over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Free windows 10 upgrade deadline

moorken

Newbies
Anybody who didn't upgrade to windows 10 yet at the moment? Notice that the deadline is close (29 July 2016) after that the upgrade will not be available for free anymore....
just one advise if you upgrade: do a reinstallation of the system, don't do an upgrade of your windows 7 system, its sooooo amazingly slow in that case.

I was really dreading it because I didn't like the previous version of Windows being more "tablet style" with Apps and going away from the familiar Windows GUI, but Windows 10 is much more user friendly for someone used to Windows! Goes straight to the desktop with the corner windows button and a new search bar that is pretty darn good.

WinBlows 10 SPYING ON YOU CAUTION

here's a cautionary tale. Microsoft Winblows 10 isn't FREE BECAUSE they are a nice company.

do you guys realize the entire scope of Microsoft's snooping and crazy policies with this OS?

Ex: Borrows bandwidth from your home Internet connection: " Windows 10 will use your Internet connection to help other people download apps or update their PCs. If someone (let's call her Rebecca) is having trouble connecting to Microsoft's servers, Rebecca might instead download that update or app from you, a complete stranger. It all happens in the background, without either of you ever knowing it."

Ex 2: Scan for counterfeit games: "We may automatically check your version of the software and download software updates or configuration changes, including those that prevent you from accessing the Services, playing counterfeit games, or using unauthorized *hardware peripheral devices."

there is much more. i would never install and much more importantly should be illegal but we are now in the ere of HOPE and CHANGE.

Is Windows 10 really a privacy nightmare? - Aug. 17, 2015

also just because you don’t have to lay out money for software, that doesn’t necessarily make it “free.” In the last few days, users of Windows 10 have noticed full-screen ads on their lock screen...

https://consumerist.com/2016/02/24/...eeing-full-screen-ads-on-their-screen-savers/

Post not intended to interfere with big brother spying on you.

shutting down some of Windows 10 "Features"

Windows 7 is the new Windows XP - the one that I think someone will stay with as long as possible.

...handy guide to shutting down some of WinBlows 10 "Features"

i turn all the adware and all the data collection mechanisms off, disabled Cortana and I don't sign into it with an MS email/account, i removed all the apps I can and don't use the start menu. it's kinda strange on reflection why i bother with it at all as it looks and operates like 8.1 (or even 7) now.

How to opt out...

OK, here’s how to take control of this stuff if you’re worried about it. No, opting out is not especially simple, although if you take an absolutist approach it doesn’t take at all long to set everything to ‘no.’ If you’re yet to install Windows 10 and are concerned about all this stuff, you can head most of it off at the pass by declining Express settings and choosing options yourself, refusing any request to let the OS or apps access your location and turning the Cortana search assistant off. If you missed the boat there, you’ll need to do any and all of the following. Even if you were super-cautious during setup, be sure to follow step 3 below if you’re concerned.

1. Go to Settings – Privacy and go through the 13 different screens there and turn anything which concerns you to off. The biggest, most universal settings are under ‘General’, while the other screens let you choose which apps can and can’t access your calendar, messages, camera, mic, etcetera. There may well be stuff you want to leave on – for instance, I do actually want Windows’ Calendar app to access my calendar data (obv), I just don’t want it to sell that data on because I don’t want to be bombarded with flower ads when it’s my mum’s birthday.

2. Depending on whether you’ve been finding it useful or not, you may want to go to Cortana’s settings and turn off everything there. It’s just working as a basic file search for me now, as I didn’t want its ‘suggestions’, I didn’t want it to lock me into Bing and I didn’t want a tiny part of my processor to be forever dedicated to listening out for voice commands I will never use.

3. This is the crucial one, and so fundamental to Windows 10’s tracking that Microsoft have stuck the setting on an external website, which they say is so that it’s on one easy dashboard, but I find it hard not to wonder if it’s in the hope that we don’t easily stumble across it while browsing Windows 10’s own Privacy menus. Said website is colourful and cheerful and can play a video at you talking about how wonderful targeted advertising is. Ignore the bumf and instead go directly here and set both options to Off. It’s the innocuous-sounding “Personalised ads wherever I use my Microsoft account” which is the likely root of all this, because having that on means Windows 10 itself becomes a hub for targeted ads. You’ll probably have set up Windows 10 with a Microsoft account, because it heavily encourages you to do so with talk of synchronised files and settings and a OneDrive cloud account during installation, but this means the OS is signed into that account all the time. As a result, Windows 10 itself has it spyglasses on, not just apps or pages that you’re signed into with your MS account.

I notice that every time I go back to that page, the “Personalised ads in this browser” setting has silently turned itself back on again. This is concerning, but I’m not yet sure if it’s a bug or if it’s exploiting sessions as an excuse to reset regularly. Judicious ad and cookie control with your plugins and browser options of choice can change this, however. Again, do remember that many websites are dependent on advertising revenue to survive, but opting out of targeted advertising – and having that opt out be respected – is another matter entirely.

4. You may also wish to remove your Microsoft account from Windows 10 and use a local account instead. This will double-down on restricting what’s harvested, though you’ll lose out on features such as settings synchronisation across all your PCs and will suffer more nagging from stuff like the Windows Store and OneDrive. Probably not a big deal for many people, I suspect. Go to Settings – Accounts – Your Account within Windows 10 (or just type ‘Accounts’ into haha Cortana) to get to the relevant options.

If you have multiple PCs already running Windows 10 you’ll need to do all of this on each of them, although your Microsoft account opt-out should be universal..."

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/07/30/windows-10-privacy-settings/

if after considering all of this if you upgraded from a previous version of Windows ( 7 or 8 ) i suggest you do a clean install, make sure to back up your data. upgrading over your existing operating system can cause some issues not expected by Microsoft just yet... technically if you have Windows 10 then welcome to the beta tester's lounge. here is a link to the guide I used to create the Windows 10 USB boot:

How To Create Bootable Windows 10 USB Flash Drive [Guide] | Redmond Pie

wow thank you! Jeez who do I make the check out to

Just turned off tons of shit I don't want them doing:headbang:

We look for the best ops for our convenience and the office apps are competitive in the market. **broken link removed**is a nice feature for all the busy at home, busy at work, ever busy people!

Anybody who didn't upgrade to windows 10 yet at the moment? Notice that the deadline is close (29 July 2016) after that the upgrade will not be available for free anymore....
just one advise if you upgrade: do a reinstallation of the system, don't do an upgrade of your windows 7 system, its sooooo amazingly slow in that case.

the deadline is actually BS, you can still upgrade through this avenue

**broken link removed**

I avoided mine for as long as I could....then one day.....it just decided
to do it on its own.....I called my guy (who told me NOT to upgrade)...
and he said.."yes it is happening like that to a lot of people....ill take
it off for 39.99"....

lolol

I am still with Windows 7, but most people said that Win 10 rox! It run smoothly even on the very old hardware boxes.

There are still free Windows 10 upgrade for customers who use assistive technologies - **broken link removed**)

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear