advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GIVE YOURSELF A FAIR SHOT:$cost$ on the National Level inspired by Dusty Hanshaw

While I do agree with Dusty, he is obviously doing well enough where he can afford what he specifically wants regardless of the price. He could be buying cheaper products or shopping differently if his bank account was smaller. These videos may be 100% autobiographical and happen weekly OR they might be exaggerated a little to make a point.

My main points are that he's 100% right in his thoughts and preaching. And second he could eat for cheaper if he had to.

That is just money at the end of the day...

But what about time and health?

You have invest so much of your (1) time (2) health and (3) money if doing highest level bodybuilding, but the profit you get from it is so low... and it is funny how many guys are still doing it, quit their jobs, sacrifices their careers, college degrees, family to get that pro card or plastic trophy or supplement contract. No surprise why there are so many broken retired bodybuilders

I dunno fish/chicke/rice/oats/whey are pretty fucking cheap. Never understood why people choose to include expensive cuts of meat then claim how expensive the lifestyle is...it doesn't HAVE to be. If you have the money then its nice to eat tastier shit but at the lower levels a nice cut of steak isnt going to get you anymore muscular than chicken breast with an added fat.

I have no problem with people spending lots of money on food but that's a luxory not a necassity. I feed myself and wife and child for pretty fucking cheap and the cost of food is double here than it was when I lived in Florida

exactly. canned tuna + eggs for protein. brown rice and oats for carbs. mixed nuts for good fats. maybe a little spinach to add some greens and what ever fruit is on sale. pretty cheap and gets the job done.

I buy chicken in bulk from the place I work. Whey, eggs and greek yoghurt from the grocerystore. Oats, wholewheatbread and jasminerice for carbs and some nuts for fats. Bodybuilding doesn't have to make you go bankrupt it must be nice though for Dusty to be able to live off of nice cuts of meat all day.

I will cook up some meat 2-3 times a week for dinner with my GF instead I look at my food as fuel for workouts and enjoy myself couple of times a week instead.

And you have to eat anyway, bodybuilders just eat more than a regular person. Or would you guys not eat if you didn't train?

I dunno fish/chicke/rice/oats/whey are pretty fucking cheap. Never understood why people choose to include expensive cuts of meat then claim how expensive the lifestyle is...it doesn't HAVE to be. If you have the money then its nice to eat tastier shit but at the lower levels a nice cut of steak isnt going to get you anymore muscular than chicken breast with an added fat.

I have no problem with people spending lots of money on food but that's a luxory not a necassity. I feed myself and wife and child for pretty fucking cheap and the cost of food is double here than it was when I lived in Florida

Fish depending on where you live is not cheap. In the Midwest that shit is expensive twice as much as no less skinless chicken breasts. And that's the cheapest fish

exactly. canned tuna + eggs for protein. brown rice and oats for carbs. mixed nuts for good fats. maybe a little spinach to add some greens and what ever fruit is on sale. pretty cheap and gets the job done.

Canned tuna is a shit protein although it's cheap your wasting your money. Not only do I get nothing from it I feel unhealthy after a week eating even 2 cans a day. Even egg whites have to limited for me aswell and if I drink them it feels like my body doesn't utilize those proteins. For me I need beef , salmon, turkey breast and I love chicken breast and whole eggs. Only problem w/ whole eggs is I can't eat them w/ out toast

I agree with the guys saying you can do it for cheaper. Not "cheap" compared to what a normal person would eat, but cheaper than what Dusty showed. As much as I love flank, I can get grass-fed 85/15 ground beef for $6/lb...eating even a pound a day would only run me $42, versus the almost $86 he spent on flank. I don't know how many pounds he got (not sure if he does more than a pound a day), but I just wanted to make the comparison. Not even sure the flank is grass-fed. And let's face it...eggs are cheap as hell for the protein/fat content you can get out of them. I get 18 for $2.50, and eat close to a dozen a day...weekly total of $10-$13. Bulk whey from TrueNutrition helps with the protein intake as well :D

I realize this is a video that Animal paid Evan to make (probably a good chance this isn't his usual shopping trip), but regardless of that I thought it was a pretty cool guide to eating "cheaper" for a bodybuilder:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNctsEFp7Zs]"Big on a Budget" with Evan "Ox" Centopani - YouTube[/ame]

That is just money at the end of the day...

But what about time and health?

You have invest so much of your (1) time (2) health and (3) money if doing highest level bodybuilding, but the profit you get from it is so low... and it is funny how many guys are still doing it, quit their jobs, sacrifices their careers, college degrees, family to get that pro card or plastic trophy or supplement contract. No surprise why there are so many broken retired bodybuilders

This comes to mind reading a lot of the threads lately...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 177
I agree with the guys saying you can do it for cheaper. Not "cheap" compared to what a normal person would eat, but cheaper than what Dusty showed. As much as I love flank, I can get grass-fed 85/15 ground beef for $6/lb...eating even a pound a day would only run me $42, versus the almost $86 he spent on flank. I don't know how many pounds he got (not sure if he does more than a pound a day), but I just wanted to make the comparison. Not even sure the flank is grass-fed. And let's face it...eggs are cheap as hell for the protein/fat content you can get out of them. I get 18 for $2.50, and eat close to a dozen a day...weekly total of $10-$13. Bulk whey from TrueNutrition helps with the protein intake as well :D

I realize this is a video that Animal paid Evan to make (probably a good chance this isn't his usual shopping trip), but regardless of that I thought it was a pretty cool guide to eating "cheaper" for a bodybuilder:

"Big on a Budget" with Evan "Ox" Centopani - YouTube
Dusty isn't buying grassfed flank...

Everytime I have tried eating flank it felt like I was chewing a tire.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131