over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dips...?? Anyone swear by them?

Dips yes

Some people all they can do is Dips and Chin-ups in Jail and some look damn good.

For those of you that have given all of these a fair shake, how do you think dips compare to decline bench or decline db bench for chest development?

I swear by dips and pullups usually I use one as my warm-up every other day. If you cant move your own body weight what the hell good are you.

Dips kick ass. But can wreak havoc on your shoulders and elbows. I love to add a chain around my neck or to my belt and do weighted dips. Solid exercise.

exercises that move your body through space (pull ups, dips , tricep dips , push ups etc) will always provide superior results to say db bench.. especially when you add extra weight.

Simply one of the best exercises. Weighted dips are excellent for power and overall upper body growth. Almost equivalent to the bench press imo.

I also believe Gironda style dips are on the best chest exercises. Doing 8 sets of 8 reps of them, slow and with a pause at a bottom... Ouch the burn

Just wondering if many people use dips as a regular in their chest workout... I have avoided them since my shoulder injury years back. I lived on these in my younger years. I remember taking bathroom breaks in High school and cranking out a few sets of them from the tops of the bathroom stalls:headbang: .....then going back to class with my sleeves all rolled up and shit...lol They just seem to feel rough on my shoulders nowadays

I swear while doing them...:)

Mike Mentzer used to say dips are the upper body squat..... that's how highly he rated dips.

In terms of shoulder joint pressing exercises and their capability to build mass versus long term damage/benefit to the shoulder joint itself, it is the king of upper body pressing exercises.

Where else can you add unlimited weight... have the scapula moving freely... and have the hands/wrists neutral... and move through full range of motion... change your angle to target specific muscles.

I love chest dips. Coupled with incline/decline db press you have a great chest workout. Just make sure your form is spot on to really hit your chest to the max.

I love doing a set of chest dips then go straight into very wide grip hammer strength chest press with a light weight to really get a good pump. I do 3 sets of both and my chest is pumped to the max. Perform both slow and controlled.

I love chest dips. Coupled with incline/decline db press you have a great chest workout. Just make sure your form is spot on to really hit your chest to the max.

I love doing a set of chest dips then go straight into very wide grip hammer strength chest press with a light weight to really get a good pump. I do 3 sets of both and my chest is pumped to the max. Perform both slow and controlled.

Agree totally with this. Weighted Dips straight into wide grip bench gives me a hell of a pump!

Yeah like everyone says if you can do them without pain or injury they are a must an unequaled for both pecs and tris. However, the key is the injury part. I know many guys who do more damage than good by dipping.
Myself I do them occasionally.

Weighted dips are like buying tons of mortgages...they make you too big to fail. Har...Har...har...har...

dips are very very good exercise. they give specific shape to the muscle, hanging in the lower outer part. it also recruits a lot of fibres. do it with weight. if your shoulders hurt dont go all the way down.

Love em, dips are the only exercise I do for triceps... With the occasional close grip

I do dips almost every session. Same with chins....

Favorite chest/tricep exercise. Use a form that doesn't hurt you and strap on some weight. I was only doing dips this summer because I hurt my shoulder and couldn't bench. My pecs and tris actually grew.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws