over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Death in Gym

Pekkerwood

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Should be added to the "Weirdest thing I've seen in the gym" thread. I work out at a gym more commonly referred to as an "athletic club" with swim, tennis, squash, etc, dues over $100 per month. You get the idea, "not a hard core paradise". I have seen a fellow have a heart attack and die there a few years ago, but this was vastly different.

On Valentines day at 6:30 pm I hear what can only be described as an explosion. I was on recumbant bike shielded from the basketball court by a partition/wall. I said out loud "somebody is dead". I got off the bike and ran around the partition.

Laid out on the court with his head on the foul line, body perfectly placed in the middle of the lane with his face up, his legs together with toes pointed up, his arms out beside him bent at the elbow in the "stick'em up" position" is a guy about 6'5, 350 lbs, in gym shorts and tee shirt.

He had jumped from the third level running track, about 45 feet, onto the basketball court and landed just as he was laid out. It was an incredible sound. Several people viewed both the fall and the landing. He never moved although his heart was beating when he left. He died in intensive care the following day.

The gym was crowded, people were being "toured" to join etc.

That, my friends, was the weirdest thing I ever hope to witness in the gym.

Pekkerwood

Holy Shit! that is very weird.

Wait...he just jumped down 45 feet on purpose? Was he trying to commit suicide?

Appears he jumped

First of all, even though I was there, I did not see him jump, however, there were two eyewitnesses who said he jumped. I did not speak to them, I do know the lead detective (weightlifter), but have not talked to him yet. He cleared the backboard and goal, two levels below him to hit the floor. It was about 45 feet and because of his size sounded horrific. I think he hit flush, not crumbled. If you didn't know he jumped, you would have thought he just fell over backwards and passed out. Nothing mangled other than the back of his head. One eye had also exploded.

Needless to say, I stayed in for Valentines and cancelled my reservations, not much in a celebrating mood.

Jeff

IN addition

I don't think he could have cleared the backboard and goal and made it all the way to the foul line without pushing off pretty hard. The goal and backboard are on supports that protrude from the wall a few feet and the foul line is 15 feet from the goal, and that is where his head was.

What a strange place to pick to kill yourself.

Hey as a gym owner myself I can't imagine anything more horrible. It does sound like he was intent on committing suicide. But why the gym? If he thought he was superman or spiderman and jumped to see if he could make it, well I guess he was wrong. Even if he tried to calculate his landing he prolly would have shoved both femurs up into his body cavity anyway. I have heard of a young man in a town not far from here who came into the local gym, was a very fit and athletic individual. It was a hot summer day but the gym had a/c. He got on a rowing machine and started. within 1 minute he dropped over dead. massive heart failure all at once. Go figure, lots of speculation but coroner found nothing abnormal and blood toxicology came back fine.

Who knows what exactly happened. It is sad , to end your life in such circumstances. I feel sorry for the people that had to witness this tragedy. It is an real trauma.

Sounds to me like his "ex" was there and he was trying make a statement. Terrible.

Most suicides that take place in public are out of rage or to make a statement . 90% of the dipshits that swallow a bullet or slit their rist will do it somplace thats easly cleaned like the bathroom or kitchen , unless drugs or boose are involved that fog their thinking.

I find it od that he fell that far and landed on his back , unless he jumped backwards he wuld have had to do at least a 180 before he hit the ground and most jumpers that go from a low hight like that just dive off and do a face plant.

I've never seen anybody die in the gym but they were taking a guy out when I got their once , he died in the sauna of heart failure. I'm glad I waen't their when they found him or I would have had to do an ass load of paperwork , as it was I had to show up in court because the family tried to sue the club saying that the sauna was to hot and the timer could be set for to long , to bad that the guy signed a hold harmless aggreement to use those facilities.

Suicides piss me off as I see it as a sigh of lazyness and lack of drive , but what realy chaps my ass is the one that think they want to die so they swallow a bottle of OTC pills and when the get sick as shit they call 911 , I think that its just a call for attenetion or help. But you do get the good ones like a guy that sawed off his shot gun to about 10" barrel then sat in his ex-wifes BMW 745i and shot himself in the mouth that was pretty fucked up but it got his point accross!!!

HELLA SWOLE said:
Wait...he just jumped down 45 feet on purpose? Was he trying to commit suicide?

No he was trying to see if he had the special gift of flying ability :action-:m

Pus

Cancelled your valentines! What a worm, there will always be weak people out there, you cant let them effect you and your attitude! Grow a pair!

Some people are realy disturbed by seeing a dead body especialy if their was any kind of visable trauma. I have seen grown men break donw and cry when they relize the persona they are looking at is dead and all thats visable is a bloody nose.
I hate to say itbut it doesen't bother me at all anymore , kids still do but it generaly just pisses me off because they died from some other dumb asses fault , but bodies in general don't even some of the realy bad accidents or violent deaths.
I went to a call to check on an elderly neighbor that haden't been seen for some time , at getting their we could smell him from the street. His power had been shut off for a month and he had been dead for 15-20 days , this happened is south mississippi in late August !! Another call was guy that had died in his hot tub and been their for 4 days , it kinda boiled him to pieces. The smell is bad but going out to eat the Waffle house after each case was no big deal.

I hate for anybody that doesen't have to see a body see it but death is part of life and we have to accept it for what it is , you just gotta be able to not dwell on the matter and pass it along

I woulden't say your a puss but I damn sure would not have changed any plans unless maybe you new the guy.

I could be a Pus, not really sure...

I very well my be a pus but the incident lends no evidence to support you uninformed lableling. Seeing a person die in front of you. Viewing someone you know performing CPR, finishing, gagging out mouthfuls of blood on their hands and knees, seeing a mother crying horribly over her son when she arrived, going crazy, seeing the effect it had on the people I work out with on a daily basis. Well my friend, it doesn't make me a pus.

I may have very well made the same comments you did twenty years ago, so I don't fault you for your ignorance, you will grow out of it. Your view of what makes someone a pus and what does not will change dramatically as you mature. Defining that balls is walking away from a confrontation rather than provoking one will be one of the first signs that this maturity is casting itself upon you. Refraining from labeling and name calling will also be an early indicator that your own pair is in fact descending.

With this said, I respect your opinion, I believe I understand the thought processes that render it, and I admit, it can be funny at times to make such comments.

Good Luck to you in your endeavors

Good luck to you in all your endeavors

Pekkerwood said:
Should be added to the "Weirdest thing I've seen in the gym" thread. I work out at a gym more commonly referred to as an "athletic club" with swim, tennis, squash, etc, dues over $100 per month. You get the idea, "not a hard core paradise". I have seen a fellow have a heart attack and die there a few years ago, but this was vastly different.

On Valentines day at 6:30 pm I hear what can only be described as an explosion. I was on recumbant bike shielded from the basketball court by a partition/wall. I said out loud "somebody is dead". I got off the bike and ran around the partition.

Laid out on the court with his head on the foul line, body perfectly placed in the middle of the lane with his face up, his legs together with toes pointed up, his arms out beside him bent at the elbow in the "stick'em up" position" is a guy about 6'5, 350 lbs, in gym shorts and tee shirt.

He had jumped from the third level running track, about 45 feet, onto the basketball court and landed just as he was laid out. It was an incredible sound. Several people viewed both the fall and the landing. He never moved although his heart was beating when he left. He died in intensive care the following day.

The gym was crowded, people were being "toured" to join etc.

That, my friends, was the weirdest thing I ever hope to witness in the gym.

Pekkerwood

This is horrible news. Not a good day at the gym at all.

Pekkerwood said:
I very well my be a pus but the incident lends no evidence to support you uninformed lableling. Seeing a person die in front of you. Viewing someone you know performing CPR, finishing, gagging out mouthfuls of blood on their hands and knees, seeing a mother crying horribly over her son when she arrived, going crazy, seeing the effect it had on the people I work out with on a daily basis. Well my friend, it doesn't make me a pus.

I may have very well made the same comments you did twenty years ago, so I don't fault you for your ignorance, you will grow out of it. Your view of what makes someone a pus and what does not will change dramatically as you mature. Defining that balls is walking away from a confrontation rather than provoking one will be one of the first signs that this maturity is casting itself upon you. Refraining from labeling and name calling will also be an early indicator that your own pair is in fact descending.

With this said, I respect your opinion, I believe I understand the thought processes that render it, and I admit, it can be funny at times to make such comments.

Good Luck to you in your endeavors

Good luck to you in all your endeavors
Well said bro. Seeing people die in whatever the circumstance has a profound effect on a person. Unless you are cold blooded or just too yung to understand it is disturbing. My father was killed when I was fifteen. He was a fed. His funeral was massive, open casket the whole box and dice. Of course I was at the funeral. I did not want to go up to the casket and see my father lying there dead. It was not the last image I wanted to have of him. But too many other family members were wondering why I chose not to go up, so I did. Yes that image is etched in my mind now forever. Just as all the other images of dead people I have seen over the years is permanently scribed in my mind. I have seen people get killed in front of me on more than one occasion and it is very confronting. I cried when a teenage boy was struck by a speeding car right before my eyes in front of my house. Disturbing, you betcha, does this also make me a puss for mourning the loss of a life not yet lived, if so then so beit! Does this mean my cohones have yet to drop, I fucking doubt it!!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws