over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DOGCRAPP!

gordo14

Registered
Hey i was looking for some insight into your cruise period while doing DC. I'm scared if i don't do it right i will lose some ground i've gained. So here is my basic understanding: After your blast phase you basicly take a period of say 2 weeks for example and instead of going to failure you just do one set of 20 reps for each lift? Should the last 2-3 reps be super difficult, or is this a period of time to take it easy and light. Also is only one set effective, and last question do you stick to the same lifts you used during your blast phase or can you chang it up every workout. Ok i have more. :D Can you do the full body 3 days a week or should the split remain the same. I appreciate your or anyone elses input who would like to chime in. Thanks in advance.

Hey i was looking for some insight into your cruise period while doing DC. I'm scared if i don't do it right i will lose some ground i've gained. So here is my basic understanding: After your blast phase you basicly take a period of say 2 weeks for example and instead of going to failure you just do one set of 20 reps for each lift? Should the last 2-3 reps be super difficult, or is this a period of time to take it easy and light. Also is only one set effective, and last question do you stick to the same lifts you used during your blast phase or can you chang it up every workout. Ok i have more. :D Can you do the full body 3 days a week or should the split remain the same. I appreciate your or anyone elses input who would like to chime in. Thanks in advance.

Take two weeks and don't do shit. That's why you're cruising in the first place, because your body needs the break. I would just do some cardio and some stretching. You're not gonna lose everything you gained by giving your body time to heal up and recharge.

Soem people go in and piddle around with the weights, just light maitanence kinda stuff. Nothing Stressful. During thiis period you are not trying to tear down the muscle. Others, including myself, take the whole time off, doing nothing, just maybe a little cardio.

Worried about loosing muscle, don't worry about it. During my first few cruises I tried to over analyze things and come back at a certain percentage of what I last left off with. Big Waste. I now come back according to what my body feels best, and it is 90 percent of the time stronger than when I left off. Only when my diet lagged did I come back weaker and not by much.

I will tell you, last year due to work and family stress, I laid off training altogether for about three months. Not only did come back nearly as strong, I retained most of my size, proving that I had gained tons of muscle with DC, instead of just a CNS response to lifting heavy.

Thanks for the response.

Soem people go in and piddle around with the weights, just light maitanence kinda stuff. Nothing Stressful. During thiis period you are not trying to tear down the muscle. Others, including myself, take the whole time off, doing nothing, just maybe a little cardio.

Worried about loosing muscle, don't worry about it. During my first few cruises I tried to over analyze things and come back at a certain percentage of what I last left off with. Big Waste. I now come back according to what my body feels best, and it is 90 percent of the time stronger than when I left off. Only when my diet lagged did I come back weaker and not by much.

I will tell you, last year due to work and family stress, I laid off training altogether for about three months. Not only did come back nearly as strong, I retained most of my size, proving that I had gained tons of muscle with DC, instead of just a CNS response to lifting heavy.

I swear i read a sticky in the dogg pound that pertained to cruising, and it said to still lift, just not with the same intensity, i was wondering if that was true. I do have a question for you though. When you came back did you have to start off with a lower weight than when you finished your blast? Meaning did you use the log as a reference point on where to start again, or do you just start a new log?

When I am on a cruise phase with my training I continue with my cardio as well as some very light lifting just to keep blood in the muscles.

Another thing that I would suggest is to lighten up on your eating so that you don't get fat as well as dropping off one of your usual meals so that when you get back to blasting you are hungry to eat as well as train.

I swear i read a sticky in the dogg pound that pertained to cruising, and it said to still lift, just not with the same intensity, i was wondering if that was true. I do have a question for you though. When you came back did you have to start off with a lower weight than when you finished your blast? Meaning did you use the log as a reference point on where to start again, or do you just start a new log?

Yes the stickies say to piddle with no intensity, true for some, not true for others. Remeber they are guidelinnes, it would be impossible to write a routine to blanket the entire population. Just as DC works for most, but then there are some that find it too intense or not intense enough, They do better on other routines. But, do you know your body? I know mine and the best way for me is an all out stopping of activity. I am very tall and very heavy, so the lack of activity does better for me. Just slight cardio. As for a your question. The first few cruises into new blasts, I lokked back to see what I was doing, I think it hindered me. Now, well the last four or five blast, I have not looked back. Using the same log book, just noted that new blast has started. I come back, listen to my body and push it. But I have found that starting at the top of the rep range works out very well and seems to extend you blasts. I'll give you and example. A few blast ago, I ended with 120 DB's on incline for 12+5+2. The next blast I came back, didn't look back and hit 125 for 15+6+2.

Yes the stickies say to piddle with no intensity, true for some, not true for others. Remeber they are guidelinnes, it would be impossible to write a routine to blanket the entire population. Just as DC works for most, but then there are some that find it too intense or not intense enough, They do better on other routines. But, do you know your body? I know mine and the best way for me is an all out stopping of activity. I am very tall and very heavy, so the lack of activity does better for me. Just slight cardio. As for a your question. The first few cruises into new blasts, I lokked back to see what I was doing, I think it hindered me. Now, well the last four or five blast, I have not looked back. Using the same log book, just noted that new blast has started. I come back, listen to my body and push it. But I have found that starting at the top of the rep range works out very well and seems to extend you blasts. I'll give you and example. A few blast ago, I ended with 120 DB's on incline for 12+5+2. The next blast I came back, didn't look back and hit 125 for 15+6+2.

I understand everyone is different. This is my first cruise coming up so was looking for insight. I already planned on lowering my food for the 2 weeks i'm cruising. It is gonna be weird not going balls to the wall. :D I think i will try to keep my cardio, and also do some light weight work. If that fails....then i will change it up.

When I am on a cruise phase with my training I continue with my cardio as well as some very light lifting just to keep blood in the muscles.

Another thing that I would suggest is to lighten up on your eating so that you don't get fat as well as dropping off one of your usual meals so that when you get back to blasting you are hungry to eat as well as train.

I was just about to type that when I read your post Dusty...

That is exactly what I do...

If you are blasting right you will want to take 10-14 days off...by the end of it you are rip roaring to go to get back into it..

I understand everyone is different. This is my first cruise coming up so was looking for insight. I already planned on lowering my food for the 2 weeks i'm cruising. It is gonna be weird not going balls to the wall. :D I think i will try to keep my cardio, and also do some light weight work. If that fails....then i will change it up.

That si the best idea. Stick to the stickies as laid out. Then if you feel the cruise did not work for you, then adjust. And FOLLOW Dusty's advise. An Expert that I can only wish to gain some of his knoweldge.

I'm fixing to cruise myself, on the weight part I plan on doing 75% of my best 6-8 rep weight... Would you say this would be about right?

Agreed^^^^^^^^^^

When you get back from the cruise, let your body dictate on how heavy you come back. You'll be suprised that you'll probably come back stronger. And keep it mind it is nest to come back starting at the higher end of the rep ranges.

how long after starting dc it´s suppoused to start the cruising?

your body should tell you. Listen to it and you will be able to know when to cruise. The time is not set in stone. I've had 4-6 week blasts, staying at the low 11 rep range and I've had numerous 10 week blasts starting at the high and staying close to the high rep range. If you do not know how to listen to your body, stay away from DC.

Last edited:
Its an individual thing.

how long after starting dc it´s suppoused to start the cruising?

You have to listen to your body. I can tell its time to cruise. I'm not looking forward to it though. :)

Also no rest pausing. Use straight sets with lower weight. Drop a meal to get your hunger back up

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws