over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What are your essential supplements?

Vegan multi vitamin. (My wife is a vegan so I take what she takes.) I am not a vegan.
Don't most vegan-source vitamins, similarly to plant-sourced ALA and omegas, have to be converted once ingested because they are not bioavailable compounds since they are plant sourced? such as with flaxseed

here's my little list I've compiled

1676572227651.png

noteworthy is dantes list: nattokinase (cardiovascular) + citrus bergamot (cholesterol) + astragulus (kidneys and immune system)

I'd add tudca for liver care but again the list i made was for average-joes not juicers specifically

Essential
Multi
Vit c
Vit b complex injectable or pill
Vit d3
Ubiqunol
Magnesium
Taurine

added option
Krill oil
Creatine
Vit k2
Zinc
D ribose
Curcumin turmeric
Berberine

Multi-Vitamin
Vitamin C
Vitamin D3
NAC
TUDCA
Astragalus
Heart Health Complex
Magnesium
Fish Oil
Ubiquinol
Ashwagandha

Some stuff is obviously used/not used as needed but for the most part that's the daily regimen to maintain overall health.

Ashwagandha has been amazing and life changing for me in terms of mitigating anxiety, stress, and sleep issues I dealt with frequently.

Multi-Vitamin
Vitamin C
Vitamin D3
NAC
TUDCA
Astragalus
Heart Health Complex
Magnesium
Fish Oil
Ubiquinol
Ashwagandha

Some stuff is obviously used/not used as needed but for the most part that's the daily regimen to maintain overall health.

Ashwagandha has been amazing and life changing for me in terms of mitigating anxiety, stress, and sleep issues I dealt with frequently.
How long and what dose did u need to feel those effects from ashwagandha? I tried some for kidney health but couldn't tell if I got anything from it

Multi-Vitamin
Vitamin C
Vitamin D3
NAC
TUDCA
Astragalus
Heart Health Complex
Magnesium
Fish Oil
Ubiquinol
Ashwagandha

Yes, tell us more specifics on your success with Ashwagandha please.

WHat brand of Ubiq to you guys use?

How long and what dose did u need to feel those effects from ashwagandha? I tried some for kidney health but couldn't tell if I got anything from it
Yes, tell us more specifics on your success with Ashwagandha please.

Like anything else, everyone reacts or is affected differently by whatever supplement or compound they take, but it took me a bit of research to learn about Ashwagandha somewhere between 6 and 12 months ago and I was obviously skeptical about it. People debate the different types or extracts, but I've had similar results with whichever brand I've tried, but I make sure to use KSM-66 now.

I always refused to take any RX for depression, anxiety, and stress-related issues but between life events constantly occurring back-to-back and in seemingly no end in sight based on the frequency, I needed to figure something out. I had pretty severe anxiety and would have a crippling anxiety attack not daily but frequently enough that it was concerning. Stress from work made this work and I would feel my heart drop and panic set in for even the most minor bullshit despite knowing I was overreacting.

I haven't researched its usage for kidney health, I take other stuff listed to aid in kidney support but everyone raved about the positive mental effects it had.

I was trying to figure out the proper dosage to use, and I started initially taking it pre-bed to help relieve anxiety/stress to help me fall asleep faster and improve sleep quality. This is what I did for a while, and it seemed to have a positive effect, albeit it took some time. I then switched to using it both morning and night, and the effects seemed similar to taking it pre-bed but I felt like this did a bit too much overall emotional numbing rather than having the positive effects that I wanted without anything noticeably negative.

I currently take it with the last whole meal of the evening (at around 7:00PM) and this has been working great for me.

I use the KSM-66 brand and when I took it twice a day I was taking 1g with my first meal and 1g pre-bed. I now take 1g (which is 2 caps of the brand I use) with the last whole meal of the day and it seems to be the sweet spot for me. I would say that it took several weeks for me to notice a significant effect, maybe a month or so, but it's also easy to not notice whether or not it works or not, if that makes sense. I don't get a stimulant effect from it but it keeps me calm and it isn't necessarily noticeable because I haven't had severe stress or an anxiety attack since supplementing with it, which is a good thing and shows that it does something for me, because I wouldn't think about it unless I continued having those somewhat frequent episodes. Lol

I use the Q10.1 brand. Maybe there are better, would like to know what others use as well, but I take one softgel with my first whole meal of the day and one with my last whole meal of the day.

Just a little aggravating with the 30 softgels/bottle that you go through two bottles a month dosed like that.

I won't lie, with Corona and all that my wages are down. Gotta cut back to just the essentials.
Just did the math and chicken breasts are gram for gram about only 40% the same price as protein powder.
So I gotta cut corners somewhere.

What are the last supps that you'd drop from your program?
I'm thinking to keep:
Creatine
Multi-vitamin
Niacin & fish oil (for HDL)
Maybe NAC and a liver protector

How about you? What would you use if you had to cut back to just the essentials?
The list could be very long but I wont

Dedicated liver Ultra 40
Fish Oil
CLA
C
TUMERIC
GARLIC

Look for a brand that uses the Kaneka patented Ubiquinol. I have found that Jarrow is the cheapest. You can usually get a bottle of 60 gel caps, 200mg on ebay for around $25.

No one has said it, so... Glutamine. For me really helps gut health and recovery. I guess if you are using protein powder regularly you get some anyway... But i generally don't, so i take the straight glutamine with breakfast and with preworkout meal. Postworkout at night gives me insomnia for some reason, so I don't do it then... YMMV.

The list could be very long but I wont

Dedicated liver Ultra 40
Fish Oil
CLA
C
TUMERIC
GARLIC
how efficient do you feel the CLA is in there brother ? I haven't seen it used much in years, but I remember its popularity espec in 90s and early 2000s

how efficient do you feel the CLA is in there brother ? I haven't seen it used much in years, but I remember its popularity espec in 90s and early 2000s
I was big on it in the 2000s and still take it, I believe in it AND monounsaturated fats I’ve always gotten very lean on it even before being lean was damn near all that mattered. It’s also reasonable in price I will say I don’t think it’s as effective if you’re not dieting as it helps facilitate fat burning so if there’s no need for body fat prolly doesn’t help much

I don't see anyone has listed DIM

DIM is great but not on my essential list plus during prep I’m eating cruciferious vegetables 7 times a day and that’s a lot of DIM.

Can someone explain what DIM does please?

Sadly, I’ve managed to convince myself that 25 (?) different supps are “essential” and I really need them.

Really need to trim the list. Badly.

I take way too much crap. Not good.
You can alternate. I'm not taking extra selenium everyday but will take one on top of my mukti or a b complex etc

Can someone explain what DIM does please?
It detoxifies or is a pathway to for estrogen to leave the body or lingering estrogen. So is calcium D. Not sure if they are similar in action. I know dim mirdered my sex drive for a week or two everytine I took it

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws