over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Critique my cycle diet

BostonFan

Registered
This is the diet I plan on running during my first cycle that I start on the 1st. Current maintenance calories are right around 3000. I'll be shooting for 3500-3600 during my cycle

Meal #1
8 whites, 2 yolks
1 cup oats

Meal #2
6oz chicken breast
1 cup rice

Meal #3
8oz lean beef
1 cup whole grain pasta

Meal #4
6oz chicken breast
1 cup rice

(pre-workout shake)

Meal #5
2 scoops whey in 12oz 2% milk
1 cup oats

Meal #6
8oz lean beef or ground turkey
1 cup black beans

Last edited:
Bro, I'm not sure that there are 225-250 g's carbs here. What's your goal for these next 14 weeks?

Bro, I'm not sure that there are 225-250 g's carbs here. What's your goal for these next 14 weeks?

You're right. I'm missing another carb meal somewhere, I'll check my spreadsheet at home later. I did this one off of memory but I have a full spreadsheet at home with exact macros.

Goal is to add as much lean mass as possible. I'm hoping since it's a first cycle I can gain 15-20 solid lbs of muscle. I'm guessing I'll probably gain 1-5lbs of fat but of course I'll be trying not to.

ahh ok I gotcha. The diet looks pretty decent. I guess it is somewhat dependent on your current stats. Is your current diet similar to this one just slightly smaller portions, or is it varying quite widely from day to day as far as where your getting the calories? You should see some good results with that Test I bet your excited to get going huh

Clean bulk? I wouldn't recommned that diet. It is not balanced at all. 2% mlik? All carbs are sugar, bad choice for carbs.

Clean bulk? I wouldn't recommned that diet. It is not balanced at all. 2% mlik? All carbs are sugar, bad choice for carbs.

Since when does rice contain sugar? If your concern is the somewhat high GI of the rice, then it's really irrelevant. The GI of a food is measured when only that food is ingested. When you combine the fat, protein and carb from other food sources in a whole meal the GI is entirely different. Generally, the fat and protein will slow gastric emptying causing a much lower, slower rise in insulin and blood glucose. For example, a meal of beef, broccoli and rice cakes wouldn't illicit a very quick or large insulin response due to the fiber from the broccoli and the fat/protein in the beef, despite the fact that the GI of rice cakes is very high.

ahh ok I gotcha. The diet looks pretty decent. I guess it is somewhat dependent on your current stats. Is your current diet similar to this one just slightly smaller portions, or is it varying quite widely from day to day as far as where your getting the calories? You should see some good results with that Test I bet your excited to get going huh

Yup pretty much eat the same now but smaller portions.

Can't wait to start my cycle.

What would you recommend?

What's wrong with 2% milk? Fat free tastes like ass and so does whole milk.

White rice, brown rice and black beans are all sugar? I'll also probably be subbing sweet potatoes on some days.

What would you recommend?

What's wrong with 2% milk? Fat free tastes like ass and so does whole milk.

White rice, brown rice and black beans are all sugar? I'll also probably be subbing sweet potatoes on some days.

I think pesty doesn't like the 2% milk because skim has less fat, and the sugar content in milk is high.

Since when does rice contain sugar? If your concern is the somewhat high GI of the rice, then it's really irrelevant. The GI of a food is measured when only that food is ingested. When you combine the fat, protein and carb from other food sources in a whole meal the GI is entirely different. Generally, the fat and protein will slow gastric emptying causing a much lower, slower rise in insulin and blood glucose. For example, a meal of beef, broccoli and rice cakes wouldn't illicit a very quick or large insulin response due to the fiber from the broccoli and the fat/protein in the beef, despite the fact that the GI of rice cakes is very high.

You probally need to read what I said better. I said milk all carbs are sugars, very bad choice for carbs. He is taking in 3 times a day. His meals are off balance, not good at all.

I think pesty doesn't like the 2% milk because skim has less fat, and the sugar content in milk is high.

I would never add milk to my diet to try to bulk and stay lean. Choosing mlik for carbs is bad choice, since it is all sugar. His diet is not balanced at all. I will give 1 example: My breakfast: 1 scoop of whey, 10 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1 oz almonds, 2 cups of oatmeal. Later in the day, I would add some vegtables in other meals. To the other poster, I have no problem with rice.

Just to clarify I don't have the milk in there for extra calories or anything. Just in there because whey tastes better in milk to me. I can easily ditch the milk and find another carb source

I edited my first post to reflect alterations to the diet that I was recommended. Let me know if it looks any better

It looks pretty similar to Jay Cutlers diet (at least what he posts on his website) except he is doing 12 oz of meat. If it works for him it should work for the rest of us right? Hah

This is the diet I plan on running during my first cycle that I start on the 1st. Current maintenance calories are right around 3000. I'll be shooting for 3500-3600 during my cycle

Meal #1
8 whites, 2 yolks
1 cup oats

Meal #2
6oz chicken breast
1 cup rice

Meal #3
8oz lean beef
1 cup whole grain pasta

Meal #4
6oz chicken breast
1 cup rice

(pre-workout shake)

Meal #5
2 scoops whey in 12oz 2% milk
1 cup oats

Meal #6
8oz lean beef or ground turkey
1 cup black beans

I like this alot better. The only thing I would change is switch meal 5 and 6 around, use 2 scoops of casin before bed and 1 oz almonds, no milk, no oatmeal. Add 1 more cup of oatmeal to meal 1. You could add a salad in somewhere with olive oil and vinegar.

I pretty much started this diet yesterday, just in smaller portions to reach my maintenance calories for now but wanted to get used to the food.

So yesterday I ate the following:

meal #1 6:45
4 eggs
1 scoop protein

meal #2 9:30
5oz tri-trip
3oz brown rice

meal #3 12:45
6oz lean ground beef
4oz white rice

(no pre-WO shake, forgot protein to bring to work)

meal #4 (PWO) 6:00
2 scoops whey in 12 oz milk

meal #5 8:00
8oz lean ground turkey
4oz black beans

This morning I had

6:45
5 egg whites, 1 yolk
4oz oats

Then at 9:30 I'll be eating 6oz chicken breast w/4oz white rice

you can pick up a pre made bottle of muscle milk at any gas station.....talk about convenient!

The reason I forgot it is because I keep a container full of about 8-10 scoops of whey and an extra scooper at work but I forgot to bring it home to refill it. Brought it back today though.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131