advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

First bodybuilding show 5 weeks away. Will I be ready?

letsrun4it

Banned
Hi,

I've been training and dieting towards a show for the last 13 weeks. I started around 208 and now I'm 183. I am aiming for an upcoming bodybuilding show May 2. I don't want to embarrass myself if I'm not ready. Do you think I look 5 weeks away yet? I would be competing in Novice 176lb.

18 weeks to go
5 weeks to go

In the current picture I am flexed but not pumped up.

I have no idea how good of shape it takes to do a show. I am looking to do the Bill Pearl Desert Classic it's a NPC show, not drug tested.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

that show is only 5 weeks away?? damn wasnt it later last yr the week before the ironman?? I just checked and it is may 2nd. thats suprises me that they spread it out two weeks b4 the ironman. seems like you get a better competitor turn out when you have some back to back shows.

you look good and on track. In the middleweights as long as you shredded you wont have any problems. the bill pearl last yr was a decent turn out especially numbers wise in novice, but not really any spectacular competitors. Just focus on your posing and your conditioning. the show also had weird lighting, to much shaddowing and made everyone look alot more ripped then they actually were, made it hard to see conditioning and hard to judge.
you should consider doing the iroman also 2 weeks after.
I helped my buddy win the middles and novice overall last yr. there were a ton of competitors there also.

we need more pics

may 2nd must be the npc pittsburg me and a couple of my buddies r also doing that show, so i guess ill see u there u look good from what i see there 5 weeks out. one things for sure u r on track to be pretty ripped. wish u all the best bro

you really transformed and your work shows...good job!

^ Yea huge change from the first to the second pic! WOW!

Great transformation, do you have any pictures of you mandatories?

Im not qualified to answer your question but just wantedto say whether or not you compete you should be proud of the progress you have made.

Good job!

go for it

you will not embarrass yourself. you will not look out of place in a lineup on a bodybuilding stage.

good job bro. thats funny i started at 208 and im 183 5 weeks out also. ive never done a show so im bugging out too. it is an accomplishment to get on stage brother. good stuff!!

Good Job! You are right on track. I too, would like to see some more pics, preferrably your legs.

thanks for the feedback everyone. i will try to get my girlfriend to take some pictures of me after work. im not trying to win or anything i just want to do a competition and have nobody thinking "awww the poor softie thinks he's a bodybuilder *pity* " which seems silly because im in great shape but its a bodybuilding show everyone is super fit

posted this on another board so ill post it here:
My current cycle is:
1g Test
1g EQ

The last 4 weeks I'm going to run 700mg Winny and 525mg Tren A (have limited supply of these so saving for last month)

My diet is extremely restrictive, less than 40 carbs a day at this point. I am not a naturally lean guy...I used to be a cross country/track runner in college and was 5'11" 140 and NEVER saw my abs so I am happy personally with where I am just not sure I'm ready for bodybuilding.

No protein shakes, all from food. 2.5 pounds a day of meat which is almost always 96% lean ground beef (fuck chicken!)

As for training I train almost every day, not a ton of cardio because the weight loss has gone pretty well without it and have wanted to keep it to a few days a week until I'm totally stuck. I used to lift real heavy, backed off a little bit and keep things in the 10-12 rep range.

thanks for the feedback everyone. i will try to get my girlfriend to take some pictures of me after work. im not trying to win or anything i just want to do a competition and have nobody thinking "awww the poor softie thinks he's a bodybuilder *pity* " which seems silly because im in great shape but its a bodybuilding show everyone is super fit

posted this on another board so ill post it here:
My current cycle is:
1g Test
1g EQ

The last 4 weeks I'm going to run 700mg Winny and 525mg Tren A (have limited supply of these so saving for last month)

My diet is extremely restrictive, less than 40 carbs a day at this point. I am not a naturally lean guy...I used to be a cross country/track runner in college and was 5'11" 140 and NEVER saw my abs so I am happy personally with where I am just not sure I'm ready for bodybuilding.

No protein shakes, all from food. 2.5 pounds a day of meat which is almost always 96% lean ground beef (fuck chicken!)

As for training I train almost every day, not a ton of cardio because the weight loss has gone pretty well without it and have wanted to keep it to a few days a week until I'm totally stuck. I used to lift real heavy, backed off a little bit and keep things in the 10-12 rep range.

Daaaaayum, ur running an insane amount of gear homie...525mg Tren A? Holy f*ck, I feel sorry for whoever crosses your path on your "bad" day.

great progress between the two photos. I have to say that the amounts of gear you are running seem rather high, at least to me.

Keep up the hard work.

i also think uve done a great job, but thats ALOT of gear IMO...

That's excellent progress for 13 weeks of work! First show so make sure you practice your ass off posing. Get to where you can hold the poses for a good 45 seconds. If you have a big Novice class, the judges could leave you poor bastards up there for a long time.

That's excellent progress for 13 weeks of work! First show so make sure you practice your ass off posing. Get to where you can hold the poses for a good 45 seconds. If you have a big Novice class, the judges could leave you poor bastards up there for a long time.

i would walk off stage if they made me hold a 45 second pose:eek:

Awesome transformation no matter what!! Congrats to you! We need to see pics of your legs, preferrably a full body shot so we can see the symmetry and balance as well as development.

Thanks!

I think you look great for 5 weeks out, but as said cant really say without proper pics. But from what I save seen you look good for 5 weeks out. Gear I dont think you need that much EQ 600-800mg tops any more and the side effect would be to harsh for most. Two good choices for the last 4 weeks, run a good colesterol supplement regime to counter act the effect winstrol has on hld. The dose of tren looks fine. Best of luck at your show, remember to post results.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131