over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

do you train at home or a gym?

I do both

Weight training at the gym, more equipment, nice atmosphere, plenty of girls walking around for extra motivation, lol

I do cardio at home and some small circuit stuff for weak point training. I have a decent set-up with a squat rack, some DB's, adjustable bench, heavy bag and a spin bike.

I think a lot of it has to do with marital status, and/or kids. Single guys are gonna prefer the gym for obvious reasons.
A married guy who works all day is a different story. Unless your wife is a gym rat, she probably won't be a big fan of you being gone and being around woman that probably look better than her. I find it much cheaper to buy some equipment and get the job done at home, than divorce.:D

OH! I just realized I have 2,003 posts! Took me long enough. :cool:

Last edited:
I too train at home. It's been that way for the past 10-12 years and haven't looked back. I have a power rack, dumbbells from 5-150lbs, flat/incline bench, lat pulldown machine, dip stand, adjustable kettlebell handle, leg extension/leg curl machine, 45 degree hyperextension bench, landmine, adjustable ab bench, calf block, ab wheel, 2 treadmills(upstairs and downstairs), stationary bike and 1,000+lbs of olympic weight plates.

If I have a long day, I don't have any excuse why I shouldn't workout. All I have to do is go downstairs and make it happen.

I workout at home as well. I have a very nice gym that I've equipped with used commercial gym equipment that I've acquired over the years. Off and on my wife and I do go and workout at a commercial gym for a change of pace and to train with friends.

I think a lot of it has to do with marital status, and/or kids. Single guys are gonna prefer the gym for obvious reasons.
A married guy who works all day is a different story. Unless your wife is a gym rat, she probably won't be a big fan of you being gone and being around woman that probably look better than her. I find it much cheaper to buy some equipment and get the job done at home, than divorce.:D

OH! I just realized I have 2,003 posts! Took me long enough. :cool:

This is really what got me to just lift at home for the most part. After we had our second kid it was just too convenient to train at home especially after working all day. My wife also trains so it is easier for both of us. My wife is smoking hot and still has a 6 pack after having 2 kids so I don't have to worry about that last part lol!

So many of you like training at home, curious about how your gym room looks like? Can someone share pics? :D

Home for the last 15+ years.

Power Rack, adjustable bench, 600lbs of weight and Db's up to 90lbs

Thats all I need anymore.

No time to go to a gym or desire.. seen enough yoga pants in my day. :)

Have done both, commercial and home.

I made my best gains training in a garage gym, with a good training
partner and with a limited amount of equipment, enough to do just
the basics. It forces one to focus on a limited number of exercises,
to get the most from the least.

Wish I could train at home now :(

I would love a nice home gym one day but I know I'd miss looking at all hot women. 👯

Looks real similar to my gym man. But your super soaker collection is much better than mine. If my kids saw this I'd be having to go to Walmart tonight and upgrade lol

There are so many shitheads at gyms that I spend most of my time trying not to get irritated in most commercial gyms. I just want to say, "shut the hell up and workout".
I have an excellent home gym.

No you don't have an excellent gym you have an unbelievable gym lol. I only wish I could have one like yours bro.

I have some pics:)

This is my home gym.

Attachments

• IMG_0913.JPG
    IMG_0913.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 100
Here are a couple

Pics...

Attachments

• IMG_0912.JPG
    IMG_0912.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 100
Another

Pic

Attachments

• IMG_0911.JPG
    IMG_0911.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 99
Last

Pic.

Sometimes I will go to a commercial gym for a workout with my girlfriend of 20 years. Then I realize how damn thankful I am to have our own weight equipment!

Attachments

• IMG_0910.JPG
    IMG_0910.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 100
This was 2 weeks ago.

I am posting this picture for some of you guys who might be saying..."I bet they look like they train at home!"

I am 265lbs and 6'1 (so nothing great, but respectable) and Meredith is a figure Pro (Ifbb) and she won all her shows training at our home gym as she was coming up as an amateur. Some of the stuff we had early on was a basic squat rack rack and some free weights. We bought a treadmill for cardio as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0914.JPG
    IMG_0914.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 98

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner