over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

CPAP - bloating and gastric problems

luki7788

Registered
Newbies
I wonder if people using CPAP have ever had problems with bloating and gastric problems from using it - it seems to me that my machine is wrongly set and gives me too much air flow which gets in excess into the stomach and intestines.

Has anyone else had a similar problem and if so how did you deal with it?

I wonder if people using CPAP have ever had problems with bloating and gastric problems from using it - it seems to me that my machine is wrongly set and gives me too much air flow which gets in excess into the stomach and intestines.

I deal with the same thing but is worse if I'm breathing with my mouth open or if I lie on my back (which for some reason my mouth opens more than if lying on my side)

I did at first but it was because of a faulty machine that was supposed to self regulate.
New machine stopped it , since I've lost weight I don't need it anymore unless I get a stuffy nose (I have a mouth/nose mask)
I know "losing weight" isn't an option for bodybuilders

If your machine is adjustable then I'd tinker with backing it off a little and see if that helps

What machine do you have ? i had the issue to begin with but i found out how to adjust pressure etc

It’s called aerophagia and is common when someone uses cpap. Your pressures need to be evaluated better. However if you need really high setting, which you may, cause of your size, then it may not be completely avoidable.

Try charcoal tabs and simethicone tabs in the day to decrease the gassiness.

Do you use the mouth/nose mask or just the nasal pillows?

It’s called aerophagia and is common when someone uses cpap. Your pressures need to be evaluated better. However if you need really high setting, which you may, cause of your size, then it may not be completely avoidable.

Try charcoal tabs and simethicone tabs in the day to decrease the gassiness.
I've read about it and I'm pretty sure this is my problem.
Everything was ok until I slept in the mask for about 4 hours (I couldn't do more) but for some time I have been able to sleep in it all night, i.e. 7-8 hours, and since then the problem with bloating and gas began. Symethicon and charcoal unfortunately doesn't help

I had the same problem last spring and it was due to my air pressure being too high.

I have the same issues. Bloating, sometimes to the point of pain, and heavy burps (like I can win a contest no problem) first half of night and then the air moves lower and gas 2nd half. Pressures are very high (nearly maxes my cpap/bi pap) and I use a full face mask with it basically ratcheted to my face. Considering looking into that implant as well.

I have a Resmed Airsense 10. I use an F&P Full Face. Happy to share any info you want. It's a major issue for me but less than not using the CPAP. I average 1 event per hour now. I was over 40-50 before. Blood O2 would drop super low.

I have the same issues. Bloating, sometimes to the point of pain, and heavy burps (like I can win a contest no problem) first half of night and then the air moves lower and gas 2nd half. Pressures are very high (nearly maxes my cpap/bi pap) and I use a full face mask with it basically ratcheted to my face. Considering looking into that implant as well.

I have a Resmed Airsense 10. I use an F&P Full Face. Happy to share any info you want. It's a major issue for me but less than not using the CPAP. I average 1 event per hour now. I was over 40-50 before. Blood O2 would drop super low.
What pressure settings do you use?

What pressure settings do you use?

Bi Pap Resmed Air Curve 10 set on Vauto. 22.6 max and 16.6min currently. I've been trying to bring it down to see where I start to get impaired by events (also been dropping bodyweight for a while so hard to tell which is which). Was 24 max before. 25 tops out machine.

Since I've brought it down slightly I don't have the bloat/gas issues. Though I do miss those mega burps occasionally. Lol

I use this full face mask in a medium:

As said already, your pressure is too high, try adjusting it down. I have the same machine and my pressure is 4.00 with a humidity of 5. I think the default is 4.00.

It states 4.00-20.00 when I turn it on.

These pressures all sound very high. I averaged 67 events an hour before the machine. Now .3 with it at 6.5 psi. I have the face/nose mask. I had gas in the morning maybe a handful of times over the year. No noticeable bloat.

I still get heavy events at lower pressures. Just doesn't do what it needs to go (it's structural for me not just added muscle). I try to find the sweet spot where pressure is low(for me) and I average 2-3 events or under. It still is at top end of machine. Doctor and sleep lab set it here on their multiple in house sleep studies as well so I just tweak and gather data.

You could put your CPAP in static pressure mode. Find out what your average pressure is throughout the night. Set the CPAP
to that exact pressure. If you still have bloating then lower the pressure a little and try that.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear