over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DVD Players w/ Built in Wi-Fi for Netflix

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I am looking at getting all set up with Netflix and buying a new DVD Player with built in wi-fi instead of buying a $60-80 adapter for my Samsung Smart TV. I figure for $150 I can get a pretty bad ass DVD player these days...

Anyways, my main question for those incline to know about these things is are ALL of these DVD players with built in wi-fi/netflix capabilities BLU RAYS as well? I have no real interest in Blu Ray but can't seem to find one without Blu Ray. I also understand Blu Ray will play my old DVD's but I just don't know if I'll buy into getting the more expensive DVD's when my entire collection is standard DVD's to begin with.

Thanks for your time and knowledge.

you can get a combo player that plays both dvds and blu ray that has wi fi. I haven't heard of just a dvd player that is wi fi. You say you have a Samsung smart tv, you should be able to get Netflix through your smart tv.

Last edited:
you can get a combo player that plays both dvds and blu ray. I haven't heard of a dvd player that is wi fi. You say you have a Samsung smart tv, you should be able to get Netflix through your smart tv.

As I stated in the post, the Smart TV needs an adapter that is 60-80 bucks. We have a shitty $40 dvd player. I'm going to put that in the bedroom for now and get a nice dvd player with wi-fi capabilities so I can achieve hitting two birds with one stone.

1) Have a 2nd dvd player and now one in the bedroom
2) Have a wi-fi connection with Netflix on the biggest tv in the house

Why spend 60-80 on an adapter when we need a new DVD player and a badass one is roughly double the price and provides us with wi-fi capability?

I guess a combo player is your best bet then. Like I stated earlier, I haven't seen a dvd player with wi fi. I have seen only blu ray players or dvd/blu ray players that have wi fi. Gaming systems also will play Netflix...like playstation.

Last edited:
The TV is Smart TV capable. Its the 46" Samsung LED 6003 I believe. It needs an adapter.

I just hate buying a Blu Ray if I am going to be against buying Blu Ray DVD's. LOL, but they play regular DVD's so maybe I'll just get the BluRay DVD player for the fact its wi-fi capable and a Dvd Player.:confused:

Just get on Craigslist and buy a wii with a ton of games for next to nothing.
Play movies Netflix Hulu movies games.

Doesn't the smart tv have wifi? I also have a smart tv and just downloaded the Netflix app onto it from the app marketplace.

much better off with a smart tv that will do netflix out of the box. I actually had a top of the line wifi blu ray player from samsung that could stream netflix, but the processing ability was poor and load times were not very good at all. Actually returned it and got the upgraded television instead, made a world of difference.

Doesn't the smart tv have wifi? I also have a smart tv and just downloaded the Netflix app onto it from the app marketplace.

Is anyone reading? It needs the adapter!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

much better off with a smart tv that will do netflix out of the box. I actually had a top of the line wifi blu ray player from samsung that could stream netflix, but the processing ability was poor and load times were not very good at all. Actually returned it and got the upgraded television instead, made a world of difference.

Sorry, can't return a tv I bought almost 2 yrs ago.

Is anyone reading? It needs the adapter!

Thought all the new tv's could just use wifi without any addons.
Wasn't aware I though you were talking about that netflix player.

A used playstation 3 is cool. It plays games, blu ray, internet etc
It also comes with a hard drive to store your movies and media on.

I has one of these but then bought a Vizio TV that had the app built in and it's better.

What about like roku

Just get a sony blu ray player from amazon, mine has wifi, netflix, blu ray, regular dvd's and a ton of other crap ill never use, i believe right around $80-100 on amazon

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash

how about buy a "chrome cast" adapter that plugs into the HDMI port on tv and works wifi to any device ie: pc, tablet, iphone, then just stream your neflix from there, no wires, no mail or discs. It cost like $35 at best buy

Just get a sony blu ray player from amazon, mine has wifi, netflix, blu ray, regular dvd's and a ton of other crap ill never use, i believe right around $80-100 on amazon

What model number? I like Sony. My TV is Samsung, so I might go with a matching DVD player...not that it matters much. I need a damned sound bar or something too...the sound on this LED tv is just ok.

Ive got the bdp-s5100 it has youtube, hulu, netflix, crackle, pandora!!

And some more crap i dont use but its a good one!

Oh and its 3d as well

want sound, go with bose. best.

LOL. Not.
No highs...no lows.. Bose.

They are nowhere near the best if you are an audiophile.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Thiccthighsshan
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131