the other hand get depressed and feel lots of anxiety. She was overweight growing up and even though she is really attractive now she constantly says things like "I feel fat in this dress" etc.

Also she had a tendency to try to get attention from random men because i think somehow that makes her "Feel" beautiful. Obviously im not going to tolerate it very well if my woman is talking to some guy behind my back and giving him the impression that she is single. We went to the psychiatrist today and he gave both of us 40 mgs of prozac a day. He also prescribed me one ambien a day because of my restlessness.

What i didnt like was he that seemed only interested in writing prescriptions rather than listening to our problems. He refferred us to be a couples therapy person for that. How exactly does that work? Im assuming thats more of the sit on a couch and talk about your issues kind of thing? How did it work for most of you who tried that.

Thats psychiatry. Thats what they get paid for. They cant afford to sit and listen to your problems and analyze them. If you want that you need to go to a psychologist. You should combine both medical therapy from the psychiatrist and behavioral therapy from the psychologist for the best result. for most people money dont allow this. :)

I see triathloncoahc, got to it before me.

So whats up with the counselling?? Like I said I think it's a good idea. Just don't mention the aas right off the bat. Wait a couple of sessions, other wise all the issues may be blamed on that.

I have my first session with the therapist on the 1st of next month. Luckily my health insurance gives 4 completely free session every year and after that they pay for 80 percent of it. I didnt mention the steroid or GH use to the psychiatrist and most likely wont tell the therapist about it either. I was already fucked up in the head way before i touched any anabolic drugs.

I am going to go off the board here and say ...drop her..... there are 3.6 billion women on this planet...don't you have enough self esteem that you can go out and find another?????? go find a girl you can trust ..one that doesn't flirt with other men for attention ..one that has self esteem ...yes I know that is asking a lot ...but the world is full of horrible women .,,,and wonderful women ...go find one that you can love...you go to therapy to save a marriage..not a 1 1/2 year girl friend

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonyfits
NapsGear