over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DC Lower-Body Question

Entity

Registered
Ok...I hope this quesition goes better than the last lol.

On the upper body day youre supposed to do an exercise for back width and one for back thickness, the one for back thickness being something like Deadlifts, Bent Barbell Rows, right?
Bent rows with RP or deadlifts in general give my lower back a serious workout and I find that it is still sore on the lower body day when I squat. I also do reverse hypers or a make-shift glute-ham raise for the hams with RP which also involves my lower back.
That last thing I need riggth now is a back injury and I can feel the soreness in my spine when I sleep.
Would it be ok to avoid exercises that hit the lower back alot on the upper-body day and train the lower back on the lower-body day by adding in some posterior chain exercises like deads, heavy good-mornings, and as I mentioned GHR's and rev. hypers?

So the lower-body day would look something like this for each of the 3 exercise groupings:

1) Squat (straight sets), leg press (RP), or Leg ext. (RP)
2) Deadlifts (straight sets), Good-Mornings (straight sets), Weighed hyperextention (RP)
3) Rev. hyper (RP), leg curls (RP), or GHR (RP)
4) some calve work (RP)
5) Bi's and Grip work (both RP)
6) Traps (RP)

The upper-body day would be just as written except I would lean towards back-thickness exercises that dont involve the lower back as much. I would still do bent-over rows on one of the 3 upper-body days but arrange it so that the following lower-body day would be easier on the lower back (perhaps the one with leg extension instead of squats).
Keep in mind that I do not really care about leg development in the bodybuilder sense (my legs are big enough...I ran out of pants that fit lol).
What I want out of my lower-body training is to build a ridiculous squat and deadlift.

Entity, this will go over much better than the last one for sure.

Ok, there are no r/p for legs except Leg Curls, no r/p for Back Thickness, we do only straight sets. Squats if you are a hard gainer, then we would go with a heavy set of free Squats 12 reps, then a heavier set of 8, then we go to the Smythe for a 20 repper at a lighter weight. Most straight sets on everything else would be 12-15 reps total for the workset. If you do r/p for Back Thickness you are setting yourself up for injury, you can not do these in that way form will not be kept and injury can occur.

Here is how the workout breaks down real simple:

Workout #1 chest/tri/shoulder/back width/back thickness

Workout #2 bi/forearm/calf/ham/quad

We go MWFM or TThSaT routines, always two days off in a row once per week...

No RP for back thinkness??!! Well that changes alot.
Man, last night I did weighed chins RP, followed by dumbell rows with the 150's for 12 then 8 then 8 again also RP...that was IN-FUCKEN-SANE! My whole body was totally annialated afterwards....then I did tri's.
-Thanks for the info, its kinda bitter-sweet knowing I dont have to go though that again.

Entity, Nice job on the Chins, yes those you do r/p, we do all Back Width r/p.

Just love the pain on these workouts, its almost better than sex, I said almost, lol...

Entity, Make it a little tougher, go with chest/tri/shoulder/back width/thickness...

In-Human said:
Entity, this will go over much better than the last one for sure.

Ok, there are no r/p for legs except Leg Curls, no r/p for Back Thickness, we do only straight sets. Squats if you are a hard gainer, then we would go with a heavy set of free Squats 12 reps, then a heavier set of 8, then we go to the Smythe for a 20 repper at a lighter weight. Most straight sets on everything else would be 12-15 reps total for the workset. If you do r/p for Back Thickness you are setting yourself up for injury, you can not do these in that way form will not be kept and injury can occur.

Here is how the workout breaks down real simple:

Workout #1 chest/tri/shoulder/back width/back thickness

Workout #2 bi/forearm/calf/ham/quad

We go MWFM or TThSaT routines, always two days off in a row once per week...

In-Human: Are those 12 rep and 8 rep sets to failure or still considered part of the warm-up sets?

mainevent, Those two sets are considered your workset, DC and I discussed my Quads and we decided to do two heavy sets for quads.

He has some trainees going with one heavy workset of 8-12 reps, and some guys do a heavy set of 20 reps, so it is an individual thing here depending on if you have stubborn Quads or easy growers.

If I feel very good that day on leg day and my lower back is fine, I will go with a heavy workset of 12, then a heavier workset of 8, then move to the Smythe for a little lighter workset of 20 reps...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws