over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

dreaming... MAXIMA vs ACCORD

Cars are really poor investments but because we have to have one, you might as well buy something you enjoy. I think one of the exceptions to the poor investment rule is when you buy a Honda or Toyota.

I was a loyal german auto fan for several years until I bought my current car which is a Toyota. My parents have been loyal Honda fans for ages and sold their 2005 Accord last year for a new CRV. The Accord was badass. They had the V6 and it had all the bells and whistles. The ride was pretty much noise free and it handled really well. You also have a ton of power if you need it with the V6. I'd go with the Honda but thats just me. I do really like the new two door Altima they (Nissan) make and I saw the 2009 Maxima which looks badass.

Either way its going to be nice to know every time you turn the key in the ignition you are going to get the same result and a nice reliable car which is worth the price ten fold.

I hate to do this but could you buy American like a GM truck or car as im a week from being out of a job because everyone is afraid of american cars and trucks dont get me wrong every auto company builds good cars and or trucks but help a guy out and buy american keep the money in the states, sorry if i'm a little hard on ya but we all need to get the point across to everyone " OUT OF A JOB YET KEEP BUYING FORGIN"

Buy a 06 Altima SE. Has the same V6 that is in the Maxima but allot cheaper. Great car.

FYI... made in Mississippi plant. My neighbor drives a dodge made in Mexico and I drive a Nissan made in the US so you tell me which is more American?

i bought a new accord in 05. great car. honda has my business forever... i have a lot of compassion for the guys who work in detroit. the situation just sucks. i wish we could avoid it. but the argument to buy american is garbage. my honda was made in the US using american laborers too. i bought it from an american dealership. you're supporting american workers either way.

yeah and what kinda of union does the honda workers have? NONE how much do they get paid per hr? about $3.00 less than ford , gm , dodge . who is that hurting right well they might be made in the us but where is all the money going not here in the states and yes gm builds trucks in mexico as well as canada now if the big three go under who is going to pay for the unemployment? your neighbor who works for honda so tell him thanks for the free ride and when all us big three workers use up the cash and he gets laid off you guys that support other car companys will wish the big three were still building our AMERICAN cars to help support the econmy but hey everyone can buy what they like and i dont want to hijack this thread but it just makes me mad that people dont look at the big picture

ive always preferred nissan over honda. the altima 3.5 coupe is sick.

i feel your pain bulldog, scary times.

im all about buying american and keeping money in the states but consumers want the most value for their money and honda/toyota provide that. you cant blame them for that, it is the nature of business and the free market. the big 3 just arent able to compete and the union is one of the many reasons that make that so. it is not our jobs to "buy american", it is their jobs to make vehicles we want to buy while running an efficient and profitable business. it is not the american way to buy american, just look around your house.

im sorry if i offend you, this is just what i see to be the truth. i wish the best for you and hope all turns out well.

Unless Nissan has fixed the turning radius on the newer Maximas, I would stay away. I bought a 2003 and had to trade it in because you could not pull into a parking space without backing up and turning again. The engine was great and the car ran great, but the turning radius could drive a person crazy. The best way to get a used car is find someone that is registered with Manheim Auction services. You can buy wholesale and pay the dealer a finders fee.

Maxima

If I remeber corectly the maxima has a DOHC! vs. the Accord SOHC. For a v6 sports sadan DOHC but you would'nt have that problem if you just get a charger with a hemi! or a corvette

I drive a altima 3.5Litter v6 DOHC SE and for a sports sedan it's pretty damn fast needs some suspension work for pitch,dive and roll. but hell i'm catching 3rd with a tiptronic transmission. it's sweet i think its like 280hp in a compact sedan.

Last edited:
ok I'm off my soap box, the best thing i can tell ya is look at jd powers and comsumer reports then cruise the net and look for parts that you may have to replace later on , look at the price of the parts call around to the local shops and see what they are replacing on the cars you are looking at this will give you a heads up on future problems you may or may not have just remember every car that comes down the production line is diffrent it may not look that way but they are and if you r buying it new see if you can get the repair ticket or a copy of it from the plant it will give you a idea of what has been done before it went out the door ex. wire harness, fuel pump, bad o2 sensor it will tell you alot it will also show if any body panels have been in the repair booth for a ding ,scratch,paint runs,along with the wrong parts altogether hope this helps sorry for the hijack earlier

Neither, get an Infiniti G35 coupe. Same Nissan VQ35 V6, comes in a manual 6 speed,
RWD, without a doubt the sexiest coupe money can buy. The exhaust
note is also one of the nicest sounding in the segment.

mmmmmmm G35....

pretty sure ill try for the accord, i want/need more room...

bulldog...$3 less hr.... fack, up here the big 3 are what $35/hr.... time and a half on weekends..??

also, maybe the dream cars (challengers, camaros, ect ect)_ for $50000+ 500hp gas guzzling didnt help much either.....

phats

If you can hold out for a few weeks...you could get a real good deal on a GM. The name might change a bit...to something like X-GM... but shouldn't be too expensive, thats for sure.

I hate to do this but could you buy American like a GM truck or car as im a week from being out of a job because everyone is afraid of american cars and trucks dont get me wrong every auto company builds good cars and or trucks but help a guy out and buy american keep the money in the states, sorry if i'm a little hard on ya but we all need to get the point across to everyone " OUT OF A JOB YET KEEP BUYING FORGIN"

Don't feel bad. I worked for Delphi. You know....Delphi...formerly AC Delco, formerly owned by GM. The company that went chapter 11 for the biggest corporate bankruptcy in history. And all this happened before the economy took a dive. I think Delphi never did find financing to pull out of bankruptcy either. I quit giving a damn about them after they laid me off last June.....

guys he is talking about buying a USED car which won't really have much of an impact on what ya'll are talking about.

He could buy a used honda from a GM dealer, or from an individual or from a honda dealer. I can think of some far stretched ways that might affect the local economy but I don't think buying a used GM or used honda makes much of a difference really...

a NEW car is a whole different conversation - the one we are currently having.

we are not so much talking about new or used as pertaining to this situation as we are the bigger issue of buying american and supporting the big 3.

two seperate conversations...

while im at it i might as well contribute something pertaining to the actual thread topic...i think the 09 accord coupes are 1 of the sweetest cars around. the ride is awesome and a very roomy interior, the styling is better than most other more expensive rides. the g35 is badass though...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131