over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

eGFR #

VI

Low Cystatin C

Causes

Causes shown below have been associated with low cystatin C. Work with your doctor or another health care professional to get an accurate diagnosis. Your doctor will interpret this test, taking into account your medical history, symptoms, and other test results.

Initial studies suggest these may decrease cystatin C:

• Hypothyroidism [44, 45, 46, 92]
  • Prolonged broadband noise exposure (e.g. from jet engines) [93]
  • Kawasaki disease (blood vessel inflammation in children) [94]
  • Neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorders (inflammatory disorders of the nervous system) [95]
  • Bladder cancer [96]
  • Genetics [97, 53]

Low Cystatin C in Disease

Lower cystatin C levels have been associated with a higher risk of:

• Cognitive dysfunction and Alzheimer’s disease [4, 97, 98]
  • Hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis) [13, 9]
  • Aneurysms [13, 99]
Cystatin C’s role is to break down other proteins. It’s possible that when there is less cystatin C, some proteins don’t get broken down efficiently, causing issues in the body.

For example, in a study that followed over 1.9k seniors (>70) over 11 years, lower cystatin C was associated with a higher risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease, independently of age, APOE4 genotype, diabetes, and other risk factors. A 0.1-μmol/L decrease of cystatin C between ages 70 and 77 was associated with a 29% higher risk of incident Alzheimer’s disease [98].

VII

Increasing Cystatin C​

The most important thing is to work with your doctor to find out what’s causing your low cystatin C and to treat any underlying conditions.

In addition, it may be of benefit to monitor your blood vessel and brain health. These can help your blood vessel and brain health:

• Staying physically, mentally, and socially active
  • Avoiding tobacco and excess alcohol
  • Consuming a healthy diet
  • Maintaining a healthy weight
Scientists are still learning about the importance of cystatin C and its function in the body. Stay tuned, we will update the post with new information as soon as it becomes available.

So my eGFR has been 90 goin back to 2001 where I started tracking labs, including February of this year. I got lab’s yesterday and it’s 76, which my psych doc is concerned, all I can find on You Tube is CKD stuff. I did travel Thursday-Saturday and on Friday I was working corner for a Muay Thai/MMA tournament which wound up being outdoors and oddly about 90F up until around 10 pm in the shade the venue was outdoors. Being focused on my fighter I actually got severely dehydrated to the point I almost was taken to ER but there was only one bus left and the fights woukdve stopped without one there, other people had taken them dunno if it was fighters or heat casualties. Anyway that was Friday so 48 hours prior to test but the CKD website basically says that 76 is normal still but I don’t want to have it stay there so the question is coukd it be the stressful weekend? Also apparently being heavy, heavily muscled, high protein diet can all affect this test, yes I know I should get another test and I will but just off hand have any of y’all ever had your eGFR go below 90 and was it an issue. I’m 45 and white (apparently race matters) and big obviously but all other blood kidney markers are normal. I need to get a UA with my own pee I had to use someone else’s at this test bc I lose my benefits if there’s thc in my urine. That said I feel amazing and drink 1.5-2.5 gallons of water a day and have no issues urinating in effort or volume. Thanks for any input gents. Again I know it’s one test just thoughts and advice.
I've been through kidney transplant so I am very familiar with these things.
What was your creatinine levels at?
The eGFR is calculated and depends on creatinine and age formula. But if your eGFR continues to decline, I would be very worried.
I would stop the gear for now and get retested. Make sure they give you your creatinine levels as well.

I've been through kidney transplant so I am very familiar with these things.
What was your creatinine levels at?
The eGFR is calculated and depends on creatinine and age formula. But if your eGFR continues to decline, I would be very worried.
I would stop the gear for now and get retested. Make sure they give you your creatinine levels as well.
Marssel says thanks and he'll let his buddy know. ;)

Ok then why even make a post about this or even think about the test results when its not even your piss ?
They test blood creatinine level was my understanding? If I’m wrong I’m sorry for the post man the doctor made an emergency call to have me go see my pcp so I looked at my labs and ldl low as usual and blood a tiny bit thick but eGFR only thing out of range that hasn’t been off since 2003 shit my liver is in range taking turnabol and winny tabs daily. So I am baffled.

No need to be sorry. Im not a doctor either but a simple google search came up with this

Your healthcare team will do a simple blood test to find out your eGFR. They will also do a urine albumin-to-creatinine ratio (UACR), which shows if you have protein (albumin) in the urine. Protein in the urine may mean you have kidney damage. Control blood pressure if you have high blood pressure.

Yes according to my understanding eGFR is based on serum (blood) creatinine, the 24 hour test is urine

No need to be sorry. Im not a doctor either but a simple google search came up with this

Your healthcare team will do a simple blood test to find out your eGFR. They will also do a urine albumin-to-creatinine ratio (UACR), which shows if you have protein (albumin) in the urine. Protein in the urine may mean you have kidney damage. Control blood pressure if you have high blood pressure.
Yea there was no blood in the urine but the test is all on the blood brother.

Im not sure exactly how it works but either way i would wait till you could do things properly before getting to concerned

Im not sure exactly how it works but either way i would wait till you could do things properly before getting to concerned
Yea thanks to all y’all for chilling me out and the info, I’ve never been concerned with it bc no family kidney issues and never had high BP even at max weight so I panicked

Dude no way. I’ve pissed hot for numerous things and still gotten some pretty epic scripts.
Not my docs zero tolerance and I need my valium been on it over a decade.

Not my docs zero tolerance and I need my valium been on it over a decade.
Lol I got the same script and have had THC in UA and fully admit it. The only people I have heard of having issues are certain pain management veterans

Lol I got the same script and have had THC in UA and fully admit it. The only people I have heard of having issues are certain pain management veterans
We’ll you’re lucky bc I took an edible a few years ago and popped and she cancelled my script I had to go thru a patient advocate to talk to a fucking admiral awho reinstated my scripts but said a positive for anything else and I’d be on. A 90 taper. Which after 10 years would fuck me up if I didn’t go out and get street benzos but no one has valium just Xanax which is an addiction I don’t want.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131