over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

gluten free in body building

r0idb0y

Registered
Hi guys,
i have a close friend ex competitor and after having a long chat has got me researching how bad gluten is.
i just watched this [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGpDduReFOw"]Why Gluten is bad for your health by Dr. William Davis, author of Wheat Belly" - YouTube[/ame]
and i am very surprised at how bad it is for us.

just curious how many members here have done some research and made the change ?

cheers

Gluten glutton :) can't imagine a carb refeed day without it. Glutinous rice is one of my favorites.

Researched it a little bit but it seems like most of the big time knowledgeable people in the nutrition world of bodybuilding seem to dismiss it and really think it's no big deal. If I had the money I'd probably try it out and try a lot more things that are gluten free and try my best to give up gluten and see how much of a difference it makes but for now there's a few staples in my diet that are cheap and help me out big time but unfortunately they do have gluten.

Gluten glutton :) can't imagine a carb refeed day without it. Glutinous rice is one of my favorites.

Corn flour, soy flour, lentil flour, rice (all types), rice flour, chickpea flour, almond meal, lupin flour, rice bran, potato flour, buckwheat, millet, amaranth, polenta, psyllium and breakfast cereals made from corn and rice are gluten-free. Always double-check the ingredient lists though, and look for gluten-free labelling.

Researched it a little bit but it seems like most of the big time knowledgeable people in the nutrition world of bodybuilding seem to dismiss it and really think it's no big deal. If I had the money I'd probably try it out and try a lot more things that are gluten free and try my best to give up gluten and see how much of a difference it makes but for now there's a few staples in my diet that are cheap and help me out big time but unfortunately they do have gluten.

i really dont think it will cost you much if any more on most things.

I was just reading this

https://www.12wbt.com/nutrition/healthy/gluten-free-diet

just doing a quick gluten free diet google will bring you many results, seeing its a major cause of so many conditions and one being water retention , im kinda surprised this hasn't been a focal point ...i suffer bloating and water retention so fkit im going to give it a go like my buddy , but he warns a week of feeling crap as it makes your body suffer withdrawal symptoms , headaches, and nausea and so on.

Last edited:
Corn flour, soy flour, lentil flour, rice (all types), rice flour, chickpea flour, almond meal, lupin flour, rice bran, potato flour, buckwheat, millet, amaranth, polenta, psyllium and breakfast cereals made from corn and rice are gluten-free. Always double-check the ingredient lists though, and look for gluten-free labelling.

Since I only eat gluten foods once a week. I actually enjoy the bloat and water retention. :)

I can share with all of you from experience, that when I consume too much gluten, it messes me up real good. Very bloated, headaches, cloudy thinking, and so on. People who don't think it's bad, honestly must not have a reaction to it, because I certainly do. Mother is the same way as well.

If it truly does cause an inflammatory response in the body, I want to stay as far away from it as I can. Inflammation in vital to keeping our bodies healthy, but prolonged and high amounts of inflammation has been directly linked to many diseases.

Staying away from gluten is easy, so why not avoid it just to be safe?

Celiacs

Only people who have celiacs need to be on a gluten free diet. This is less than 1% of the population....

Only people who have celiacs need to be on a gluten free diet. This is less than 1% of the population....

i thought the same BUT YOU AND I COULD NOT BE MORE WRONG!!!!!!!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGpDduReFOw"]Why Gluten is bad for your health by Dr. William Davis, author of Wheat Belly" - YouTube[/ame]

i watched this on my tablet doing treadmill cardio and it opened my eyes so do your self a favor and just watch , then make a decision ....

Everyone I know who tried a gluten free diet got a tighter mid-section and overall leaner appearance. None of them were celiac.

Marketing ? probably. There is an easy test to see if you are gluten tolerant. Either you are or you are not. I remember a read about how the director of the CDC and he had no idea why why all of a sudden people were avoiding gluten. FODMAPs can also be the culprit and many are sensitive to this as well.

i thought the same BUT YOU AND I COULD NOT BE MORE WRONG!!!!!!!

Why Gluten is bad for your health by Dr. William Davis, author of Wheat Belly" - YouTube

i watched this on my tablet doing treadmill cardio and it opened my eyes so do your self a favor and just watch , then make a decision ....

While I honestly don't have a ton of knowledge on gluten free diets, what I can see is a doctor trying to sell a product. He's using his authority (his title of Dr.) to market and sell books and other things. People will buy into what he's saying because they trust him because he's a doctor. That's just the way I see it.

While I honestly don't have a ton of knowledge on gluten free diets, what I can see is a doctor trying to sell a product. He's using his authority (his title of Dr.) to market and sell books and other things. People will buy into what he's saying because they trust him because he's a doctor. That's just the way I see it.

Good point. I didnt watch the vid because it was long, but it sure looked infomercial to me.

Been doing wheat/gluten free for awhile now, and honestly don't feel any major difference over eating wheat....in fact cheat days consisting of pizza and Chinese buffet only leave me feeling blechy because I eat so damn much lol

I've been eating fairly clean for years now, but maybe comparing gluten free to an average American diet you'd see a big diff

Everyone I know who tried a gluten free diet got a tighter mid-section and overall leaner appearance. None of them were celiac.

Because their calories were reduced from eating less carbs and they lost fat. No magic involved.

Honestly gluten should really never be consumed by anyone, besides maybe a cheat meal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gluten problems can cause so many things not even related to symptoms you would normally think if

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have sevveral autoimmune problems as well as " Non Celiac Gluten Sensitivity" confirmed my several different Drs. I have the exact same symptoms of a celiac disease. I get the bathroom urgency an hour or so after eating gluten as well as beling bedridden for 2 or 3 days with almost the same symptoms as having the flu after eating pancakes or something similar. I can't even eat french fries cooked in a community fryer that has cooked chicen or onion rings etc. Those result in the bathroom thing but not the flu symptoms. Not fun,,

I just watched a news program this morning with two doctors who said exactly what your saying. They considered it overblown and a huge marketing ploy. They recommended getting a blood test to see if you have celiac disease.

some guys posting in here are a bit thick , sorry for being blunt BUT tell me what product they are trying to sell you ???

Good point. I didnt watch the vid because it was long, but it sure looked infomercial to me.

what I can see is a doctor trying to sell a product. He's using his authority (his title of Dr.) to market and sell books and other things.

a book ? lol i didn't buy it, its all online free...

Honestly gluten should really never be consumed by anyone, besides maybe a cheat meal

you cant have a cheat meal , its all in or nothing bro lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner