over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Female bodybuilding dropped from Olympia

Only thing that would make this thread better is pics!

I wont lie, i sometimes youtube bbing women and watch them wrestle men! :(

Cut all the bullshit(mens physique, figure bikini) and give all their money to the bodybuilders :)

Ifbb...the bb stands for bodybuilding

Well, if bodybuilding continues to go the direction it's headed, IFBB will stand for International Federation of Body Bagging, because everybody will end up in a bodybag.

So I only hope it goes the other direction.

Real talk

Last edited:
If the O is done with women's BB you can be damn sure the Arnold will be too.

Well, if bodybuilding continues to go the direction it's headed, IFBB will stand for International Federation of Body Bagging, because everybody will end up in a bodybag.

So I only hope it goes the other direction.

Real talk

Rather have that then, international federation of board shorts. ;)

Real talk brahhhh

I'll be honest with you my man...I really don't have a problem with mens physique. I know you a physique guy so don't get offended by what I say

Last edited:
if the olympia isnt having female bodybuilding,then why are they having people qualify for it..mens bodybuilding is still the main draw,which is why they get the best money,and why they make so much guest posing...by far

Rather have that then, international federation of board shorts. ;)

Real talk brahhhh

I'll be honest with you my man...I really don't have a problem with mens physique. I know you a physique guy so don't get offended by what I say

Hahha I'm not offended at all man, trust me, I seriously don't get offended by anything, I appreciate it though.

But on a serious note, I really rather have board shorts then deaths man...come on now, let's be totally serious, we're talking about shattering people's lives.

Hahha I'm not offended at all man, trust me, I seriously don't get offended by anything, I appreciate it though.

But on a serious note, I really rather have board shorts then deaths man...come on now, let's be totally serious, we're talking about shattering people's lives.

Should be spandex shorts over board shorts IMO. I think less people would complain.

What's the difference between physique and bodybuilding on the women's side except for more drug use?

Maybe this is their way of legitimately being able to mark down women for losing femininity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is not 100% true. Some of the physique women with bad genetics take more drugs than some female BB with better genetics.

What's the difference between physique and bodybuilding on the women's side except for more drug use?

Maybe this is their way of legitimately being able to mark down women for losing femininity?

Of course, it is a way to tone down drugs use without having to actually ban drugs or even make any mention of them. Just change the judging criteria to emphasize qualities which cannot be obtained with heavy androgen use and the problem of masculinization (which is the main reason FBB'ing is no more) goes away. Problem solved.

Still, let's be real--many of the women in the WPD are still masculinized to a heavy degree (often as a result of their former involvment with FBB'ing), but none the less, it is a significant departure from the flat-out sex changes we were witnessing in FBB'ing on a regular basis.

The dying popularity of traditional FBB'ing (WPD is still female bodybuilding, just with a different set of criteria, which is as it should be) was ultimately the demise of the division. The division was on a crash-course for destruction the minute the judges started rewarding a look that could only be obtained with heavy drug use--we just didn't see the end of the road until Bev Francis displayed the next level of female muscularity at the 91' Olympia. This showed us the direction FBB'ing was heading and from that moment onward, it continued to decline, as more and more women began trying to attain a similar look. Once Kim C. started winning Olympia titles in the mid-90's, it was all over. FBB'ing never looked back and ever since then virtually every pro FBB'r has showcased a degree of masculinization more on par witha man than a woman.

FBB'ing, according to current guidelines, will never appeal to large numbers of people, simpy because it goes against the natural order of things. Even male BB'ing is viewed as an abberation by most of the general public, despite focusing on traits traditionally associated with males (albeit to an exaggerated degree). So, if male BB'ing, being in close proximity to the nature of man, is barely accepted, how well will FBB'ing be recieved after having departed from the very essence of womanhood?

We can sit here all day long and debate about what truly constitutes masculinity and femininity, but it is irrelevant, as the culture in which we live has already clearly defined these qaulities and any attempt to stray from them will only be met with resistance.

It is unfortunate that the women of FBB'ing no longer have an avenue through which they can compete, at least succesfully, but there is little that we can do about it. Personally, I am divided on the issue. I very much believe that the heavy masculinization apparent in today's FBB'rs is an afront to their nature, as their greatest gifts--indeed, the very beings they are--are irreversibly damaged through high-dose androgen use. Now, with this said, I will also state that I believe all woman have the right to do whatever they want with their own bodies...and if they don't feel like being constrained to a predetemined conception of who they are supposed to be, then they are free to forge their own path. However, I will also add that I believe many, if not nearly all of the women who willingly engage in heavy androgen use to the point of substantial masculinization have unresolved physchological issues (no offense intended).

At the same time, I feel for my fellow female BB'rs who possess the same natural love for BB'ing that I do. I believe many of the women who went down the path of heavy androgen use did not do so because they wanted to, but because they felt it was the only way to succesfully compete in the sport they love. Being in a position where the very thing you love will also bring you harm is a position I do not envy.

Unfortunely, there is little to nothing we can do at this point to change things. To do so would require going back in time and re-thinking the judging criteria right from the get-go, so that neither the women who participated in the sport, nor the division itself, would have been put in harm's way. I have a hard time believing that the IFBB was not aware of the direction FBB'ing was heading and the eventual harm it would do to the women, but like most things in life, selfishness and greed came before the wellbeing of people.

Last edited:

I totally agree and believe the NPC leaders were trying to go down that path for women's physique but the judging seems to just be picking a smaller female bodybuilder.

NPC WOMEN’S PHYSIQUE DIVISION RULES

NPC MEMBERSHIP

Each competitor must be a member of the NPC.
JUDGING CRITERIA

Symmetry, shape, proportion, muscle tone, poise and beauty flow
Physique assessment and comparison will take place during prejudging
Women’s Physique Division has been created to give a platform for women who enjoy weight training, competing, contest preperation. Competitors should display a toned, athletic physique showcasing femininity, muscle tone, beauty/flow of physique.

The following are examples of common terms used in the bodybuilding industry. These words can be helpful to assess what should not be descriptive to the physiques being judged in women’s physique:

Ripped, shredded, peeled, striated, dry, diced, hard, vascular, grainy, massive, thick, dense, etc.

While all types of physiques will be considered when it comes to height, weight, structure, etc. Excessive muscularity should be scored down accordingly.

Women’s physique competitors should have the overall aesthetics and look that is found in figure with a little more overall muscularity.

'Physique' is killing bodybuilding

Physique models are killing bodybuilding. Why would you reward somebody for giving up on buliing and adding real substantial muscle?
I can understand woman physique and fitness models but men? Get the fuck out if here. Dropping woman's bodybuilding all together is completely uncalled for. The Olympia is a sham anyway. And all real followers of the bodybuilding lifestyle know it's all political b.s.

For the men's physique; I guess they couldn't deal with woman walking around with more mass then themselves.
Go try and be a Abercrombie model and leave bodybuilding to the ones with real dedication. Take your board shorts and get off the stage. Go hit some real leg training and come back when you to display a real bodybuilding physique.

IFBB have been trying to go mainstream ever since physique divisions and bikini were introduced. I understand the move economically, just like when mainstream gyms started to pop up all over the place appealing to the masses. Gone where the old school gyms like Arnold & co trained at and slowly but surely BB's were being ostricized from the mainstream gyms. Is the same happening in IFBB? Will mens BB suffer the same fate as womens BB? What do the young guys/gals in this "sport" say? What do they want to see in the sport and where do you see it going? What is the future?

Physique models are killing bodybuilding. Why would you reward somebody for giving up on buliing and adding real substantial muscle?
I can understand woman physique and fitness models but men? Get the fuck out if here. Dropping woman's bodybuilding all together is completely uncalled for. The Olympia is a sham anyway. And all real followers of the bodybuilding lifestyle know it's all political b.s.

For the men's physique; I guess they couldn't deal with woman walking around with more mass then themselves.
Go try and be a Abercrombie model and leave bodybuilding to the ones with real dedication. Take your board shorts and get off the stage. Go hit some real leg training and come back when you to display a real bodybuilding physique.

Eh...

I was closing in on a 600deadlift in less than 3 years of training, and I train legs pretty hard.

Sorry I'm not into taking 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10grams of gear or gh or insulin or peptides. I guess you're the "real man" around here right? Real men take 10grams of gear.......

/rolls eyes

IFBB have been trying to go mainstream ever since physique divisions and bikini were introduced. I understand the move economically, just like when mainstream gyms started to pop up all over the place appealing to the masses. Gone where the old school gyms like Arnold & co trained at and slowly but surely BB's were being ostricized from the mainstream gyms. Is the same happening in IFBB? Will mens BB suffer the same fate as womens BB? What do the young guys/gals in this "sport" say? What do they want to see in the sport and where do you see it going? What is the future?

The lack of hardcore gyms is mind boggling. Very few and far between

Mens bodybuilding will never die. Remember bodybuilding is looked down upon here, but not the test of the world . But you have to remember in the Middle East is ridiculously popular. They see bodybuilders in a totally different way then people do here. Even AAS isn't as demonized as it is here. Imo in a few years the center of bodybuilding will be somewhere over there.

You have large amounts of money + a population which is interested in bodybuilding + really good bodybuilders = potential for a large industry.

Although I prefer the figure and fitness women, I'd like to see women's BB stick around.

Get rid of bikini. My opinion and nothing more.

It's honestly pointless, and serves no purpose in the fitness community.
And that "suck my ass from behind" pose.
Really?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity