over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dusty Hanshaw Overall Winner -pics!

Alex A

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
It was an awesome night as mission was completed (for the time being) as Dusty Hanshaw is your 2008 NPC Border States Overall Champion.

5'10" 240lb Hanshaw took a solid win and impressed many including Mayhems super bbing training expert Dante aka Dogcrapp. Danted had done some awesome off season training/mass building work and it paid off big time. I met Dante at the show, and it was great meeting him.

I put in 20 weeks of planning and prep to help Dusty look his best. (I met Dusty for the first time in person the day of the show.) We worked well together through emails and on the phone. My challenge was not to over diet him and lose muscle . I figured Dante, Dusty, Evian, even Rob or anyone who knows my style might shredd him down to low. ( I know dusty was not worried) but in the end, i chose a more conservative approach and had him stay fuller, harder, bigger and tight and dry enough to ensure the win.

It sounds cocky, but i never had any doubts.

Trust me, the best is yet to come as there are quite a few changes we could make to get him harder next run.

In the end the 27 year old Dusty was too solid and conditioned for anyone to overcome. He totally deserved this awesome win!

I wanted to thank Dusty for having me do his prep. Dante and I, we came together well on this one and should do it again.

The crowd was buzzing that night and It was great to be part of what made it happen.

Attachments

• dustyoverall.jpg
    dustyoverall.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 4,081
Last edited:
A few more

Attachments

• dusty2.jpg
    dusty2.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 2,088

Attachments

• alexdusty.jpg
    alexdusty.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 3,982
I was down at the show and I thought Dusty was a step above anyone in that show, good size, symetry, and very lean. I had the pleasure of meeting him and knew he was a genuine good guy. I believe there is going to be better things in stored for him in BB. Congrats Dusty, well deserved!

Greg it was good seeing you at the show! thanks for coming out to support it.

Damn! Dusty looks pro to me. Im sure it won't be long now. great job!, congratualations to both you and Dusty, you guys hard work really paid off.

Nice work, Dusty!!

Looking good, man!:D

Great Job guys congrats!

Wow! Incredible showing. Incredible arms. Great all over.

Congrats everybody. Especially Dusty!

Big CONGRATS bro!

Very impressive Dusty! We're happy for ya and look forward to seeing you in the mags in the future!

so Dusty what was better, getting the overall, or getting nachos at alcatraz??

:D

congrats bro you looked awesome.

proof that hard work always overcomes!!!!

congrats dusty!!! it's about time!! :D

Congrats bro!! Massive...You look great!!

Thanks everyone. First of all I have to say THANK GOD PROFESSIONAL MUSCLE IS BACK!!!!!!!! I seriously think I may be addicted to this place because I swear I was checking it every few hours. When this place goes down it's like losing the ability to talk to your friends.

The show was a great time and all of the other athletes were really cool. Honestly though the coolest part of the show was all of the support I had in attendance. People from all over the country came to see me compete and I can't tell you how awesome that was for me. I mean I knew some people were coming but when I walked out onstage during prejudging to do my 60 second routine I was floored at how loud everyone was cheering and who was in attendance. So just in case I don't talk to some of you in the next few days THANK YOU. You have no idea what it means to me to have that kind of support and those kinds of friendships. You guys are what this sport is all about.

Working with Alex was a great experience and I would suggest him to anyone who is serious about there goals to step onstage feeling fully prepared. He is a great guy and is passionate about ALL of his clients success. I never waited for more than a few hours to get an answer to a question and I could feel the excitement he was having as the show drew nearer. Great athlete, great nutritionist, and great friend.

As far as the show itself I was happy to win but far from satisfied. I was dealing with a hernia for most of my prep which kept me from training with my usual weights and cost me some size by showtime. I am scheduled to have the hernia fixed in the next six weeks which will put me out of the gym for about a month but after that it's game on.

The big change this year that will help me get my conditioning where I want it is that I will be staying leaner and eating cleaner this off season. No, I am not turning my back on what has worked for me this past year but rather cleaning it up. I will be following Dante's plan to the letter and eating TONS of high quality meals from here on. I start my rest day cardio today and will be keeping up with it at thirty minutes a day on the stepmill every off day. Other than that I will just be doing whatever Dante thinks is needed because he is the one who brought me this far and I trust him 100%.

I guess that's it for now. I have to go hit my cardio before Hotfigure and I head off to Vegas for a little mini vacation. I owe this girl the world for all that she does for me year round and even more so for all of the sacrifices she made leading up to this show. Anyone who knows us understands that I may be the one who gets the majority of the attention after these shows but she is the one who deserves all of the credit. I would be nowhere near the level I am at without her in my corner. Hell she brought travel passes for Gold's to make sure I keep up with my cardio in Vegas.:mad: Now that's support.

Sorry for adding another post but I just wanted to thank Dante and his wife in a separate post. Not only did Dante and his wife (who is 7.5 months preggo) come to the show but they stayed to the very end. I have said it countless times but I can't thank Dante enough for all that he has done for me. Hell he stopped training athletes before he took me on as a client:confused: and since then he has taken me to an entirely different level in both the way I look and the way I think. He truly is a special person and I am very thankful to have he and his beautiful wife as friends. Evian and I are very blessed and can't wait to meet his little girl.

Thanks again Dante and True Protein.

so Dusty what was better, getting the overall, or getting nachos at alcatraz??

:D

congrats bro you looked awesome.

The nachos by far:D What?? I love food. Hell I didn't even take the trophy to my room before I gave it to my Mom to take home, but those nachos were all mine baby.

David works for my sponsor IForce nutrition and is an up and coming athlete in the NPC. He is young but has a lot of knowledge and has the drive needed to go far in the sport. I had a photo shoot for the coming years IForce adds on Sunday following the show and he was there and came with us after the shoot for little get together to celebrate the win.

IForce picked me up a few years ago and has had my back through some pretty hard times in both my bodybuilding and personal life so it was great to have a great shoot following my win and then sit down with the owner and his team to celebrate. They are a first rate company and I am happy to say that we are growing in the sport together.

Thanks again to IForce nutrition's owner Dave Nelson and his wife for believing in me so much as to resign me weeks before the show had even happened. That little deal showed me how much this company believes in me and my abilities. I look forward to being a part of the IForce team for years to come.

Wow! You look fantastic! Great work!

Best of luck on the hernia operation.

congrats dusty!!!!!!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99