over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dizzy spells and left leg ache and eye site off

I would suspect orthostatic hypotension from your description. Possibly from being dehydrated--> hypovolemia.

Possible electrolyte imbalance?

Hmmmm wondered that myself because had blood drawn and they said it seemed as tho i might be dehydrated which is odd, i add glycerol and lemon juice to all my water thru the day, so i thought perhaps i might be doing better

Then had bw done and they said my potassium was low again? As i did last summer when i had that horrible passing out event tied to a phlebotomy....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Past medical history

Recent blood work results

Family history

How long have you had these symptoms for?

Nearly impossible to say much without more information from behind a keyboard but someone mentioned some orthostatic hypotension...yea thats high up on my differential. Glad to see your seeing a cardiologist as you need to rule out badness. Someone also mentioned checking out your posterior circulation ( whoever said that is educated) but they wont jump directly do that. If they were concerned they would probably start with just a carotid duplex prior to ordering an MRA or CTA

Also your leg weakness. Is it while exercising? If so you could have some entrapment going on as well as some other things thats why I need more info.

Also if your having real eye issues you always go to a physician... not someone who can only give you glasses. Go ophtho.

Not much more I can say from behind a keyboard other then you miiiiight wanna get it checked out...juust maybe.

Sorry GOTGAME I JUST SAW THIS!!!.....

After this updte ill answer all ur questions.....

Went to optometrist i have a slight stigmatism's in both eyes!!! So it might explain a few things eh? Now have to get glasses which is really odd to me as ive always had 20/15 vision and couldnt even read that fuzzy blury 20/20 line haha

Cardiologist getting calcium score done do to having high cholesterol because i finally found one that doesn't push statins unless u have plaque or calcium build up! Awesome!

Calcium score came back at 0 as in zero..... Even with an ldl of 197 and a total score of 285.... He says no to statins.....

Past medical history

Recent blood work results

Family history

How long have you had these symptoms for?

Nearly impossible to say much without more information from behind a keyboard but someone mentioned some orthostatic hypotension...yea thats high up on my differential. Glad to see your seeing a cardiologist as you need to rule out badness. Someone also mentioned checking out your posterior circulation ( whoever said that is educated) but they wont jump directly do that. If they were concerned they would probably start with just a carotid duplex prior to ordering an MRA or CTA

Also your leg weakness. Is it while exercising? If so you could have some entrapment going on as well as some other things thats why I need more info.

Also if your having real eye issues you always go to a physician... not someone who can only give you glasses. Go ophtho.

Not much more I can say from behind a keyboard other then you miiiiight wanna get it checked out...juust maybe.

Alrighty let me address all this:

Past medical history:

Grandfather had high cholesterol and open heart surgery a few times and a few heart attacks..

Mother and sister both have thyroid issues as well as stigmatism's as i do now and just found out....(stigmatism's, but thyroid fluctuates for me)

Recent blood work? Had typical stuff drawn and all came back normal, not sure if specific bw is required?

Not a clue what a cartid duplex or mra or cta are?

I need to go get a brain scan for my neurologist like next week due to me hitting my head a year ago while at work.... Left side of temple hurts from time to time or when i chew food gets tight a lot....

I know i want to set up an app with an optho as well to rule out any other eye issues the optom did not see or find

Also was told to get checked for autoimmune disorders?

Leg weakness occurs when i walk up stairs i seem to get winded and legs seem tired very quickly..... Or strickly doing any activity that has exertion...maybe i need to up my work capacity?

Honestly havent worked legs since this past october....im not competing or striving to be a gigantic pl or bb so i havent been consistent over the past year!

Last edited:
You've had several phlebotomies over the last year if I'm not mistaken, no?

If so you should have a complete iron panel done, i.e, serum iron, TIBC, UIBC, ferritin, transferrin saturation %. Heavy/tired legs, easily winded as well as dizzy spells you've described falls into this category of iron deficiency. Something to consider speaking with your primary care provider about.

A carotid duplex is an ultrasound test that shows how well blood is flowing through the carotid arteries in your neck.

Should have mentioned that before . Now you need to look for adrenal, pancreatic, cerebellar and thyroid antibodies. I would run a cheap pregnancy test form the dollar store, as high HCG can be indicative of bad things too.

If headaches in the jaw or temple: Look in the mirror and see if you open and close your mouth straight up and down or if there's a deviation. If not giant cell arteritis is an open diagnosis, as is mini-epilepsy.

All these can be auto- immune, except TMJ. So the ANA blood is prob. the test they'll start with, and MRA. Then let us know.

You've had several phlebotomies over the last year if I'm not mistaken, no?

If so you should have a complete iron panel done, i.e, serum iron, TIBC, UIBC, ferritin, transferrin saturation %. Heavy/tired legs, easily winded as well as dizzy spells you've described falls into this category of iron deficiency. Something to consider speaking with your primary care provider about.

A carotid duplex is an ultrasound test that shows how well blood is flowing through the carotid arteries in your neck.

actually my hematologist kept pushing phlems on me and i kept telling her no because i did not believe it was polycythemia vera, as i was off trt of only 100 mlg per week for at least 4 months.... and my hematocrit was still around 52-53... yet she failed to check for any other possible reasons as to why my levels where high....

my primary care doc told me not to get a phlem as i also live at a higher altitude, and their reasoning made no sense.... plus their scale is freaking way low:

35-50 is the scale they go off of, so anytime im at say 50.5 im considered high to them and they want to suck blood right away...

sooo i requested a new hematologist and had a full iron panel pulled recently at my request because i took in a lot of literature about misdiagnoses of polycythemia and poly vera, to which they agreed it might be misdiagnosed...

i see him the 12th but will hopefully get my lab results today as i need them faxed to my primary cares office..

hmmm never had an artery check except on my heart today for a calcium score which is 0....

Should have mentioned that before . Now you need to look for adrenal, pancreatic, cerebellar and thyroid antibodies. I would run a cheap pregnancy test form the dollar store, as high HCG can be indicative of bad things too.

If headaches in the jaw or temple: Look in the mirror and see if you open and close your mouth straight up and down or if there's a deviation. If not giant cell arteritis is an open diagnosis, as is mini-epilepsy.

All these can be auto- immune, except TMJ. So the ANA blood is prob. the test they'll start with, and MRA. Then let us know.

hmmm ok, ill see what the docs will do,

i just sat and watched how i open and close my jaw, it looks normal to me? i will say ive always grinded my teeth and my lower teeth now sit further in like my jaw shuts more so than in the past, as my 2 upper center teeth have marks and indentations on the backsides of them where my lower teeth use to catch and hit when id open and close my mouth...now it seems as tho my jaw closes more than it use too...

ill try to get a doc to take a look at everything mentioned here in this thread, but its like pulling teeth so maybe perhaps my hematologist will?

never thought of mini-epilepsy? my brother had epilepsy growing up and had seizures all the time....to my knowledge ive never had one, adn the neurologist has done the test where i get all the diodes on my brain and then ran a bright ass white light at different stages and frequencies and said i was fine...

i will call today to do my brain scan next week for the neurologist

Last edited:
Shit, there's a nice diagnosis . . .Dr. House couldn't do better!

Epilepsy & Behavior Case Reports
Volume 2, 2014, Pages 26–30

Exercise-induced seizures and lateral asymmetry in patients with temporal lobe epilepsy ☆ ☆☆
Jordan T. Kamel, , Radwa A.B. Badawy, Mark J. Cook

Shit, there's a nice diagnosis . . .Dr. House couldn't do better!

Epilepsy & Behavior Case Reports

Volume 2, 2014, Pages 26–30

Exercise-induced seizures and lateral asymmetry in patients with temporal lobe epilepsy ☆ ☆☆

Jordan T. Kamel, , Radwa A.B. Badawy, Mark J. Cook

This is what my neurologist already tested me for with the bright lights at different frequencies and a brain thing hooked up to diodes all over my head and she said it came back negative.... She stated that IF i was having that issue my brain would have freaked out when the lights started and she had patients who would freak out and basically have small seizures when this test was preformed.... I was told i was g2g,

BUT SUNDAY GOT A BRAIN MRI FOR HER BEING DONE.....

Ok got my iron panel and this is what they pulled along with ranges:

Their ranges are crazy because even hematocrit was:

50.9 on a SCALE of 35-51???
WTF???

My old hematologist wante me to have a phlem ALL THE TIME!!! Really??? Y? SO I COULD GO ANEMIC??

Their scales they use for blood draws are the lowest ice ever seen....

Iron 141 scale of 50-150
(Seems a bit high even if it falls below the max)

Transferrin 296 scale 260-400

% iron saturation 34.1% scale 15.0-50.0

TIBC- 414 scale 255-450
(Seams a bit high)

Ferritin (dpc) 87 scale 5-365

Ok anyone have any comments please let me know?

This is what my neurologist already tested me for with the bright lights at different frequencies and a brain thing hooked up to diodes all over my head and she said it came back negative.... She stated that IF i was having that issue my brain would have freaked out when the lights started and she had patients who would freak out and basically have small seizures when this test was preformed.... I was told i was g2g,

An EEG is of value for diagnosing epilepsy only if it picks up patterns typical of epilepsy. If it doesn’t pick up the right patterns, you may still have epilepsy and ambulatory monitoring (longer term EEG) may be necessary.

Blood tests are performed to assess your general health and check such things as infections, anemia, and chemical imbalances. Youre not looking anemic . . .

Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) This is a noninvasive test that uses a magnetic field and radiofrequency waves to give a detailed view of your brain. It allows your doctor to view your brain 3-dimensionally in slices, as if it were sliced layer-by-layer like a loaf of bread with a picture taken of each slice. The pictures can be taken from the side or from the top as a cross-section. It may or may not be performed with a dye (contrast agent) injected into your blood stream. MRI is helpful to determine if a tumor, arteriovenous malformation, or genetic defect of the brain is causing your seizures.

Positron emission tomography (PET) and single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) scans allow the doctor to study the function of your brain by observing how glucose is metabolized in the brain. You are injected with a “tracer,” or small amount of radioactive substance attached to glucose, and a computer creates pictures of the brain. A scan taken while you are having a seizure typically demonstrates "hypermetabolism," or increased use of glucose. A scan taken when you are not having a seizure can show a specific area of "hypometabolism," or decreased use of glucose. These results may help show the location of focal areas of your brain that are not working properly or other differences that may correspond to EEG test results. Because SPECT equipment is more widely available and less expensive than PET, SPECT may be used instead of PET.

This is the best test for exercise induced epilepsy, IMO.

mayfieldclinic.com

Oh man i wish i could find a doc who would test everything we have discussed, i am not that lucky.... I will do my best to find a doc who is willing to help me get to the bottom of what is going on, but ive been looking for about 20 yrs to no avail.....

Wow there is a lot going on and i dont know what to comment on first lol So ill just leave it as this for now.

1. Please post your MRI results when you get it. I dont expect it to be an occlusive vascular event as your calcium score was 0 ( mine wasnt even that low lol) and your 5 year risk for an event is almost nothing. However without more information on your type of MRI ill assume its without contrast brain and that will show is the general patency of your vessels even without doing flow specific sequences.

2. Probably jumping the gun a lot when it comes to seizures. Most people your age IF they had seizures it would be from a mass, mesial temporal sclerosis, or congenital but if its just presenting now im gonna move away from congenital although not impossible. We can see almost all that stuff really well on MRI. Yea theres a million things on a differential but its pointless to list them.

3. Your concerned for autoimmune. Thats fine and its on the differential but lets say its something like MS we have a really good chance of seeing that on the MRI. If your concerned in general you can easily have your physician do a general test like ESR or CRP. Not specific but decently sensitive. With the limited history you have and symptoms I would not start ordering every test.

4. Someone mentioned GCA. I like it. Still a little young but not impossible. The ESR and CRP will help with that.

5. Your legs. I dunno. If on exertion but your calcium score was low im less likely to think occlusive. Could be either nervous system related but if its the same leg all the time it may also be an entrapment like maybe your peroneal getting squished by medial head of gastroc or something. Not sure. Or you need to get in better shape :)

Ill check back in after you post up the MRI results as we are all just guessing without more info. When you see your PMD they shouldnt have an issue adding the ESR and CRP. Its good to get done once in a while for fun.

Please note: What i posted above is NOT OFFICIAL MEDICAL ADVICE. Im just rambling on while eating some dinner and replying to emails. Its a general discussion and not complete in any way. Yes i left things out and yes I made generalizations.

GOTGAME,

Ill post the results once i get them.... The one thing that may or may not be of any concern could be my back as well? I have a numb spot in about the middle of my spine on the left side that i cannot feel anything when stabbed (doctor proved it) or even touched.... On the opposite side of the numb spot i have a cyst that sticks out of my back a little, one day while wrestling with the kids they kneed me right where that cyst was and im not sure how long after that, that all this stuff started? NOT sure IF that could have anything whatsoever to do with anything going on? Or the fact that my ears dont seem to pop anymore and its hard to clear them like they are all stuffed up? Just a bit more to add to the pie

Im also gonna go to the chiropractor and get my neck and back adjusted .... Not sure if perhaps i do have an impingement that may help a bit?

Ill ask my doc(s) about getting the ESR and CRP.... What are they? And what is a GCA?

Im just a dude that knows nothing about medical anything haha

So IF ANYONE KNOWS A GREAT DOC IN CALI LET ME KNOW? I need to find someone who wont try every possible angle to see whats wrong w me

Sent from my i pi using Tapatrash....

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion, it would be great if u could explain Y u suggest that?

Also i said it was an optometrist but i need to confirm with my neighbor who made me the app..... It very well could be an optha?

An ophthalmologist is an MD/DO that went through medical school and residency before becoming a liscenced physician. An optometrist is not. For true medical advice, as opposed to just vision screening, I'd suggest a physician.

Just my 2c,
-hungry

An ophthalmologist is an MD/DO that went through medical school and residency before becoming a liscenced physician. An optometrist is not. For true medical advice, as opposed to just vision screening, I'd suggest a physician.

Just my 2c,
-hungry

ok, makes total sense, i will tell you i took a vision test..... my eye sight use to be 20/15 and when i went in i could not even read either of the lines marked for 20/20 vision, they were pretty damn blurry so i have a stigmatism in each eye now, and require glasses, BUT i still might make an app with an optho because i want to rule out any tumors or cysts, as one of my buddies at work was getting the same symptoms iam and he ended up having a tumor pressing on his octal nerve or something like that...

Sorry for a few months late update:

Mri of brain was fine, is what i was told.... I swear i cant find a gooddoc to help me with this stuff (unless i just found one ;)

Any ways im at the freakin er AGAIN!

Dizzy spells again, almost passed out about 3 times this past week,

Shooting pain grom my left calf up thru my groin, hurts to walk, and my local "er" is nothing but a damn triage center, so im gonna have to go over the hill and hope and pray to god that the docs over there will run some of the tests described here that u smart med people have told me about, just wish i could find a local doc who actually cared to make sure his patients were taken care of instead of the ones i deal with in person

Definitely find a suitable doctor, and fill him in on everything.

But in the mean time, you must stop every drug that isn't directly from a pharmacy, even limit those to a minimum. Cut every other supplement + vitamin & herb out completely..
Eat clean, and drink atleast 4 litres of water per day..

Then and only then do you have a place to begin working through this.

Otherwise you'll waste your own time and the doctors time guessing what it might be. Could even be something as simple as a filler used in a tablet you're taking or similar because everyone is different.

I'd bet when your system cleans out, the problems will subside but don't delay getting to a doctor while you wait as some of your symptoms are warning signs for sure.

try finding an organic source for your oats

drink bottled water instead of from the tap

cut milk

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads