over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

eGFR #

marssel

Sponsor / Kilo Club
Registered
Sponsors
So my eGFR has been 90 goin back to 2001 where I started tracking labs, including February of this year. I got lab’s yesterday and it’s 76, which my psych doc is concerned, all I can find on You Tube is CKD stuff. I did travel Thursday-Saturday and on Friday I was working corner for a Muay Thai/MMA tournament which wound up being outdoors and oddly about 90F up until around 10 pm in the shade the venue was outdoors. Being focused on my fighter I actually got severely dehydrated to the point I almost was taken to ER but there was only one bus left and the fights woukdve stopped without one there, other people had taken them dunno if it was fighters or heat casualties. Anyway that was Friday so 48 hours prior to test but the CKD website basically says that 76 is normal still but I don’t want to have it stay there so the question is coukd it be the stressful weekend? Also apparently being heavy, heavily muscled, high protein diet can all affect this test, yes I know I should get another test and I will but just off hand have any of y’all ever had your eGFR go below 90 and was it an issue. I’m 45 and white (apparently race matters) and big obviously but all other blood kidney markers are normal. I need to get a UA with my own pee I had to use someone else’s at this test bc I lose my benefits if there’s thc in my urine. That said I feel amazing and drink 1.5-2.5 gallons of water a day and have no issues urinating in effort or volume. Thanks for any input gents. Again I know it’s one test just thoughts and advice.

Get your Cystatin C tested so you aren't guessing anymore. It's the kidney blood test that really matters.

I thought so too I’m gonna retest next week. I just seem to think from YT videos that once your eFGR starts going down it doesn’t really go back up give or take 10 which in the case of this weekend woukd put me back up around 90. Thanks for input.

Get your Cystatin C tested so you aren't guessing anymore. It's the kidney blood test that really matters.
I’ll ask the VA to do that thanks bro.

I’ll ask the VA to do that thanks bro.
The problem with eGFR is it can fluctuate a lot and has a tendency to be reduced in bodybuilders but it's not because of weakened kidney function. The Cystatin C test is a much more reliable marker of kidney function.

I thought so too I’m gonna retest next week. I just seem to think from YT videos that once your eFGR starts going down it doesn’t really go back up give or take 10 which in the case of this weekend woukd put me back up around 90. Thanks for input.

Are you already using Astragalus?

The problem with eGFR is it can fluctuate a lot and has a tendency to be reduced in bodybuilders but it's not because of weakened kidney function. The Cystatin C test is a much more reliable marker of kidney function.
I guess you mean creatinine because you can calculate eGFR from cystatin C too. It's better but not super accurate either. There's many things that can screw the reading up. Bp meds, hgh use, thyroid issues, dehydration etc. My eGFR from cystatin c made 25 point jump within a two week period because of dehydration.

This. What was the creatinine number they used to calculate the egfr? 2023 doctor's still using egfr to scare people. It's nothing more than creatinine plugged into a formula to guess gfr. Similar to me watching you do a set of squats to failure for reps then plugging it into a calculator using a formula I found online and declaring i know your 1 rep max.

Are you already using Astragalus?
No im guessing I should, I understand it fluctuates in bodybuilders and appreciate guys saying it mine has just never not been 90 on the nose and oddly my liver is totally normal and im taking 30 turn and 10 halo here and there, now I took none the 4 days of the fight weekend, but if my liver is even 150 I don’t sweat it but if the kidneys get hurt they don’t bounce back so I ordered himalaya kidney care and I’ll grad astragalus too.

Reactions: Bio
This. What was the creatinine number they used to calculate the egfr? 2023 doctor's still using egfr to scare people. It's nothing more than creatinine plugged into a formula to guess gfr. Similar to me watching you do a set of squats to failure for reps then plugging it into a calculator using a formula I found online and declaring i know your 1 rep max.
Lol thanks yea I watched a yt video showing that and it seemed shakey so I’m glad you said it my creatinine was square in the middle of normal can’t remember the number off hand but I saw it and it was literally like spot on middle of “normal” range.

I guess you mean creatinine because you can calculate eGFR from cystatin C too. It's better but not super accurate either. There's many things that can screw the reading up. Bp meds, hgh use, thyroid issues, dehydration etc. My eGFR from cystatin c made 25 point jump within a two week period because of dehydration.
It was creatinine I’m asking for the other but I got so dehydrated fight weekend, I’m a coach but I weigh twice what the fighters do, from doin cardio with them and being distracted plus the venue was outside when I finally realized how bad I was my body tried to puke the water up which has NEVER happened before. Not even on lasix in prep.

eGFR calculations in laboratories are false if you have above average muscle mass - because laboratories do not take body weight into account in their calculation, but you can calculate your true eGFR by knowing your creatinine and urea levels

I’m 45 and white (apparently race matters) and big obviously but all other blood kidney markers are normal. I need to get a UA with my own pee I had to use someone else’s at this test bc I lose my benefits if there’s thc in my urine.
Am I reading it right?

The whole post is actually about the eGFR of someone else as you didn't give your own urine?

I've never had my EGFR test as high as 90 LOL. Honestly haven't read the thread but, cystatin-c + 24 hour creatinine clearance test, use your current bloods + those two tests to get a better picture. No need to panic

I've never had my EGFR test as high as 90 LOL. Honestly haven't read the thread but, cystatin-c + 24 hour creatinine clearance test, use your current bloods + those two tests to get a better picture. No need to panic

Nailed it

1. Creatinine clearance > CystatinC > eGFR
2. Use these in concert with blood values to evaluate
3. Being dehydrated can skew readings.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner