over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

EGGS for muscle building

Bull_Nuts

Registered
A few questions on eggs here...

It is my primary source of protein...I have 6 shakes a day...but when I say shakes Im not talking about store bought...

I put 1 scoop of protein powder(simply to supplement the egg protein) 6 eggs and water...that is primarily it.

I drink one of these with breakfast, mid-morning, lunch, mid-afternoon, dinner and befor bedtime.

Sometimes I do whole eggs, sometimes only 2 whole and the remaining white.

How much of a difference does the yolk make?

Is it better for muscle building to keep them whole?

Does that outweigh the fat or does the extra fat outweight the cholesterol issues associated with eggs?

I have been still loosing bodyfat when doing days where I use the whole egg...

If I want to do a clean bulk is the yolk more beneficial in maximum muscle growth?

Any help is good

BN

Whole eggs are def the way to go but try to source them from a local farmer so you are getting the highest quality you can.

I think you would benefit from more whole foods and trying to get in protein from other sources than just eggs.

Vary your diet so you don't get bored.

uncooked egg protein has very poor bioavailability.
plus i think you are really setting yourself at risk for salmonella by eating 36 uncooked eggs a day.

check your eggs. Chickens are omnivours, and need animal protein from insects that they get when they are truly free range chickens. Everything from their meat to their eggs are better. other than that if you're getting leaner and maintaining or increasing strength you're building muscle so stick with what you're doing. I do think maybe a combination of yolk free and whole egg shakes may be a good idea.

plus i think you are really setting yourself at risk for salmonella by eating 36 uncooked eggs a day.

Does the pasteurization process of egg whites, like egg beaters, make them more bioavailable? Pasturization heats it to kill bacteria, I've read it has the same effect on increasing bioavailability of the protein as well because it's enough heat to also break down the protein digestion inhibitor (Avidin) and give the benefit if a cooked egg.

Last edited:
Egg white

There is are companies that sell egg whites in Gallon containers and they are pasteurized. They claim these whites do not need to be cooked and are 100% bio-available as a protein drink. 26 grams of protein/cup of egg white.

They are little more expensive but might be a great alternative you are looking for, if you can afford it.

I bought a few gallons last year but haven't really ordered any since then. They are convenient, especially if you get pressed for time or just plain sick of cracking eggs. They even come with a pump to fill your pan or cups.

I'm thinking about trying it again once I have my full gear arsenal in place.

Does the pasteurization process of egg whites, like egg beaters, make them more bioavailable? Pasturization heats it to kill bacteria, I've read it has the same effect on increasing bioavailability of the protein as well because it's enough heat to also break down the protein digestion inhibitor (Avidin) and give the benefit if a cooked egg.

Simple answer, yes.

If truly free roaming I dont think you can get a better source of protein. The more yokes I eat (soft boiled so fat not harmed) the better my Hdl

There is are companies that sell egg whites in Gallon containers and they are pasteurized. They claim these whites do not need to be cooked and are 100% bio-available as a protein drink. 26 grams of protein/cup of egg white.

They are little more expensive but might be a great alternative you are looking for, if you can afford it.

I bought a few gallons last year but haven't really ordered any since then. They are convenient, especially if you get pressed for time or just plain sick of cracking eggs. They even come with a pump to fill your pan or cups.

I'm thinking about trying it again once I have my full gear arsenal in place.

I get 6 bottles of 10 eggwhites at Costco for $10. 50g of prot per bottle.

I've never noticed those at Costco, but then I really never looked either. I will check it out.

Is it pasteurized?

They cost a fortune in the uk. Then you have to have the large bottle in approx 3 days. I am gonna look for them in our Costco to see how much they are.

The yolks are a must and I would have a lot. But if your having 6 shakes a day so 36 eggs I would do what your doing and have them mixed. Personally I would do 2 yolks per shake with the 6 whites if your gonna have 6 shakes.

I went on a raw egg kick for a while straight from the shell but now it upsets my stomach.

I add probably 1/2 cup of liquid egg whites to my shakes tho.

Good stuff!!

Not sure about the bioavailability...I use them to up my total protein amount.

Does the amount of raw eggs I eat increase the risk of salmonella? BAH...bullshit...maybe...but so fucking what...I have eaten 36 raw eggs a day for the last 49 days and my digestion has NEVER BEEN BETTER...

Prior to that I was on cycle for 6 months eating the same amount and NO PROBLEMS WITH SALMONELLA...NEVER EVER EVER EVEN ONCE...

but now that you bring it up you PROBABLY JYNXED ME....

Whole eggs are def the way to go but try to source them from a local farmer so you are getting the highest quality you can.

I think you would benefit from more whole foods and trying to get in protein from other sources than just eggs.

Vary your diet so you don't get bored.

Eggs are a WHOLE FOOD...and its only in my shakes...as apposed to pre-digested powder shakes....I opt for the eggs over the powder shakes...in short I ONLY use 1 scoop muscle milk in each of my shakes just to add flavor. My shakes are 80-85% WHOLE FOOD

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK EGGS IS ALL I EAT? the thread is about eggs and that is why I didnt mention any of my other sources...

I also eat beans and a variation of chicken breast, turkey, fish, or shrimp in the amounts of 1-1.5lbs/day spaced out in my meals...

Main reason I eat so many eggs is I HATE PROTEIN SHAKES...when i say protein shakes Im talking the powder add water or milk ones...

You mention variation so I don't get bored...BOREDOM IS A GIVEN...HELLO...ESPECIALLY SINCE IM ADD...but for real...whats more boring than chewing on boiled chicken...I REST MY CASE...

check your eggs. Chickens are omnivours, and need animal protein from insects that they get when they are truly free range chickens. Everything from their meat to their eggs are better. other than that if you're getting leaner and maintaining or increasing strength you're building muscle so stick with what you're doing. I do think maybe a combination of yolk free and whole egg shakes may be a good idea.

Im gaining weight and getting leaner as I go...I have never been in better shape...I feel GREAT TOO....

NO DIGESTION PROBLEMS, ENERGY THROUGH THE ROOF...ETC...

Endurance could be better but Im on tren...so...

Last edited:
If anyone buys organic eggs, here is a cool link to check out their rating compared to other brands...

**broken link removed**

Try ALOT more expensive.... MuscleEgg and Egg Whites International to name a couple... phenomenal stuff... but at $29.00 a gallon??... My Costco just recently started carrying the 6(16oz) pack for 9 bucks and change....the quality may not be the same but I just don't think it warrants the price difference.

I've never noticed those at Costco, but then I really never looked either. I will check it out.

Is it pasteurized?

Sure is. I drink about half the carton(25g) and put a scoop of true protein in with it so it has flavor.

I eat 8-12 whole eggs a day normally but they are from chickens that live their life out roaming around my parents property eating whatever and actually they will eat on the carcasses of fist when we clean them after a trip , chickens are like hogs , they will eat and digest ANYTHING.
adding these eggs to 90% of my red meat being free ranged beef or wild game my cholesterol is well beyond perfect

they will eat and digest ANYTHING.

aside from alkaselzer or gas causing foods...haha

the best eggs I ever ate were from free range chickens that would often times eat the maggots out of rabbit shit on my grandma's farm...

YUMMY

The infamous study claiming poor bio-availability was done with raw egg white not whole raw egg.

Taking raw whole eggs along with HCl contributed to some of the best gains I've ever made.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws