over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

diet for strenght?

Jimbo

FOUNDING Member
Registered
Latly ive gone away from bodybuilding and have gotton hooked on the 5x5 method. I love getting stronger from week to week. I was just wondering how you guys go about diet. Im trying to increase bodyweight now just always lbm.

I was just thinking of eating 4 very laege meal aday. what do you think

4 meals -
egg whites/ oatmeal
tuna/rice
chicken/broccoli
beef/almonds

and as many protein shakes that you can down in a day.

lots of carbs. eat like a bodybuilder in the off season. 1 gram of protein per pound of bw, 2-3 grams of carbs per pound of bw and a good amount of healthy fats. it's better to eat more meals a day if you can. 6 for me is best. if strength is your only goal and not looks, then you can eat more junk food ,but i think it's still better for powerlifters to eat clean.

so heres a sample for a 200lb powerlifter
protein=200 grams
carbs=600grams
fat=60 grams
3740 k(training days) lower carbs on non training days

this approach worked best for me for strength and not gaining much fat.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. Here is what ive been doing so far

meal 1
1/2 cup egg whites + 1 cup oatmeal
meal 2 1 cup oatmeal + 2 scoops whey
meal 3 1 piece salmon + 1 cup brown rice + 1 scoop whey
meal 4 2 scoops whey
meal 5 2 chicken breats + 1 cup veggies
meal 6 1 cup cottage chesses before bed.

I also have a cheat meal in there from time to time. Im just trying to add as mmuch strenght as possible. I dont care about size.

im lovin the 5x5 method. Been on it for a month and I have still have not had to preform a de-load yet.

im currently 6'7 244lbs. Not sure about b/f but I fit in size 36 jeans so im not to bad.

Thanks for the input. Here is what ive been doing so far

meal 1
1/2 cup egg whites + 1 cup oatmeal
meal 2 1 cup oatmeal + 2 scoops whey
meal 3 1 piece salmon + 1 cup brown rice + 1 scoop whey
meal 4 2 scoops whey
meal 5 2 chicken breats + 1 cup veggies
meal 6 1 cup cottage chesses before bed.

I also have a cheat meal in there from time to time. Im just trying to add as mmuch strenght as possible. I dont care about size.

im lovin the 5x5 method. Been on it for a month and I have still have not had to preform a de-load yet.

im currently 6'7 244lbs. Not sure about b/f but I fit in size 36 jeans so im not to bad.

if you're powerlifting you're gonna need more carbs. i know it "can" put on fat, but if i eat a lot of carbs in my last meal of the day, and then carb up before the gym i'm always strong as hell.

also i've gotten great results from sweet potatoes in my PWO meal after my shake. i usually do some sort of beef, sweet potatoes, and raw milk.

if it was me id oversimplify it.
id measure out my protien intake every day, and just eat anything else i wanted, were not talking big macks here but within reason.
and eat a ton of whatever it is you eat.
to keep bodyfat in check add more cardio.
actually...this is exactly what i do...lol...and honestly its been working great, size is going up and strength is through the roof. i dont see a need to over analize anything, simply make small adjustments to what you body is telling you it needs. for example this week i decided im not 100% happy with my bodyfat, after i posted my pic, so for a week or so ill use carb cut offs and see what the results are, and if im heppy the il keep doing it and if not ill make some adjustments, like maybe add 2 more sessions of cardio a week.

Thank you very much for all of your input. One thing I have noticed for sure. High carbs have = excellent enegry and strenght gains. i didnt like the fact the scale was moving up so quickly so I decided to add my 2nd favorite sport to the mix.

After i finish dinner I've added 45min to 1 hour of biking. Its been keeping the weight in check and I like the fact i can eat more.

Thanks all again.:st:r-wars

i think eating alot of food and doing some cardio is definately better than eating less and doing no cardio. ive found as long as i do cardio i can eat alot of food within reason and not gain weight. but what ive found works the best is carb cycling. super high carbs on priority days, moderate on normal days and lower carbs on non training days. i beleive carbs are definately the most anabolic of all the macro's, but also have the potential to make you gain to much weight if you always eat to much carbs. so eat them based on your training. also do carb cutoffs. based on your stats i would set it up like this.

protein- 250grams per day 40-42 grams 6/6 meals
carbs- high-500 grams 100 grams 5/6 meals(no carbs last meal)
- medium- 250 grams 50 grams 5/6 meals (no carbs last meal)
- low- 150 grams 36-38 grams 4/6 meals( no carbs last 2 meals)
fat- dont worry too much about total intake, try to limit saturated fats and get lots of mono unsaturated fats(peanuts, olive oil, peanut butter) also have some whole eggs every day + red meat for 1 meal a day and you should be good.
stick to this plan and do cardio as needed, along with your routine and you should be golden. it doesnt have to be exact this is a guide line. i used to powerlift and eat whatever i wanted i was 330lbs 26% bf strong but unhealthy. now im 220lbs 10%bf and pound for pound much stronger and healthier.

you got that right about carbs. I was eating them like a mad man and its true my weights were going up very fast but so is my weight. Now I cut my carbs by alot and im doing more carbio. Feelin better. just hoping this does not affect my lifts to much. I think I will just go high carb on training days.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131