over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

First Time Blood Pressure Issues / Uneven results

• Thread starter Deleted member 106824
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 106824

I've always had pretty low blood pressure. Back when I was 130lb it was pretty normal for me to have it be around 90/60. As I got heavier it tended to hover around 100-110/70 or so.

I began using gear 2 years ago and even in that time I have only experienced levels as "high" as 120/80 a handful of times, generally when on orals.

Last cycle was in the fall and was 500 EQ + 600 Test for 6 weeks and 500 EQ + 220 Test + 280 Superdrol for 4 weeks. Overall fine, had a couple weeks of higher blood pressure but nothing above 120/80 except after the 2nd week of adding in SD it was 121/78 but otherwise fine.

Well now I'm on my cutting cycle, just began 1 week ago and my blood pressure has gone from 107/79 --> 121/78 in that week. Morning measurements. More concerning however is
1. Last night and this afternoon I got ~135/80. I've never seen my systolic above 130 and now it happened yesterday (albeit at night after exercising earlier) and today (hadn't exercised)

2. My left arm has been giving consistently higher readings than my right arm, usually about +10-15 or so on systolic and +5-10 on diastolic (so ~115/75 when I got the high left arm measurements mentioned in point #1). This is concerning to me after reading this article Different blood pressure in right and left arms could signal trouble - Harvard Health Publications

I am only 22 and been using gear for 2 years on and off. Weight is 205lb so nothing crazy. I was slightly anemic before so I began taking Iron+Vit C tablets just a few weeks ago but now I'm wondering if that is contributing to these issue because EQ itself should be driving up my Hb/Hct/RBC already so even though my Iron levels were previously low maybe supplementing with the iron is causing more blood thickening to occur?

I am planning on giving blood on the 21st but I am not sure how much that will really help.

For the record this is the last cycle I will be incorporating orals.

Thoughts/Advice?

Thanks

130/80 aint bad man. thats not even high. if your bp goes over 150 it may be time to start worrying but until then just make sure you are eating a good diet to keep water weight down, keep your e2 under control and you'll be fine.

Low sodium diet, a baby aspirin every day and single digits bodyfat should have you covered.

Doc. told me to stay away from Red meat & Iron supplements

Aspirin can actually increase blood pressure. Coq 10 200mg everyday took my blood pressure down by 10/5. I would stop the iron supplements for sure. Pretty sure equipoise took care of your anemia by increasing RBC.

Last edited:
I realize 130/80 isn't HIGH but for me it is relatively high. I would prefer to stick to 110/70 or below where I used to be and I still seem to be able to maintain off cycle.

On this dose of Test and EQ 1.25mg of letro total per week seems to keep E2 around 35-50 (depending on the day of the week since I only take it once per week) so I would think that's fine especially when on cycle.

Sodium previously never seemed to affect my water weight or blood pressure but maybe being on cycle changes that and I should watch it. I do love my salt lol put it on everything.

Not sure about aspirin, being 22 I feel like I'm pretty young to be taking that daily and also having Crohns I'm supposed to avoid NSAIDs. Could be fine though, not sure.

Boudha, did you have multiple BP measurements taken before and after coQ10 supplementation? Since BP can vary so much from day to day I'm just wondering if you have confirmed it was definitely the coQ10 that helped.

I think I will continue taking the Iron for 1 more week and then stop and see if it makes a difference. Like I said I've tried EQ once before at the same dose and Superdrol many times before and never seen systolic go above 130 so the only thing I can think of is the iron, but I didn't expect it to make much of a difference considering iron supplementation hasn't worked for me previously and it is just an OTC supplement after all. Having said that I was taking it for low iron / near anemia anyway so if the gear is taking care of that problem anyway there's no real point in the iron.

Anyone know about the difference between right and left sides? I have never heard of this issue before but according to that article it seems like it could be an issue and there is a clear difference between my readings.

Thanks for the help

I realize 130/80 isn't HIGH but for me it is relatively high. I would prefer to stick to 110/70 or below where I used to be and I still seem to be able to maintain off cycle.

On this dose of Test and EQ 1.25mg of letro total per week seems to keep E2 around 35-50 (depending on the day of the week since I only take it once per week) so I would think that's fine especially when on cycle.

Sodium previously never seemed to affect my water weight or blood pressure but maybe being on cycle changes that and I should watch it. I do love my salt lol put it on everything.

Not sure about aspirin, being 22 I feel like I'm pretty young to be taking that daily and also having Crohns I'm supposed to avoid NSAIDs. Could be fine though, not sure.

Boudha, did you have multiple BP measurements taken before and after coQ10 supplementation? Since BP can vary so much from day to day I'm just wondering if you have confirmed it was definitely the coQ10 that helped.

I think I will continue taking the Iron for 1 more week and then stop and see if it makes a difference. Like I said I've tried EQ once before at the same dose and Superdrol many times before and never seen systolic go above 130 so the only thing I can think of is the iron, but I didn't expect it to make much of a difference considering iron supplementation hasn't worked for me previously and it is just an OTC supplement after all. Having said that I was taking it for low iron / near anemia anyway so if the gear is taking care of that problem anyway there's no real point in the iron.

Anyone know about the difference between right and left sides? I have never heard of this issue before but according to that article it seems like it could be an issue and there is a clear difference between my readings.

Thanks for the help

Yup I did at least two test at different time during the day EOD for 2 weeks.

Treatment of essential hypertension with coenzyme Q10.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/7752851/

Coenzyme Q10 improves blood pressure and glycaemic control: a controlled trial in subjects with type 2 diabete
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/12428181/

Coenzyme Q10 in the treatment of hypertension: a meta-analysis of the clinical trials.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/17287847/

Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of coenzyme Q10 in isolated systolic hypertension.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11780680/

The list goes on and on and on

CoQ10
Hawthorn Berry
Plenty of water
A little cardio
Less sugary starchy carbs and increase healthy fats

Watch those numbers improve.

CoQ10
Hawthorn Berry
Plenty of water
A little cardio

Hawthorn Berry for some weird reason increased my BP and HR and I just felt anxious/weird because of that.

Hawthorn Berry for some weird reason increased my BP and HR and I just felt anxious/weird because of that.

That's interesting and unusual.

I find it knocks 10 points off my diastolic if I'm on cycle and b/weight is up.

:confused:

Yup I did at least two test at different time during the day EOD for 2 weeks.

Treatment of essential hypertension with coenzyme Q10.
Treatment of essential hypertension wit - PubMed Mobile

Coenzyme Q10 improves blood pressure and glycaemic control: a controlled trial in subjects with type 2 diabete
Coenzyme Q10 improves blood pressure an - PubMed Mobile

Coenzyme Q10 in the treatment of hypertension: a meta-analysis of the clinical trials.
Coenzyme Q10 in the treatment of hypert - PubMed Mobile

Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of coenzyme Q10 in isolated systolic hypertension.
Randomized, double-blind, placebo-contr - PubMed Mobile

The list goes on and on and on

Awesome, thanks for that

CoQ10
Hawthorn Berry
Plenty of water
A little cardio

I drink 1-1.5 gallons of water per day and am now doing more cardio since I'm cutting. Carbs tend not to be that high now anyway except on my refeed days when they're really high but otherwise usually 1-200g of carbs per day.

As mentioned this will be my last cycle with orals anyway but I will get some coQ10 and see if that helps for the remainder of this cycle in addition to the added cardio and weight loss.

Looks like no one really knows much about the discrepancy between left and right sides?

I wouldn't worry too much about left vs right side, unless it is out by a large margin then it's probably not much different to the variances you get from multiple readings.

BP is affected by anxiety and many other things and varies from one reading to the next.

I remember getting a BP reading done at pre admission one day as I was having a shoulder re-con the next day, I was 270+ lb at the time. My reading was 160/95 and the nurse gave me a talking to.

I went home, got my trusty Omron BP monitor and took the reading myself, relaxed and with my arm level with the heart (helps with accuracy) and guess what? 125/75 which I am quite happy with.

Sometimes in the morning when I wake it is 105/65.

I'm sure you will be fine.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry too much about left vs right side, unless it is out by a large margin then it's probably not much different to the variances you get from multiple readings.

BP is affected by anxiety and many other things and varies from one reading to the next.

I remember getting a BP reading done at pre admission one day as I was having a shoulder re-con the next day, I was 270+ lb at the time. My reading was 160/95 and the nurse gave me a talking to.

I went home, got my trusty Omron BP monitor and took the reading myself, relaxed and with my arm level with the heart (helps with accuracy) and guess what? 125/75 which I am quite happy with.

Sometimes in the morning when I wake it is 105/65.

I'm sure you will be fine.

I think the one I have is pretty good, it's a "10 series Omron" automatic BP monitor. Oddly though I always seem to get lower readings at doctors offices. Pre-colonoscopy my levels were consistently ~105/60 and pre gyno surgery just recently the doctors got 99/43 then 97/45 after giving me fluids....never seen my diastolic close to that low before, seemed off.

So these high ones are only with my home Omron monitor. Having said that the two scenarios mentioned above were on TRT not blasting, but even in my last blast I would get lower values at the doctors office oddly enough.

Left and right were less different this morning. Left was 121/73 and right was 118/76. They have been pretty off in the past but the discrepancy seems more significant when left side is higher.

Out of curiosity how did you feel when you were 270lb and got 160/95? I wonder sometimes how much the variances affect things. For instance they say to take your blood pressure at rest, relaxed, etc....BUT in my mind I think well how often are you really just completely resting and relaxed ya know? Like if someone would get 160/110 throughout most of the day then who cares if it's 100/65 when they're completely relaxed? Extreme example but just to explain what I mean.

Superdrol is poison. Not saying that is the cause, but it is poison.

It's harsh shit but it certainly works. Right up there with anadrol in terms of sheer mass gains quickly. I personally feel like garbage on the stuff and it fucks my lipids. It's pretty harsh on liver too. I have a few pre-ban bottles laying around.

I think the one I have is pretty good, it's a "10 series Omron" automatic BP monitor. Oddly though I always seem to get lower readings at doctors offices. Pre-colonoscopy my levels were consistently ~105/60 and pre gyno surgery just recently the doctors got 99/43 then 97/45 after giving me fluids....never seen my diastolic close to that low before, seemed off.

So these high ones are only with my home Omron monitor. Having said that the two scenarios mentioned above were on TRT not blasting, but even in my last blast I would get lower values at the doctors office oddly enough.

Left and right were less different this morning. Left was 121/73 and right was 118/76. They have been pretty off in the past but the discrepancy seems more significant when left side is higher.

Out of curiosity how did you feel when you were 270lb and got 160/95? I wonder sometimes how much the variances affect things. For instance they say to take your blood pressure at rest, relaxed, etc....BUT in my mind I think well how often are you really just completely resting and relaxed ya know? Like if someone would get 160/110 throughout most of the day then who cares if it's 100/65 when they're completely relaxed? Extreme example but just to explain what I mean.

Not sure if you guys knows but you need a special brace for automatic BP monitor for arms over X size. I have 18inch arms and I need a Large/xl brace or results are higher then they should. I think the reason it's lower at the doc office because they usually still do it manually so the brace doesn't matter.

Last edited:
It's harsh shit but it certainly works. Right up there with anadrol in terms of sheer mass gains quickly. I personally feel like garbage on the stuff and it fucks my lipids. It's pretty harsh on liver too. I have a few pre-ban bottles laying around.

I agree it works, but there are better ways to gain muscle while feeling good, not like shit. Stuff is poison and I would not use it. Many do, just my opinion.

Not sure if you guys knows but you need a special brace for automatic BP monitor for arms over X size. I have 18inch arms and I need a Large/xl brace or results are higher then they should. I think the reason it's lower at the doc office because they usually still do it manually so the brace doesn't matter.

While I am aware of this, I do not think it factors in here. My arms are about 17in which is right at the cut off for the large brace (17.1in I believe is the cut off).

Secondly, all of the doctors offices I've been to use automatic ones (haven't seen manual done in years) and surprisingly when I looked at the cuff the "large" range ended at it was 34cm at the doctor's offices (not 43cm which is what I'm used to seeing) and that's only 13.4in which is very small but still gave me the low BP readings I was getting there.

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree it works, but there are better ways to gain muscle while feeling good, not like shit. Stuff is poison and I would not use it. Many do, just my opinion.

Actually what I have been using is "Super-DMZ 2.0" which has Dimethazine and methylstenbolone, used to have superdrol in the original formula but it had to be taken out.

In any case, yes it's definitely toxic and harsh on lipids and the liver. Liv52 + milk thistle helps with the liver issue a lot but lipids still drop. I got it because I was getting underdosed injectables and the orals are just so damn effective but as mentioned I will be finishing the 2 bottles I have left with this cutting cycle and then sticking to injectables only, probably just test and maybe Eq. While I love the strength and size gains from orals, and I'm only 22, I really do care a lot about my health and longevity (hence this thread) so if I can't reach my goals with just injectables then I need to reevaluate things.

Oh and yes it does seem to increase BP more than injectables.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually what I have been using is "Super-DMZ 2.0" which has Dimethazine and methylstenbolone, used to have superdrol in the original formula but it had to be taken out.

In any case, yes it's definitely toxic and harsh on lipids and the liver. Liv52 + milk thistle helps with the liver issue a lot but lipids still drop. I got it because I was getting underdosed injectables and the orals are just so damn effective but as mentioned I will be finishing the 2 bottles I have left with this cutting cycle and then sticking to injectables only, probably just test and maybe Eq. While I love the strength and size gains from orals, and I'm only 22, I really do care a lot about my health and longevity (hence this thread) so if I can't reach my goals with just injectables then I need to reevaluate things.

Oh and yes it does seem to increase BP more than injectables.

I wasn't a huge fan of EQ, if you get a chance try NPP, I loved it.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear