over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gear, tattoos, and bleeding.

das-freak

Registered
Anyone have any tricks for reducing bleeding from tattoos while on gear? Got a few sessions for my sleeve this month and I usually have to quit from bleeding out not the pain, and end up with really horrendous scabbing when I am on gear compared to when I am off. It usually keeps me out of the gym for nearly a week after each session too so I don't ruin the ink forcing the scab off too early. I keep my CBC down and stay hydrated and as well as avoid caffeine, anyone have any other ideas?

I never have any issues while on gear getting tats. Just don't drink alcohol the 2 days before getting ink. Other than that, never had an issue. Also could be your tattoo artist. You should not be getting scabbing of any kind. Gear or not. Scabbing is from your artist going too hard, too deep and into the bottom layers of your skin. Sounds like more your artist than anything. Bleeding is normal. Scabbing is not.

Last edited:
I never have any issues while on gear getting tats. Just don't drink alcohol the 2 days before getting ink. Other than that, never had an issue. Also could be your tattoo artist. You should not be getting scabbing of any kind. Gear or not. Scabbing is from your artist going too hard, too deep and into the bottom layers of your skin. Sounds like more your artist than anything. Bleeding is normal. Scabbing is not.

Yes scabbing is bad. Guaranteed to pull ink out when it heals. I bet toxic is right. Your artist hit you to deep. Not a gear related issue

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Your artist is going to deep as mentioned. I drop asprin, fishoil, and anything that thins blood 2 days before getting work done.

Not sure it has anything to do with gear. Just finished a half sleeve recently while on. Last session was 9 hours in the chair and I had no problems with excessive bleeding.

The thing is, the last time I was off gear he said " Your skin isn't mad at me anymore" without me saying anything about being off gear lol.
It is a close buddy of mine so it wouldnt surprise me if he goes heavy especially with the light colours, but there was definitely a huge difference between when I was off compared to on, although last time I imagine my hematocrit and hemoglobin were high, but have dealt with that now - guess I'll find out on Monday. I had this issue even 6 years ago when I started with him, and the lines on my first tattoo are still crisp and He is at the top shop in the city and doesn't have this problem with any of my friends who also go to him. It's not that the skin is raised, but I look like I've got leprosy or some weird skin disorder for a week afterwards - Goldmember from austin powers lol... :confused: Anyway sounds like hes just going too hard. Thanks

Nothing that thins blood alcohol, pain relievers, some cold medicine etc etc

1 full sleeve 2 gloves and knuckles and neck piece all on gear and no issues up to 8hrs minus pee breaks all done by the same artist though

I have a chest piece and full right sleeve. All while either blasting or cruising, no problems with scabbing or anything.

Your artist is going to deep as mentioned. I drop asprin, fishoil, and anything that thins blood 2 days before getting work done.

:yeahthat: including NSAID's too!

I would try a different artist and see if, like the others said, he's going too deep.

Last edited:
Anybody ever had any work done while on accutane? After searching google I came across a great deal of people saying that it's a no-no but a few people said they had some big pieces done without any problems.

If your BP is under control, then it's likely him and not you.

Anybody ever had any work done while on accutane? After searching google I came across a great deal of people saying that it's a no-no but a few people said they had some big pieces done without any problems.

I never had a problem getting tattoo'd while on Accutane..

One sleeve and back done no problems. Sounds like your artist has a heavy hand

I never had a problem getting tattoo'd while on Accutane..

Yeah, see, that's what you hear a lot when researching the subject on Google.

99.99% of the people saying not to get any ink while on accutane and to wait until 6-12 months after your last dose are people that have never actually had any work done while on accutane. Their reasoning is that there's a possibilty it can interrupt the skins healing process increasing the risk for scarring and also making it hard for the skin to hold the ink. Some of them are pretty credible too like dermatologists and tattoo artists.

On the flip side of the coin... 99.99% of the people that have actually gotten a tattoo while on accutane say that they didn't have any proplems.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner