mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dante,Stewie, Emeric, I figured out what caused it..

Sterling post mate

quick question so taking a baby aspirin 75 mg a day would be ok with LE super K with K2 complex ? baby aspirin is not like a proper precription oral anticoagulant drug like Warfarin. As you know well it does prevent the happening of clot formation. This is what I do anyway. Thanks
I personally take a baby aspirin and LE's K2 complex. I see no issue with the two assuming no other conditions or stomach ulcer issues, etc.

Me personally

Now after almost dying from my clot I am on Warfarin for life (Coumadin). I take 6mg/day and keep my INR between 2 and 3. If you eat a very consistent diet, which most bodybuilders do, then keeping the INR at that safe level is not too hard to do. Taking antibiotics will raise the level and lead to too much anticoagulation so you have to lower the dose or skip a day or so to keep it down. If I drink too much alcohol the level will creep up too. Ive been on it now for nearly 8 years and not had any bad issues. For me it is a life long treatment now.

OK well...

Thanks again to everyone who contributed,.... so i guess i posted this on Sat and then went to my girls for the wknd and was pretty happy that i figured out what was most likely the cause or at least a contributing factor, now im not so sure :(..... (i did read somewhere that you should NOT take any Vit K unless ordered to by Dr.).... Dante and the rest have made good points though, I do have sky high Chol! (342 last year) and a bad lipid profile, i did make some changes to diet and supps after that and added Citrus Bergamot and some other CHOL lowering stuff for the next few months after that, so i guess it is about time i go get it rechecked so im gonna do that tomorrow morning, i dont know what caused the bad lipids but i have more of my moms genetics and she has had high Chol even on a decent diet and a glass of wine everyday for the last 20 years.... DANTE thank you for all those links, i have some reading to do and i like that. Do you think i should take a baby aspirin each night before bed ?... I still love learning and reading so any more suggestions are welcome.:headbang:

Last edited:
Thanks again to everyone who contributed,.... so i guess i posted this on Sat and then went to my girls for the wknd and was pretty happy that i figured out what was most likely the cause or at least a contributing factor, now im not so sure :(..... (i did read somewhere that you should NOT take any Vit K unless ordered to by Dr.).... Dante and the rest have made good points though, I do have sky high Chol! (342 last year) and a bad lipid profile, i did make some changes to diet and supps after that and added Citrus Bergamot and some other CHOL lowering stuff for the next few months after that, so i guess it is about time i go get it rechecked so im gonna do that tomorrow morning, i dont know what caused the bad lipids but i have more of my moms genetics and she has had high Chol even on a decent diet and a glass of wine everyday for the last 20 years.... DANTE thank you for all those links, i have some reading to do and i like that. Do you think i should take a baby aspirin each night before bed ?... I still love learning and reading so any more suggestions are welcome.:headbang:

Have you ever had a VAP cholesterol panel test? It's recently been discontinued sadly, but I would be curious to know whether you had A or B particles and what the other results told you. I believe there may still be a way to get individual tests from the VAP but it would be helpful to see previous results of yours when you had sky high cholesterol (which in isolation, doesn't say much but it is a very high number so it makes you wonder why that is).

My fiancé is Veterinarian and she told me that when dogs and cats have internal bleeding (due to rat poison etc..) they give them Vit K to stop the bleeding….
Not sure if it works in humans same as animals..

My fiancé is Veterinarian and she told me that when dogs and cats have internal bleeding (due to rat poison etc..) they give them Vit K to stop the bleeding….
Not sure if it works in humans same as animals..

It is the antidote for Warfarin.

This thread prompted a great discussion! Thank you Stewie, Dante and all of those that contributed. This is the type of discussion that makes PM such an informative and solid board!!

Don't be too hard on Thor, he was just looking for an answer...now he knows. I don't ever want anyone to be discouraged from asking a question, especially one that relates to the health and well being of everyone!

Damn. This is what's up.

PWood

Im going tomorow...

Have you ever had a VAP cholesterol panel test? It's recently been discontinued sadly, but I would be curious to know whether you had A or B particles and what the other results told you. I believe there may still be a way to get individual tests from the VAP but it would be helpful to see previous results of yours when you had sky high cholesterol (which in isolation, doesn't say much but it is a very high number so it makes you wonder why that is).

but i have to give blood first and then see the doc for my follow up, so i will ask what tests he ordered

Maldorf...

It is the antidote for Warfarin.

but thats just it, if Warfarin thins your blood (or Xarelto which im on) then Vit K makes it thicker and more likely to clot which i DONT want.

but thats just it, if Warfarin thins your blood (or Xarelto which im on) then Vit K makes it thicker and more likely to clot which i DONT want.

thats not how it works bro. Vit K is needed in the cascade thus inhib it and its all fucked up and you dont clot appropriately. taking vit k doesnt cause you to clot.

thats not how it works bro. Vit K is needed in the cascade thus inhib it and its all fucked up and you dont clot appropriately. taking vit k doesnt cause you to clot.

oh ok , it just seems weird that approx. 45 days after i started on the Vit K complex this happened.:confused:

I am getting blood work done tomorrow, as soon as i get the results ill post them, im pretty sure he ordered a full lipid profile... also as Bio stated i am just trying to figure out what caused this and maybe help anyone else along the way or in the future with this issue

Last edited:
I am getting blood work done tomorrow, as soon as i get the results ill post them, im pretty sure he ordered a full lipid profile... also as Bio stated i am just trying to figure out what caused this and maybe help anyone else along the way or in the future with this issue

Maybe I missed it but did u tell us where the clot was?? Sorta makes a big differences for the diff.

Maybe I missed it but did u tell us where the clot was?? Sorta makes a big differences for the diff.

If I recall, it was located in his left subclavian?

Thor. Has any physician told you that you have either high homocysteine levels, protein C or S deficiency or factor 5 Leiden? Or has made mention of any clotting disorders?

As for your hypercholesterolemia, this is an associated risk factor for thrombosis as it is. Now, I'm not saying this is the direct cause just letting you know that there is an independent risk factor with hypercholesterolemia.

Are you or have you been on any thyroid hormones, T3 or T4?

Last edited:
If I recall, it was located in his left subclavian?

Hmm if so I'll still go with my initial thought of effort thrombosis/Paget. (I'm not gonna try to spell it this time lol). That with the stuff ur taking and high estrogen maybe jacking up some clotting factors. But if that happened to me if be checked for the stuff stewie mentioned and I'd personally get an mra mrv or cta ctv tailored for it.

Thor. Has any physician told you that you have either high homocysteine levels, protein C or S deficiency or factor 5 Leiden? Or has made mention of any clotting disorders?

As for your hypercholesterolemia, this is an associated risk factor for thrombosis as it is. Now, I'm not saying this is the direct cause just letting you know that there is an independent risk factor with hypercholesterolemia.

Are you or have you been on any thyroid hormones, T3 or T4?
I've been taking Armour thyroid (not prescribed) for a long while, probably a couple years straight, lol. It's a t3/t4 combo (much higher in t4). I like to stay pretty lean year round. I probably need to come off it though. It's a low dose, roughly equivalent to 25mcg or less of pure T3. So I have been able to easily gain and hold muscle on this dose. How bad is this for coagulation factors? Any other possible peripheral detriments?

I've been taking Armour thyroid (not prescribed) for a long while, probably a couple years straight, lol. It's a t3/t4 combo (much higher in t4). I like to stay pretty lean year round. I probably need to come off it though. It's a low dose, roughly equivalent to 25mcg or less of pure T3. So I have been able to easily gain and hold muscle on this dose. How bad is this for coagulation factors? Any other possible peripheral detriments?

I can't answer this with absolute to say that you'll develop or throw a clot. There is data indicating that both hypo and hyperthyroidism are correlated too thrombotic events. The primary mechanism is believed to be through the fibrinolytic system.

For the most part it's rare that one would develop thrombosis in isolation with either of the aforementioned-hypo/hyper. Given that, if in the event, hypothetically speaking one was to develop a autoimmune disease, this could trigger one's clotting cascade to envoke thromboembolism. Or any other etiology to trigger one's clotting cascade.

My best suggestion would be not to induce a hyperthyroidism state. Stay in a good, optimal physologigcal range with your thyroid parameters.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Cptinsomnia
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity