over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Elevated PSA level in 31yr old

scrapper13

Kilo Klub Member
I recently consulted with local doctor who specializes in HRT. To sum up my history, I used both AAS and HGH in moderate dosages from the age of 23-29. Before considering TRT as an option the doctor put me through a blood and urine tests to check my levels. Included in the blood work was a test for PSA. This test is not usually given to men under the age of 50, however because of my circumstances he threw it in. Yesterday I got my results back and everything was perfect, with the exception of my PSA which was at a level of 1.7. That level would not be of concern for a male in his 50s, however for my age(31) it is significantly higher than it should be. The doctor said <1 is optimal. He told me we would monitor it and I did not think much of it until i got home and did some research on the internet. After scaring myself shitless, I made an appointment with a urologist today. The urologist took a new blood sample(results will be in on Friday) and then performed a DRE(finger up the butthole) He said that my prostate felt perfectly benign and was the proper size for an individual my age. He also pointed out that I had ejaculated within 24 hours of both my last bloodwork and the blood work I had done today and that this can increase the levels. If the levels came back high again on friday he said he would have me abstain for 72 hours and retake the blood work. He also told me not to stress it, but obviously I am when the C word is involved. Has anyone one here who is younger had a similar experience?

I recently consulted with local doctor who specializes in HRT. To sum up my history, I used both AAS and HGH in moderate dosages from the age of 23-29. Before considering TRT as an option the doctor put me through a blood and urine tests to check my levels. Included in the blood work was a test for PSA. This test is not usually given to men under the age of 50, however because of my circumstances he threw it in. Yesterday I got my results back and everything was perfect, with the exception of my PSA which was at a level of 1.7. That level would not be of concern for a male in his 50s, however for my age(31) it is significantly higher than it should be. The doctor said <1 is optimal. He told me we would monitor it and I did not think much of it until i got home and did some research on the internet. After scaring myself shitless, I made an appointment with a urologist today. The urologist took a new blood sample(results will be in on Friday) and then performed a DRE(finger up the butthole) He said that my prostate felt perfectly benign and was the proper size for an individual my age. He also pointed out that I had ejaculated within 24 hours of both my last bloodwork and the blood work I had done today and that this can increase the levels. If the levels came back high again on friday he said he would have me abstain for 72 hours and retake the blood work. He also told me not to stress it, but obviously I am when the C word is involved. Has anyone one here who is younger had a similar experience?

Your urologist is correct :) I would not sweat it right now. No family hx of dad/brother/uncle getting Prostate cancer at early age?

The recheck is the right thing to do. Then just watch the trend. You may be getting DRE's yearly now, instead of getting them at 50 years old and beyond. :-/ (new guidelines start at age 54 unless risk factors)

I had prostatitis in college and it had my PSA a little elevated for awhile even after it resolved. I had it checked a few years later and it was fine.

My advice is to not get too stressed out by what you've read online. The chances are very, VERY low that you've got prostate cancer.

I have seen it in men less than 40, they are almost always Afr American, and they usually have PSA over 3 or 4, and most have a + family history as well.

Thank you for the positive words. No, there is no history of prostate cancer in any family member and I am caucasian. My prostate is not enlarge which basically rules out BPH and I don't have any symptoms of prostatitis(everything is functioning as it should)

Your urologist is correct :) I would not sweat it right now. No family hx of dad/brother/uncle getting Prostate cancer at early age?

The recheck is the right thing to do. Then just watch the trend. You may be getting DRE's yearly now, instead of getting them at 50 years old and beyond. :-/ (new guidelines start at age 54 unless risk factors)

I had prostatitis in college and it had my PSA a little elevated for awhile even after it resolved. I had it checked a few years later and it was fine.

My advice is to not get too stressed out by what you've read online. The chances are very, VERY low that you've got prostate cancer.

I have seen it in men less than 40, they are almost always Afr American, and they usually have PSA over 3 or 4, and most have a + family history as well.

Ejaculation within 24 hours can almost double the PSA in some cases...especially if its within 24 hours. There have been some pretty widespread studies concerning that...I remember seeing a guy who was normally 1.7 come back at 4 in some past literature

Can I piggyback on here a bit? I found out a year ago after my maternal granddad died that he had had prostate cancer since he was MY age. He kept it a secret for over 30 years apparently. They monitor him and everything was I guess stable for all that time so he never had any major intervention.

I have been having issues the last couple years with urine frequency and stream strength etc. So thay scared me and i went to my PCP. She checked my psa and it was fine, so she didn't think I needed a digital exam.

Should I do something?

were you on any aas at the time?

dhts seem to fuck with psa numbers.

Negative, been off everything for 3 plus years

how were e, p, t, free t and igf?

I don't have the numbers on me, but everything other than the PSA was perfect and thats coming from a doc who specializes in HRT. nothing else was even close to borderline. My hope is that its just because i had sex the night before the test.

I don't have the numbers on me, but everything other than the PSA was perfect and thats coming from a doc who specializes in HRT. nothing else was even close to borderline. My hope is that its just because i had sex the night before the test.

I would say that's your culprit.

You don't do any cycling do you? Not steroid cycling... Bicycling?

I would say that's your culprit.

You don't do any cycling do you? Not steroid cycling... Bicycling?

I warm up on the bike before the gym but I'm talking like 10 minutes, not enough to be a factor IMO

Can I piggyback on here a bit? I found out a year ago after my maternal granddad died that he had had prostate cancer since he was MY age. He kept it a secret for over 30 years apparently. They monitor him and everything was I guess stable for all that time so he never had any major intervention.

I have been having issues the last couple years with urine frequency and stream strength etc. So thay scared me and i went to my PCP. She checked my psa and it was fine, so she didn't think I needed a digital exam.

Should I do something?

What is your age?

Second round of blood work came back, PSA was 1.8 this time(1.7 last week) Next step is for me to abstain from any form of ejaculation for 48 hours and get retested. If that came back high, he said a biopsy would be appropriate. Appointment scheduled for Monday, not gonna lie I am terrified.

Second round of blood work came back, PSA was 1.8 this time(1.7 last week) Next step is for me to abstain from any form of ejaculation for 48 hours and get retested. If that came back high, he said a biopsy would be appropriate. Appointment scheduled for Monday, not gonna lie I am terrified.

And he's ruled out prostatitis or a UTI?

And he's ruled out prostatitis or a UTI?

I'm not sure to be honest bro. He's one of the top PC surgeons in the NYC area, so I'm just following his lead.

Ejaculation within 24 hours can almost double the PSA in some cases...especially if its within 24 hours. There have been some pretty widespread studies concerning that...I remember seeing a guy who was normally 1.7 come back at 4 in some past literature

That's a very significant increase,,,extremely interesting.

Heading to the urologist tomorrow afternoon to get tested after abstaining since Friday. Should have the results by Wednesday and I guess we will go from there. The more I read the more scary this is. Even though PC is fairly treatable it can really mess with your man stuff and for somebody my age I'm not ready to live like that. Makes you think back about all the AAS and HGH Ive put in my body and wonder if it was worth it. Hopefully I'll be back here with some good news and this will be a learning experience only.

Hey I've read these too and though it does give me some hope I'm just not sure that my levels could be from having sex. The third study you posted showed a mean increase of 54%. My level was 1.8 so even if that was up 54% it would mean my normal level is 1.2 which is still well above where it should be at my age.

Id stop reading stuff online, i cant tell u how many times i was sure i had some disease or problem from blood work and turned out to be nothing

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonyfits