advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Elbow tendonitis and forearm tightness...

Mickey23

Registered
Anyone else consistently have problems with elbow tendonitis (tennis elbow) and forearm tightness? This has been hampering my training for the past 3 years. If one arm doesn't have it then the other one does. I can't seem to get rid of it and I've tried everything from cortisone injections to icing every night and stretching.

When I sleep I tend to curl my arms up towards me and I believe its been the cause of my problems. Anyone else? :banghead:

Do you do tricep extensions (lying or behind the head) or any kind of brachioradialis emphasized movement ( reverse curl, hammer curl , pinwheel curl)

Forearm is the root of your elbow problem I bet there are some stretches you can do with your wrists that help to improve the flexibility and ROM of forearms they can be googled for epicondylitis (sp?). Tennis elbow.

Do you do tricep extensions (lying or behind the head) or any kind of brachioradialis emphasized movement ( reverse curl, hammer curl , pinwheel curl)

No, I haven't done any of them the past few years because of it. I know what aggravates it and yes, they do.

Forearm is the root of your elbow problem I bet there are some stretches you can do with your wrists that help to improve the flexibility and ROM of forearms they can be googled for epicondylitis (sp?). Tennis elbow.

Yes I believe it is the root of the problem and I do try and stretch them as much as possible. I just don't understand why after all these years its happening to me now. Weird.

No, I haven't done any of them the past few years because of it. I know what aggravates it and yes, they do.

Yes I believe it is the root of the problem and I do try and stretch them as much as possible. I just don't understand why after all these years its happening to me now. Weird.

One year I had someone do deep tissue on my forearm it was jacked all too hell.
Could be a possibility, extensors get 'ropey'.
Just considering the possibilities as to why now.

One year I had someone do deep tissue on my forearm it was jacked all too hell.
Could be a possibility, extensors get 'ropey'.
Just considering the possibilities as to why now.

I've actually tried massaging the tendon that seems to cause most of the pain as much as I can and it seems to help it.

It sounds like you have scar tissue built up in the arm. Scar tissue. Adhesion. Fibrosis. The words are different, but the concepts are the same. This dense, fibrous tissue affects us all and is an underlying factor in many injuries. Scar tissue binds up and ties down tissues that need to move freely. As scar tissue builds up, muscles become shorter and weaker. Tension on tendons causes tendinosis. Nerves can become trapped. All these problems can cause reduced range of motion, loss of strength, and pain as well as tingling, numbness, and weakness.

I've been going to a PT for this regularly. A good sign to check for is numbness, whenever pressure is applied to said area for a brief amount of time when the pressure is removed scar tissue will still be applying pressure on the nerves the hand and fingers go numb.

Deep tissue work helps a lot. BPC157 seems to be the miracle treatment for tennis elbow right now amongst other things. Sure healed my shoulder quick and next I'm going to hit the elbow.

I've been going to a PT for this regularly. A good sign to check for is numbness, whenever pressure is applied to said area for a brief amount of time when the pressure is removed scar tissue will still be applying pressure on the nerves the hand and fingers go numb.

I have this kind of numbness. Get it in both arms in my last 2 fingers, ring and pinky. Guess I really need to get it worked on :(

Deep tissue work helps a lot. BPC157 seems to be the miracle treatment for tennis elbow right now amongst other things. Sure healed my shoulder quick and next I'm going to hit the elbow.

Thanks for the suggestion but what is BCP157?

Anyone else consistently have problems with elbow tendonitis (tennis elbow) and forearm tightness? This has been hampering my training for the past 3 years. If one arm doesn't have it then the other one does. I can't seem to get rid of it and I've tried everything from cortisone injections to icing every night and stretching.

When I sleep I tend to curl my arms up towards me and I believe its been the cause of my problems. Anyone else? :banghead:

I had it for 3 months and it wasn't improving. The pain was so bad I would yelp when I did my first rep on curls. Then I decided to try the peptide BPC-157 in a way I had never heard of anyone using it. I injected 250mcg directly into the tendon about an inch or two above the elbow where it was the most painful everyday until I went through one 5mg vial for each elbow. Much to my surprise it didn't cause me pain injecting into the tendon. It did make a crunchy sound when the slin pin penitrated the tendon. Anyway, I managed to heal both elbows approximately 75% off one 5mg vial of BPC-157 for each elbow. I sometimes injected into the forearm as well where it hurt. The remaining 25% I let heal on it's own. My elbows are fine now. The two vials of BPC-157 run you $45 after BOGO. If you haven't tried BPC-157 for any injuries you have, you'll be amazed at how fast the healing takes place.

Yeah I was pretty surprised how fast it worked. I love the stuff.

You have many options in regards as what to do. BUT the most important thing is don't continue to train it. Even if its been a couple weeks and you feel it's fine just don't. If you do you will tear it. That's going to suck and the medical bill will be even worse. Get physical therapy asap. Because it will only get worse otherwise.

It sounds like you have scar tissue built up in the arm. Scar tissue. Adhesion. Fibrosis. The words are different, but the concepts are the same. This dense, fibrous tissue affects us all and is an underlying factor in many injuries. Scar tissue binds up and ties down tissues that need to move freely. As scar tissue builds up, muscles become shorter and weaker. Tension on tendons causes tendinosis. Nerves can become trapped. All these problems can cause reduced range of motion, loss of strength, and pain as well as tingling, numbness, and weakness.

Same here. Regular treatments with massage, laser, and ultrasound from the PT with stretching and ROM warm up prior to and after back and bicep work. PT also has me stretching the chest every upper body workout. All the nerves run through the chest to the forearms and tightness there can affect things further down.

I had this on and off for years and the only thing that treated it was to make all my training movements neutral grip - it is aggravated by the supinated wrist position as our wrists arent meant to be in this position with load on them.

Even pronated grip on chinups flares it up sometimes.

The absolute worst movement for it are straight bar bicep curls and reverse curls.

Hammer curls, dumbbell curls are fine as the wrist will compensate as required.

PRP injections. If you have it 3 years then its probably tendinosis and very hard to heal. Prp or regular blood injections plus rehab should fix it.

I had patella tendinosis for 9 years and tried everything but it always came back. Then saw a sports doc who gave 2 blood injections over 6 weeks. Totally cured it.

Last edited:
voodoo bands and or ART therapy

did you elbow gradually start to hurt over time or was there a sudden movement that kicked off the whole process??

my last bout of tennis/golfers (mine was actually golfers) elbow i was able to heal it using a flex bar. in a nutshell you are healing and re-building using negatives.

**broken link removed**

got mine from amazon

I have tennis elbow pretty bad...it was to the point where lifting a fork to my mouth was really painful.

I got one of those braces for tennis elbow that goes right below the elbow and its like I have a brand new elbow...its not completely healed but its so much better now.
I have a lot of completely pain free days and it seems to be improving every week.
don't dread doing biceps anymore.

ive been using NSAIDs regularly too and i think that's been a big part of it healing.

Last edited:

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner