YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Flounder - Who eats it - Phil what do you think about it?

AWN2004

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
After hearing some much bad press about orange roughy and tilapia, I was wondering what people's thoughts were on this fish. I've never had it before but the nutritionaly it looks right on the money.

I never tried it

After hearing some much bad press about orange roughy and tilapia, I was wondering what people's thoughts were on this fish. I've never had it before but the nutritionaly it looks right on the money.

It looks ok nutritionally wise........I have never had it

I like it served pretty plain. One problem is out in the restaraunts they often want toi serve it with a load of butter and lemon sauce, and in Charleston they serve it with grits with a lot of cheese. I eat it at home more than out.

Flounder, fluke, and sole are all bottom-dwelling "white" fish. The meat is very lean with a flakey texture. The contain minimal fats and oils unlike salmon, mackeral, blues, or other oily fish. The omega 3 and 6 level is very low, but the good trade off is they don't taste as fishy.

If you can get them fresh locally for a good price, absolutely go for it.

If you guys saw A Day In The Life Of Erik Frankhouser, you'd see he eats the shit out of good ole Wal-Mart Tilapia. Doesn't seem to hurt his physique.

i live in north east...fluke/flounder is staple of most our summer diets here...and its a decent plain fish when cooked right is great for you...i agree with above for cod also...two good non farmraised fish

As far as nutriton and taste. It's the best.........

Fluke/Flounder is very big here at the nj shore.. im sure tkav sells alot of it at his place ( not sure if they do seafood)

Its not "fishy" tasting at all.. i love it..

Blowfish is also great

Word!

Thanks guys. They have it fresh here at a market by my house and it seems to almost always be wild and not farm raised. I asked the guy at the fish/meat counter how to cook it and he was telling me to add lemon and butter along with some other stuff. I asked him how it was dry and he thought I was joking. He is a cool dude though......on a side note I've pretty much become friends with the guy due to my almost daily trips. To this date I don't think I've found someone more willing to go out of his way to help someone. He trims everything, wraps and weighs it out in portions, and will keep extra around because he knows I'm coming in later that next day. He has saved me a ton of extra busy work that I really don't want to do.

It's nice to know there are still people around that give a crap about customer service. The guy is probably in his mid 60's and we talk about old cars, sports, and fishing (something I'd like to do more of) and he asks me about bodybuilding from time to time. The point I'm making is that it's very refreshing that there are still good folks out there. When this prep is over I'm going to try to do something for him and his wife. Get them a gift card or something. Nothing big but just something to say thianks because it matters. I told the store manager a couple of days ago how much of an asset he is to their store and he told me that he has tons of customers that love to see him and have said the same thing. Good shit.

I love flounder!

Actually I use to do a little flounder fishing. Pretty easy to catch with sandworms if you know where they are at.

I like to bake the COD in oven. Instead of breadcrumbs if carb conscience just dip it in some egg yolks and role in Parmesan cheese for healthier version.

Cod and Flounder big in the NE.

NJPool I can't agree more, there's some fantastic flounder fishing off the Jersey shore. I've done many a flounder party boats, a great time and it's awesome when you land a carpet(big fluke).
Red Lobster has a stuffed flounder dish, delicious. Flounder/Fluke is VERY flavorful and well worth replacing tuna/tilapia in dishes and recipes.
Imma stand on my soapbox and yell that we need to stop buying oj roughy because they are overfished. Roughy have a long life and don't breed for almost 20yrs. Stop ordering Roughy at your restaurants. We are over fishing roughy to the point that they are going extinct.
Overfishing is the one thing the g7 can fix, but they don't because it's big money.

Word!

Thanks guys. They have it fresh here at a market by my house and it seems to almost always be wild and not farm raised. I asked the guy at the fish/meat counter how to cook it and he was telling me to add lemon and butter along with some other stuff. I asked him how it was dry and he thought I was joking. He is a cool dude though......on a side note I've pretty much become friends with the guy due to my almost daily trips. To this date I don't think I've found someone more willing to go out of his way to help someone. He trims everything, wraps and weighs it out in portions, and will keep extra around because he knows I'm coming in later that next day. He has saved me a ton of extra busy work that I really don't want to do.

It's nice to know there are still people around that give a crap about customer service. The guy is probably in his mid 60's and we talk about old cars, sports, and fishing (something I'd like to do more of) and he asks me about bodybuilding from time to time. The point I'm making is that it's very refreshing that there are still good folks out there. When this prep is over I'm going to try to do something for him and his wife. Get them a gift card or something. Nothing big but just something to say thianks because it matters. I told the store manager a couple of days ago how much of an asset he is to their store and he told me that he has tons of customers that love to see him and have said the same thing. Good shit.
cool story man! you sir sound like good people also :)

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear