over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

digital cameras

Squat Ass

Registered
whats the best digital camera? I've got a sony mavica and I've really enjoyed it. but it is really slow snapping off the pics and videos are choppy and dark. takes like 2 full seconds with flash so it's no good for most action shots. I want to get something above 4 megapixels that takes really good video. I want to be able to video lifts and put them on the net. any suggestions? I do alot of photography at contests and such so I'm looking to get something quality. under 500 hopefully.

thanks!

squatter

same here!

I need to get a good one for that reason too! I might get the one vander just got...its got great color and pics come out really clear. vander whats yurs called??

cameras

I am in the market for one as well, so about a week er so ago I emailed my step brother who is I figured knew quite a bit more about what to look for in digital cameras than I (he works in the IT fied and etc)...for what its werth below is his email copied and pasted with what he told me to look for:

"That sounds like some great specs for that kinda $. Basically, the higher the megapixels, the larger you can blow the pic up without distortion. If I remember right, a 2MP camera will provide a quality 8x10, a 3MP will provide a quality 10x12, etc, but you'd probably want to do an online search or call Star Photo to verify those numbers.

The digital zoom really isn't that big of a deal, because when you use it, it provides distortion. What you really pay for is the optical zoom. That's why you see alot of cheap cameras w/no optical zoom. I have 3 opt on my camera, and I wouldn't go with anything less. That doesn't zoom in very far, but it's adequate, and you can combine it with the digital at the same time if you don't mind some loss of quality. I've seen 10 optical zoom cameras out there that will let you count the hairs on a fly's back, but you'll pay alot.

The absolute FIRST thing that I'd check when buying a digital camera is what type of batteries it uses. If it doesn't take a type of battery that you can get as a rechargeable at your local Walmart, like AA or AAA, I'd run. These cameras eat batteries like you wouldn't believe, so you may as well figure about 6 batteries and a recharger into the total cost. (Cheapest place: Walmart.)

Also, you're gonna eventually need a memory card for the camera, as well as a memory card reader that plugs into your pc tower's USB port.

It all adds up, but sometimes you can get the readers at Staples/OfficeMax for free after rebates.

It's better to transfer/view the pics from a memory card w/reader because if you're ever viewing them directly from the camera to the tower, and your camera batteries run dead or your house loses power, you can wreck the pics AS WELL AS the camera. So it's kind of cheap insurance.

Plus, the amt of internal memory that they supply these cameras with won't hold many shots at the cameras highest settings."

this site is great http://www.dpreview.com/
-best online price compare
-customer reviews were helpfull for me too

there is alot of unbiased reviews online, check em out. BUT... even after shopping and reading for several hours I still haven't decided. I think I've narroed it down to these ones
these two seem to be the most popular top end small cameras
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

I'm leaning most towards this one because I think it has the best movie quality.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilms7000/

this one is cool too
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilmf700/

squatter

Look into the new Hewlett packert digi's....I just got one and it takes really good shots, and it was the cheapest one they have too, like $179....The one i have is pretty basic but i just need it for common pics.....But you should look at their more advanced ones.....Im sure their more expensive ones are great though.....video on this one is pretty good too...

hey

which is the camera that comes with that little printer you connect the cam to and it instantly prints out pics?? i want that one!

best brands for cameras = NIKON or CANNON without a doubt , sony doesnt specialize in cameras .

i got the Nikon coolpix 3200 great camera, and beleive me i like taking good pics LOL :D

thanks for the advise. I'll let you know what I go with.

squatter

REA said:
which is the camera that comes with that little printer you connect the cam to and it instantly prints out pics?? i want that one!

HP, Kodak, sony and canon all have one....Epson makes one too...I think all of them except the kodak one work with all types of cameras...I got the Hp one..its much more convenient than trying to print on a regulare printer thats for sure....

Vander_V said:
best brands for cameras = NIKON or CANNON without a doubt , sony doesnt specialize in cameras .

i got the Nikon coolpix 3200 great camera, and beleive me i like taking good pics LOL :D

I'm glad this thread came up, I was going to ask you what you had since I liked the quality. I'm tired of my 6 year old Olympus that shoots in 640x480. I had been looking at the Nikon coolpix camera but hadn't heard any feedback or seen photos.

I just ordered one today.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity