over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Endocrinologist shortage?

I wonder how this benefits them? Always thought insurance was part of the cash cow that feeds big pharma?

Create problems. Have doctor diagnose, then sell the cure. Insurance premium and tax dollars for people on government health care are what feeds the system? Do they have enough rich people that they don't need insurance dollars?
Big Pharma and internists two different worlds. Traditionally, yes, most internist would live off insurance reimbursements. But now you have a new generation of doctors and some a few years from retirement who are like “why the fuck did I spend a decade in school and go into debt half a million dollars for this shit?!?!”. This is their way of cashing in. And yeah, Boca Raton has enough rich people to feed this - but it don’t make it right…

Insurance payments are drying up, across all specialties. Medicare is abt the worse. There's some percentage (i forget what though but its not high) of medicare patients you can have in a practice before its not sustainable financially. There are clinics that like "specialize" in taking predominantly medicare pts but they also get subsidies from the govt to be able to keep operating. IMO, from what i have read and discussed w docs i know, its really the insurance companies that drive this. Always looking to reduce payments and demanding more and more documentation and requirements to qualify for the payments. The docs I've talked with HATE being lumped in/associated with the insurance companies like somehow theyre accomplices. They despise the insurance companies as much as every day people.
It would be cool if there was actually a non-profit insurance company with the goal of actually paying for patient care rather than just trying to make profits

Insurance payments are drying up, across all specialties. Medicare is abt the worse. There's some percentage (i forget what though but its not high) of medicare patients you can have in a practice before its not sustainable financially. There are clinics that like "specialize" in taking predominantly medicare pts but they also get subsidies from the govt to be able to keep operating. IMO, from what i have read and discussed w docs i know, its really the insurance companies that drive this. Always looking to reduce payments and demanding more and more documentation and requirements to qualify for the payments. The docs I've talked with HATE being lumped in/associated with the insurance companies like somehow theyre accomplices. They despise the insurance companies as much as every day people.
It would be cool if there was actually a non-profit insurance company with the goal of actually paying for patient care rather than just trying to make profits

Exactly! Our medical system is fucked up beyond belief! It's these damn insurance companies that create so many hoops for the doctors to jump through just to get reimbursement. There is so much paperwork, documentation, and BS that the doctors have to do for each patient that it is impossible to spend enough individual time with a patient to give the quality of care they deserve. The docs are so frustrated and burned out from it all; which only makes things worse. That is why many of the docs are leaving the traditional system and going to the concierge model. That way they can spend more time with the patients, doing what they love, and give good quality care. Unfortunately, as already mentioned, it leaves those who can afford it with better care and as well as it depletes the number of docs, creating a shortage in the traditional system.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131