over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Doggcrapp training over convential training

king1033

Registered
Im thinking about giving DC training a shot i hear its the best way to get big, not saying im small but i guess im getting bored of the same old routine so i figure why not try it ya know see if it is more effeciant for my body.

can anyone give some informative articles that are spot on about this form of training. also this might be a dumb question but is DC training a form of training that you would cycle, like 4 weeks of dc training then 2 of lighter weight high reps. any help much appreciated guys.

Come over to IM and read up in the dogg and puppy pounds... the stickies there are the only official writings you will find. Also it might be a good idea to pick up the DC DVD that one of his trainees put out...

jasonwojo.com for that.

You do not need to cycle methods unless you desire, DC can be run year round with proper blasting+cruising.

intensemuscle.com is where you'll find all the training info you need.
Be honest when you read it and evulate yourself if you're ready to do it or not.

intensemuscle.com is where you'll find all the training info you need.
Be honest when you read it and evulate yourself if you're ready to do it or not.

what is there to take into consideration, cause im always ready to get bigger :D :D

what is there to take into consideration, cause im always ready to get bigger :D :D

Everyone wants to get bigger. You'll understand once you read it over there.
I dont know enough about it to go into detail, but just read read read and you'll understand.
And, dont jump on it cause it's popular, jump on it because you like the ideas and you've tried other stuff for years...you know your body very well, how you respond to certain things, etc.

DC trained me a few years ago. I made the best gains in a very short period of time. I've never really had a trainer so it helped considerably to have someone holding you accountable. I highly recommend it. You can learn quite a bit about it over at IM.

go over to IM and read up about it. the program will definitely help you put some size on.

It makes more sence to do DC training, I follow the princables but change things around to work on what needs to be brought up and excercies that hit the muscle the best.

Jason Wojo DVD explaines how to do it pretty well.

If you give DC training a legit, honest try, and stay with it, you'll be very happy with the results. The results happen because the system is designed to put everything in the right environment. Just remember that nutrition is more than half the DC program. If you're not gaining in the log book, it's because you weren't eating enough.

I've got my logbook going precontest as we speak. I'll start my blasting and cruising right after my show.

The principles are fantastic. However, they've been around much longer than Dante has been posting on forums. There's a lot to be said about high frequency, low volume, eating right, constant progression.. all of these things are elementary and have been around since the beginning of time, or close to it. Even rest-pause. Nothing new here. However, his fine tuning of all variables involved with bodybuilders he trains produces great results. He knows what he's doing.

Just wanted to state that, technically, every single one of the principles that you label as DC's, ARE "conventional training" basics.

Its worth a look for sure. It worked well for two friends of mine. I liked a closer version to how Dorain trained but I can honestly say I never gave DC's style a fair/long enough try. I was just thinking of looking into DC a bit closer myself again. Both my friends swore by it though.

The principles are fantastic. However, they've been around much longer than Dante has been posting on forums. There's a lot to be said about high frequency, low volume, eating right, constant progression.. all of these things are elementary and have been around since the beginning of time, or close to it. .

Agreed.
Even rest-pause. Nothing new here. .

Disagree... who was doing 11-20 rep rest pause sets with 3 failure points?

Agreed.

Disagree... who was doing 11-20 rep rest pause sets with 3 failure points?

It's been done forever. People just didn't analyze it so much. Common sense after a while, really.

Like 20 rep squats.. you use your 10 rep max approximately and after that 10, you rest (albeit with the bar on your back, not racking it) and you push for 2-3 more mini sets.. a few reps at a time. This has been done on every exercise for a long, long, time.

Some people act like Dante invented these things. He put a name to them and taught them to many who have had and who wouldn't have any idea about them.

I've never used doggcrap atm I'm just starting up the 5/3/1 method by jim wendler.

I've heard alot of bros get great results of it while other think their overtrained.

The 5/3/1 is more about not over taxing yourself. I could go into more detail..

I've never used doggcrap atm I'm just starting up the 5/3/1 method by jim wendler.

I've heard alot of bros get great results of it while other think their overtrained.

The 5/3/1 is more about not over taxing yourself. I could go into more detail..

Just wondering, why would this be better than 12/6/1 ?? Im not advocating any im just wondering, the method you mentioned sounds interesting. Just curious as to how its better.

As much sh*t as Dante took on the boards when he first put his training system forth...makes me kinda chuckle that all the principles were carved out in stone on/in the web and it was/is nothing new now right after all these years everyone was doing it right??

His system is unique and developed by him. Funny now that it is very popular and a household name for gaining extreme mass -everyone trained that way anyway, nothing new is laughable to me.

Nobody said Dante invented the barbell, but he did perfect the rest pause to be the ideal way to progress in size and strength-ideal rep range for growth followed by 2 pause sets of half that. Weight is increased as strength progresses in a controlled manner and higher rep ranges maybe used as well to gain mass with out further joint distress. High rep sets and stretches ya they were around but it's how you incorporate EVERYTHING into a system.

Last edited:
I peronsonly never got a chance to work with DC. But I did work with Iron Addict a few years back doing pretty much the same kinda training and I can honestly say that I was the strongest at that point in my bodybuilding then I ever was up intill that point. I cant say I looked the best during this time but I didn't look like shit either.

Now this was back in.... I think 2003 so I can only imagine how much better it all got over the years from DC himself.

Like MG said I always get a good chuckle from people who say "oh yea this stuff has been around forever, my dads friends Bill and the boys from the pool hall were doing it back in the day and all my crew did it too"

Really?

Rest Pause training= people seem to forget this nowadays but Rest Pause training by definition is nothing like I do it. Its a set of 6 maximum effort singles with 10 seconds rest between them. Thats a rest pause set by true definition.

Im the lazy guy who also named the stuff he was doing "rest pause training" because i really didnt care about any notoriety calling it "Dante reps" and it seemed closest to "rest pause training"

Now who was the guy back in the early 90's experimenting with thinking about how you could take the regular training everyone was doing for straight sets of 7-10 reps and creating a huge overload with it?

That would be me. I was the guy experimenting on the guys in the local gyms around here in San Marcos and Vista.....with 7 rest pauses, 6 rest pauses, 2 rest pauses, 4, 5, rest pauses until 3 rest pauses proved out to be the most feasible for "getting at least one rep cranked out" at the very end and also being able to recover fast so you could train that bodypart again fairly quickly.

Do you know what everyone was doing in the early 90's? Most were training bodyparts once a week in a 6 days a week one day off scheme or 3 days on one day off.....and doing 8-15 sets for small bodyparts and 10-20 sets for large bodyparts. Yates came along and started doing lower worksets and a clique of the bodybuilding community followed him.

Its really easy nowadays to forget were you read about something.....in the bodybuilding community its absolutey epidemic. Thats why you always see me cite Jon Parillo whenver i do a magazine article....because Parillo came first with extreme stretching and I dont ever want him overlooked....he came before me.....I was trying to mimic the bird wing studies and create hyperplasia and that was my route, his was fascia related....but again he came first and I will always state that.

Green Tea....i use that liberally with my trainees...and ive stated time and time again one guy brought that to the forefront of the bodybuilding community....a former member of this board named Brooklyn Juice about 10 years ago on Animals board....and i make sure i say his name when i talk about where my thoughts about green tea came from.....that guy was on many boards putting up the studies until it became common thought for the bbing community. Alot of people say "take green tea" without a second thought forgetting where they read the real studies on it. Ive never forgotten that it was Brooklyn Juice who got me on the Green Tea train....RIP Brooklyn Juice.

So 10 years ago when I came on Animals board and stated "hey guys this is how i train (hitting bodyparts 2x every 8 days, using EV olive oil to gain weight, extreme stretching, high protien intake, warming up thru progressive sets and then doing an all out set of 11-20 going to failure 3 times during that, low volume, high frequency, rotation of 3 key exercises, blasting for this number of weeks and cruising for this number of days/weeks, switching out exercises at plateaus so you are always progressing on an exercise".etc.etc.etc.etc......for the next four years I had people bashing me, calling me an idiot, "that will never work, its stupid, noone trains like that, its bullshit,........on various boards, some not even in existence anymore....alot of the times it was me against 20 guys arguing my point.

If this was so normal and everyone was been doing it....where were you? Why werent you on there arguing with me? Why werent you backing me up? I was sitting there getting bashed relentlessly because I presented something different from everyones training beliefs and you left me flapping in the wind arguing with all those guys by myself?

Oh now....oh hey its well accepted, people gained a shitload of muscle mass like I said they would in the beginning and now I hear "oh yea i was doing that all along since 1977 with my buddy Fred....nothing new"

its ridiculous for me to hear after the battles Ive been in online about it....

I am at the point that I dont care how anyone trains...train how you want to train....sick of the bullshit arguing to be honest with you (said in a general sense to noone specific)....I would prefer someone do anything else but DC training...makes my job so much easier because hell i dont make money from it....it was just put out there as one guys views for free.....but keep in mind one thing please. If you hear someone talk about rest pause training and its not a set of 6 max effort singles......and instead they say 11-15 or 11-20 reps with 3 failure points separated by 10-15 deep breathes on that journey....thats 100% no doubt me.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99