over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Eating when hungry, Revisited.

Yeah, JS has pointed me in this direction. I'm learning what foods make me hungry and will look to utilize something like this in the near future.

once you find that right combination its actually pretty crazy, youll track total intake and realize you getting as much in terms of total cals and macros and when you would force feed.

A lot of people hear eat when hungry and assume that means less food intake. What it really means is learning how your body best processes foods and what foods are used the fastest and sticking to those. your making your body efficient is all it really is.

Yesterday i was pretty lazy, didnt do much at all, I eat 60G pro, 50G carbs, 15G fats per meal. Now i layed around playing videogames all day so i only ate 5 meals. thats 300G pro, 250G carbs, and 75G fats, plus i had around a half a bottle of LBA's. for a guy sitting right around 200 lbs, thats a good amount of food for an off day.

It can be argued that you actually require MORE CALORIES ON REST DAYS...

I agree with just about everything you said. As a result of eating as described, I consume 7-9 meals every day(feedings). I am always hungry every 2-3 hours, no matter how much I eat per meal.

I do like the post....however, for me personally...sometimes even after going balls to the fckn walls training....my appetite has ALWAYS sucked... ive NEVER wanted to drink that shake in the middle of nite....never wanted a biig breakfast(if i even want anything) for an hour or 2 when i wake up... Anything over 300g of pro throughout the day, and i feel uncomfortable...i do progress...but.... i have noticed that by forcing the few extra shakes down....and dealing with being a lil full...this FOR ME is currentley working....trying to get to about 450g of pro a day(there is no way ever i have been able to MAKE myself want to eat that much protein)... and i dont believe the extra has caused ME personally to get a higher bf%....and i have been gaining lbm being off n natural for over 6 months now...i credit the new gains to extra protein...but i may be wrong...

tkav great post and i fully understand the logic behind eating when hungry.

here is my problem. my job!!

i have a set breaks at certain times, i also have to sneak off to stuff something down.

if i didnt feel like eating at my breaktime thats it, i cant say to my boss give me another hour and ill eat then.

i assume all you guys that eat when hungry have free reign over lunch breaks etc??

Tkav! Nice post! Youre one of the few that get it AND has the patients and desire to lay it all out for us over and over again. Your persistence is paying off and your winning people over...cause its the truth. Ive added 10 hard earned pounds since eating-when-hungry. I feel great, have great definition year round and have good intensity during my workouts without having to rely on stimulants.

I learned when I lost patience and started pushing food down my throat I lost my edge in the gym and eventually my strength tanked. Worst of all I looked like shit. Then I ended up not eating because I was all clogged up and things just got worse from there. Force feeding will eventually hold you back and keep you from gaining. Lessons learned and never forgotten.

Awesome ness. Between this and the folli you have put on some serious lean mass! I love that=-) For me I like adding muscle and trying to be big(please note i say trying because i have a ways to go...lol). You should post some updated pics man, its been a while and i cant wait to see all the progress you have made with the diet and the folli etc!!!!

Tkav, great post. I have never trained under phil but i definitely eat when i am hungry. I dont get all wrapped up on the macros and all, i know i should probably be more scientific but if i am hungry, truly hungry, my body NEEDS something. So i give it to it. I cannot remember a day in recent memory where i have not been hungry for less than 400-450 grams protein and a truckload of carbs either. I think this is all about making sure your body is hungry as much as possible. I do fasted cardio in the AM to rev the old metabolism up and keep this heart somewhat healthy.

What are some of the other things you all do to help yourselves be hungry?

i have a set breaks at certain times, i also have to sneak off to stuff something down.

if i didnt feel like eating at my breaktime thats it, i cant say to my boss give me another hour and ill eat then.

i assume all you guys that eat when hungry have free reign over lunch breaks etc??

I'm in the same boat as you and my boss finaly pulled me aside for an ass chewing and i explained that i take less breaks than the guys that smoke do and my breaks last about as long as their (maybe 10 min) so i asked why is he disscriminating against me because i don't smoke? he just looked at me puzzled and said ok that makes sense and walked off.
Bring it to his attention that way and see what he says

Well said, and a great post! :headbang:

Well

I am so proud of TKAV......what a student he has been....eating when hungry is a science.......it sounds basic and simple but ITS NOT.....this is why I train people for 1 full year so they understand what I mean by eat when hungry.........certain macros.....we change macros around to find the right mix.......BUT, we gotta give it time to see how it works.....dont ditch something in 1-2 weeks.......its a learning process.....it does not mean wait until you are starving........or just kinda hungry.......its sorta specififc, but takes time to distinguish if its just thirst, a carb craving, OR muscle calling for food. Its like when I have been telling people to JUST drink when thirsty.........for YEARS now......look at it this way........do you gotta be told WHAT TIME to piss?

Nice post, but I have two rebuttals here.

1) Not everyone has the same appetite. Some people can go 8 hours without being hungry.
2) certain AAS can negatively effect appetite.

Do they still eat while hungry?

1) Not everyone has the same appetite. Some people can go 8 hours without being hungry.

I think that is why they eat foods that'll make them hungrier. Avoiding some foods or eating certain ones in portions make you hungrier or less full, I guess the game is to find which one does that.

You avoid those AAS. Like orals are probably a big no-no. Crushes your appetite.

I do like the post....however, for me personally...sometimes even after going balls to the fckn walls training....my appetite has ALWAYS sucked... ive NEVER wanted to drink that shake in the middle of nite....never wanted a biig breakfast(if i even want anything) for an hour or 2 when i wake up... Anything over 300g of pro throughout the day, and i feel uncomfortable...i do progress...but.... i have noticed that by forcing the few extra shakes down....and dealing with being a lil full...this FOR ME is currentley working....trying to get to about 450g of pro a day(there is no way ever i have been able to MAKE myself want to eat that much protein)... and i dont believe the extra has caused ME personally to get a higher bf%....and i have been gaining lbm being off n natural for over 6 months now...i credit the new gains to extra protein...but i may be wrong...

food choices cold be an issue. Maybe your eating things you dont process so well.

Believe me i understand. I eat all my meals at work standing up while working. and it usually takes me a good 15-20 min to finish a meal just because i have to constantly walk away, do something, and come back to it. On the days that food is really hard to get in, I like LBA's in milk. its not ideal for me, but its food and when your starving all day youll do anything to get food.

1) Not everyone has the same appetite. Some people can go 8 hours without being hungry.Wrong food choices or combination of macronutrient ratios, or theyre simply not training verry hard.
2) certain AAS can negatively effect appetite.Avoid those,no point in taking a drug designed to make you big if you cant eat enough to get there.

Eating when hungry is verry easy to start doing... getting it right on the other hand takes alot of time and practice. you want to figure out how to always be hungry, Ideally you want to need 8-10 meals a day. thats how hungry you want to be. Macro's, food choices, and training can be balanced in a fashion so you stay really hungry.

How much lbm could a person have if they are only hungry every 8 hours?

Sent from my Eris ADR6200 using Tapatalk

Eating when hungry is verry easy to start doing... getting it right on the other hand takes alot of time and practice. you want to figure out how to always be hungry, Ideally you want to need 8-10 meals a day. thats how hungry you want to be. Macro's, food choices, and training can be balanced in a fashion so you stay really hungry.

gotchya. I am like that, I tend to get hungry all the time and could easily put down 8-10 meals.

How much lbm could a person have if they are only hungry every 8 hours?

well I am not saying they don't eat for 8 hours, it's just they are not hungry so they force feed themselves.

gotchya. I am like that, I tend to get hungry all the time and could easily put down 8-10 meals.

well I am not saying they don't eat for 8 hours, it's just they are not hungry so they force feed themselves.

Well for a bodybuilder the whole cycle of eating when hungry revolves around lbm. More lbm is more hunger, and eating more adds lbm, which adds more hunger. Of course there are lots of factors at play here and I'm no expert just talking from my short experience with this. If a person doesn't have much hunger there is a reason, if it were me I would try to find the reason before I force feed. Just my opinion.

I am so proud of TKAV......what a student he has been....eating when hungry is a science.......it sounds basic and simple but ITS NOT.....this is why I train people for 1 full year so they understand what I mean by eat when hungry.........certain macros.....we change macros around to find the right mix.......BUT, we gotta give it time to see how it works.....dont ditch something in 1-2 weeks.......its a learning process.....it does not mean wait until you are starving........or just kinda hungry.......its sorta specififc, but takes time to distinguish if its just thirst, a carb craving, OR muscle calling for food. Its like when I have been telling people to JUST drink when thirsty.........for YEARS now......look at it this way........do you gotta be told WHAT TIME to piss?

Phil you lay it out so a lobotomized monkey could understand it. every once in a while i see alot of threads about diet issues. Not ones having to do with coming into a show super lean and full, but for the rest of the year. and the whole eating when hungry aproach plain old works best.

Will DC's diet pack on mass? absolutely! theres no way it cant with the sheer volume of food. same goes with a lot of other diets. But IMO thats waaaayyyyy too much work. i hate feeling stuffed to the point where im bloated and tired. so to get the same amount of nutrients that someone force feeding gets I just have to eat foods that digest fast, in the right combinations so every time i look around im searching for more food.

In the long run, over the course of a day any diet can get you 400+G of protien, but Phils eat when hungry is the only one that ive ever found that has you craving that much food and not forcing it.

The big misconception here is that when people see eat when hungry they think this...
EAT WHEN HUNGRY = LESS FOOD

When in reality its like this

TRAIN BALLS OUT+RIGHT COMBINATION OF MACROS+ RIGHT FOOD CHOICES = EAT WHEN HUNGRY = MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF FOOD PER DAY.

It's not eating less, its a way to eat MORE.

Yes

Phil you lay it out so a lobotomized monkey could understand it. every once in a while i see alot of threads about diet issues. Not ones having to do with coming into a show super lean and full, but for the rest of the year. and the whole eating when hungry aproach plain old works best.

Will DC's diet pack on mass? absolutely! theres no way it cant with the sheer volume of food. same goes with a lot of other diets. But IMO thats waaaayyyyy too much work. i hate feeling stuffed to the point where im bloated and tired. so to get the same amount of nutrients that someone force feeding gets I just have to eat foods that digest fast, in the right combinations so every time i look around im searching for more food.

In the long run, over the course of a day any diet can get you 400+G of protien, but Phils eat when hungry is the only one that ive ever found that has you craving that much food and not forcing it.

Well, lets face it........this sport is all about RECOVERY.....if you FORCE FEED......your body WORKS hard to process all the EXTRA FOOD....guess what? You are physically TIRED.......THAT is NOT RECOVERING.

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner