over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Essential supplements

***Melatonin should have been on the same line as PQQ, Astaxanthin, and Pterostilbene since it is a master anti-oxidant.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Also left out a good Fiber product. I use Fiberlyze at the moment.

Last edited:
APIGENIN

It's interesting you mention Apigenin. I've been taking it daily for the last three months. What does Dante have in the works?

***Melatonin should have been on the same line as PQQ, Astaxanthin, and Pterostilbene since it is a master anti-oxidant.

I hate to hijack this board, but I use all three of these. They aren't necessarily essential, but are to me. Great post, Knight

What is essential? It depends on the health, goals and period of an athlete.

But in my case there are only a handful of supplements that have a place:

Whey, casein, Omega 3, caffeine, magnesium, vitafiber, melatonin, creatine, taurine, vitamin C and multi-vitamins.

I will go as far as to say that GW is essential. Especially if you have cholesterol related issues and/or are using gear. My thoughts are low dose GW is good year round.

I can't quantify the extent of your research but you seem to have always liked identifying something uncommon. The fact that no major company or formulator, and no one we hold high in the industry suggests novasol...it's a real hard sell for me.
And for every new and rare formulation is a mountain of marketing hoopla to accompany it. Somewhere along the way they lost sight of simply being informative and transparent.

Meriva and BCM-95 seem to be the ones always cited in our community and there's got to be a reason for that.

Well, I have a membership on consumerlab.com and they added research relating to novasol that seemed to kind of support the claims of it being more bioavailable. They aren't selling anything either. I would share what they said but the site has some kind of block on copying and pasting their text. I'm not saying it was overwhelmingly positive that it was the best or anything. I don't really see any overwhelming evidence any other form is the best either. It is sold by three companies now by the way, so they're starting to catch on a little. I think it's safe to say neither you, nor I, really know 100% for sure. I do lean on Novasol though. I've also seen reasons to believe Longvida could be one of the better forms too.

Let me try to find it and take screenshots of what I am talking about on consumerlab since I can't copy/paste

I will go as far as to say that GW is essential. Especially if you have cholesterol related issues and/or are using gear. My thoughts are low dose GW is good year round.

My latest lipids panel tells me GW is the best thing I've ever taken for lipids. I removed that and my LDL got worse. Then I removed citrus bergamot and it got worse again. The best LDL I've ever seen was when I used both. The GW had the stronger impact though, even 10mg. I even improved my diet slightly and added things like a variety of nuts in their place and LDL got worse. My LDL is genetically not that great so I need to re-add them. GW is expensive long term though and there is of course that small thought in my head regarding the rat cancer studies.

Here it is, Knight. So I actually was able to copy paste after all from my phone. Laptop didn’t let me me for whatever reason. Hardly conclusive like I said, but take it for what it’s worth.

A formulation known as NovaSol (Molecular Health Technologies) combines micronized curcumin (7% of the formula) with the surfactant polysorbate 80 (93% of the formula), which leads to the formation of micelles (similar to the effect of bile) that improve dissolution and absorption. A study (co-authored by developers of NovaSol) in adults found this to increase bioavailability 185-fold higher than unformulated curcumin, with both taken in the morning after a 12-hour fast (Schiborr, Mol Nutr Res 2014).

Which form is best -- and how does this affect dose?

An independent analysis of the available studies (the majority of which appear to involve developers or manufacturers of the various formulations) concluded that, compared to the bioavailability of unformulated curcumin, NovaSol has the highest bioavailability (185 X that of unformulated curcumin), followed by Curcuwin (136 X), Longvida (100 X), Meriva (48 X), BCM-95 (27 X), Curcumin C3 Complex+Bioperine (20 X), and then Theracurmin (16 X) (Jamwal, J Integr Med 2018). However, in none of the comparison studies were products taken with a high-fat meal — had they been, it's possible that absorption rates across formulations would be more similar to one another as well as to unformulated curcumin, although Bioperine (or black pepper, from which it's derived) may still further boost curcumin levels as it inhibits the metabolic breakdown of curcumin. If you don't plan on taking your turmeric/curcumin supplement with a meal, it's probably not worth taking any product not formulated to enhance absorption, as you will absorb only a small amount of curcuminoids.

My latest lipids panel tells me GW is the best thing I've ever taken for lipids. I removed that and my LDL got worse. Then I removed citrus bergamot and it got worse again. The best LDL I've ever seen was when I used both. The GW had the stronger impact though, even 10mg. I even improved my diet slightly and added things like a variety of nuts in their place and LDL got worse. My LDL is genetically not that great so I need to re-add them. GW is expensive long term though and there is of course that small thought in my head regarding the rat cancer studies.

What did HDL do? I'm guessing not much since you didn't mentioned it :eek:

What did HDL do? I'm guessing not much since you didn't mentioned it :eek:

Actually went down from 51 to 45! And I was on TRT both times. That was from removing Citrus Bergamot though, not GW.

Here it is, Knight. So I actually was able to copy paste after all from my phone. Laptop didn’t let me me for whatever reason. Hardly conclusive like I said, but take it for what it’s worth.

A formulation known as NovaSol (Molecular Health Technologies) combines micronized curcumin (7% of the formula) with the surfactant polysorbate 80 (93% of the formula), which leads to the formation of micelles (similar to the effect of bile) that improve dissolution and absorption. A study (co-authored by developers of NovaSol) in adults found this to increase bioavailability 185-fold higher than unformulated curcumin, with both taken in the morning after a 12-hour fast (Schiborr, Mol Nutr Res 2014).

Which form is best -- and how does this affect dose?

An independent analysis of the available studies (the majority of which appear to involve developers or manufacturers of the various formulations) concluded that, compared to the bioavailability of unformulated curcumin, NovaSol has the highest bioavailability (185 X that of unformulated curcumin), followed by Curcuwin (136 X), Longvida (100 X), Meriva (48 X), BCM-95 (27 X), Curcumin C3 Complex+Bioperine (20 X), and then Theracurmin (16 X) (Jamwal, J Integr Med 2018). However, in none of the comparison studies were products taken with a high-fat meal — had they been, it's possible that absorption rates across formulations would be more similar to one another as well as to unformulated curcumin, although Bioperine (or black pepper, from which it's derived) may still further boost curcumin levels as it inhibits the metabolic breakdown of curcumin. If you don't plan on taking your turmeric/curcumin supplement with a meal, it's probably not worth taking any product not formulated to enhance absorption, as you will absorb only a small amount of curcuminoids.

A study co-authored by the developers of NovaSol..:naughty:
This is the problem as well....IF they took the time to do all this math and it was all without a high fat meal, WHY didn't they also experiment with a high fat meal and show those results? I'm so tired of the research being fabricated and or half-assed.
Study it all on an empty stomach. Then study it with high fat meals. Then study it with black pepper. Then study it with a high fat meal and black pepper. Let's see true independent research not funded by ONE of the companies...but all or none.

A study co-authored by the developers of NovaSol..:naughty:
This is the problem as well....IF they took the time to do all this math and it was all without a high fat meal, WHY didn't they also experiment with a high fat meal and show those results? I'm so tired of the research being fabricated and or half-assed.
Study it all on an empty stomach. Then study it with high fat meals. Then study it with black pepper. Then study it with a high fat meal and black pepper. Let's see true independent research not funded by ONE of the companies...but all or none.

I agree with you. It’s frustrating there are so many different formulations without a clear cut answer which is the beest.

Actually went down from 51 to 45! And I was on TRT both times. That was from removing Citrus Bergamot though, not GW.

You're the third Guy that stated this today, hope mine won't drop lower than 27 :eek:

Did the other two drop GW or Bergamot?
One of the others is probably me. I posted my results in the peptides section. Basically I went from TRT doses to a small blast all the while taking 10mg of GW and had my total cholesterol drop 50+ points.

HDL went down a few points but I was on about 500mg a week of a few compounds combined. I've ran the gambit of things seeing how they affect HDL....and in my humble opinion......HIIT is the only thing that I've ever notice to make a marked improvement in raising HDL numbers.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

One of the others is probably me. I posted my results in the peptides section. Basically I went from TRT doses to a small blast all the while taking 10mg of GW and had my total cholesterol drop 50+ points.

HDL went down a few points but I was on about 500mg a week of a few compounds combined. I've ran the gambit of things seeing how they affect HDL....and in my humble opinion......HIIT is the only thing that I've ever notice to make a marked improvement in raising HDL numbers.

That GW seems like some special stuff. I have some on the way again. I haven't been taking it for a few months so it's being added back. My LDL will never get back under 100 without it I've found out. I assume you got it from Mike Arnold?

That GW seems like some special stuff. I have some on the way again. I haven't been taking it for a few months so it's being added back. My LDL will never get back under 100 without it I've found out. I assume you got it from Mike Arnold?

Yeah......I have always used Mike as I was using his MK first....so I just started adding it to my orders.

Honestly....it shocked me that it dropped it as much as it did. I was expecting to see a change, but not something that drastic!

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311