over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GOING TO PICK UP MY BLOODWORK RESULTS!

JETHRO TULL

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Verified Custo
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I AM A LITTLE NERVOUS. THE LAST TIME I HAD EVERYTHING CHECKED I WAS ATTEMPTING TO GET TEST PRESCRIBED. [FIGURED IT WAS LOW....HAHAHA] AND WANTED TO CHECK THE CHLORESTEROL. MY OVERALL READING WAS 214. THE DOC WANTS IT BELOW 200 AND SO DO I. THE MAIN ISSUE WAS MY RATIO WAS OFF. I HAD TOO MUCH BAD AND NOT ENOUGH GOOD. I'LL POST MY RESULTS TONIGHT AND THEN TAKE APPROPRIATE MEASURES EITHER WAY. I AM A VERY LOW DOSE GUY AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN...SO IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE WHERE I STAND. I'LL POST THE RESULTS TONIGHT.

Good luck, Jethro. I hope everything's looking good.

By the way, what's your opinion on the Superman thread? :D Who'd win?

Jethro, hey bro, I just had mine checked like 3 weeks ago.. I was nervous too, because you never know til' you know, but everything was fantastic! I'm glad I've kept everything in moderation! Good luck bro.

MOOSE

Im sure all is well but let us know your scores , goodluck bro.

WELL...SOME GOOD NEWS AND SOME BAD.

HERE IS THE BACKGROUND. I WAS ON AN EMPTY GUT...JUST GOT DONE LIFTING...IT WAS A BACK DAY. THE LAB WAS AT GOLDS GYM DRAWING TWO VIALS OF BLOOD FROM EACH PERSON AS A SPECIAL HEART AWARENESS DAY. I HAD TAKEN 1 ASPRIN, 1 EPHEDRINE, ONE CAFFEINE TAB. I MIGHT ALSO HAVE INGESTED A COUPLE 5MG PINKS....HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING, A FRIEND OF MINE IS TAKING 30 MGS PER DAY.[NO OTHER HORMONES] I DON'T KNOW IF THE BLOOD BEING DRAWN IMMEDIATELY AFTER TRAINING AND ON AN EMPTY STOMACH WOULD SKEW THE RESULTS. I KNOW THE ORALS WOULD AND PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE WAITED A COUPLE WEEKS AFTER DROPPING THOSE BUT ...IT WAS 20$ A HELL OF A DEAL!

I WAS NORMAL ON MOST THINGS AND WILL POST THE ABNORMAL SCORES.

BLOOD PRESSURE 117/67...THAT WAS PRETTY GOOD!
SGOT [AST] WAS HIGH AT 108..NORMAL RANGES ARE 5-60 U/L
SGPT [ALT] WAS HIGH AT 112...NORMAL IS 5-35 U/L

LIVER DAMAGE?

CPK WAS WAY OFF AT 1310 VERY HIGH. NORMAL IS 22-189 U/L
CREATINE WAS HIGH AT 1.7 NORMAL RANGES .5-1.5 MG/DL
MY TRIGLYCERIDES WERE GOOD 54..NORMAL RANGE 40-160
OVERALL CHLORESTEROL WAS 185...GOOD. NORMAL 140-200
BUT MY RATIO SUCKS....
LDL..THE BAD WAS HIGH AT 139 NORMAL IS 65-129
HDL WAS OKAY AT 35...NORMAL RANGES ARE 35-77
SO...MY RATIO IS OFF AT 5.29..NORMAL CHLO/HDL RANGE IS 1.9-4.97
BUN [BLOOD UREA NITROGEN] WAS GOOD SO LIVER/KIDNEYS ARE OKAY? MAKES ME WONDER WHY I AM NORMAL IN THIS AREA [BUN]IF MY LIVER AND KIDNEYS ARE DAMAGED. HEART RATE 56 BPM. AGAIN...I THINK THE CPK WAS HIGH BECAUSE I HAD JUST GOT DONE LIFTING. THE CHLORESTEROL RATIO AND THE SGOT,SGPT MAKE ME NERVOUS THOUGH.

I'D LIKE SOME OF THE EXPERTS TO GO AHEAD AND GIVE ME SOME THOUGHTS.

I WILL COMPARE THE EXPERTS HERE WITH WHAT THE DOC SAY.
THANKS FELLAS.

JETHRO TULL said:
HERE IS THE BACKGROUND. I WAS ON AN EMPTY GUT...JUST GOT DONE LIFTING...IT WAS A BACK DAY. THE LAB WAS AT GOLDS GYM DRAWING TWO VIALS OF BLOOD FROM EACH PERSON AS A SPECIAL HEART AWARENESS DAY. I HAD TAKEN 1 ASPRIN, 1 EPHEDRINE, ONE CAFFEINE TAB. I MIGHT ALSO HAVE INGESTED A COUPLE 5MG PINKS....HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING, A FRIEND OF MINE IS TAKING 30 MGS PER DAY.[NO OTHER HORMONES] I DON'T KNOW IF THE BLOOD BEING DRAWN IMMEDIATELY AFTER TRAINING AND ON AN EMPTY STOMACH WOULD SKEW THE RESULTS. I KNOW THE ORALS WOULD AND PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE WAITED A COUPLE WEEKS AFTER DROPPING THOSE BUT ...IT WAS 20$ A HELL OF A DEAL!

I WAS NORMAL ON MOST THINGS AND WILL POST THE ABNORMAL SCORES.

BLOOD PRESSURE 117/67...THAT WAS PRETTY GOOD!
SGOT [AST] WAS HIGH AT 108..NORMAL RANGES ARE 5-60 U/L
SGPT [ALT] WAS HIGH AT 112...NORMAL IS 5-35 U/L

LIVER DAMAGE?

CPK WAS WAY OFF AT 1310 VERY HIGH. NORMAL IS 22-189 U/L
CREATINE WAS HIGH AT 1.7 NORMAL RANGES .5-1.5 MG/DL
MY TRIGLYCERIDES WERE GOOD 54..NORMAL RANGE 40-160
OVERALL CHLORESTEROL WAS 185...GOOD. NORMAL 140-200
BUT MY RATIO SUCKS....
LDL..THE BAD WAS HIGH AT 139 NORMAL IS 65-129
HDL WAS OKAY AT 35...NORMAL RANGES ARE 35-77
SO...MY RATIO IS OFF AT 5.29..NORMAL CHLO/HDL RANGE IS 1.9-4.97
BUN [BLOOD UREA NITROGEN] WAS GOOD SO LIVER/KIDNEYS ARE OKAY? MAKES ME WONDER WHY I AM NORMAL IN THIS AREA [BUN]IF MY LIVER AND KIDNEYS ARE DAMAGED. HEART RATE 56 BPM. AGAIN...I THINK THE CPK WAS HIGH BECAUSE I HAD JUST GOT DONE LIFTING. THE CHLORESTEROL RATIO AND THE SGOT,SGPT MAKE ME NERVOUS THOUGH.

I'D LIKE SOME OF THE EXPERTS TO GO AHEAD AND GIVE ME SOME THOUGHTS.

I WILL COMPARE THE EXPERTS HERE WITH WHAT THE DOC SAY.
THANKS FELLAS.

Kidneys are ok, cholesterol is ok, HDL is good, LDL is a little elevated, nothing to worry about. Creatinine is not elevated, you have a lot of muscle.
I really worrk about the liver and CPK. Get on synthergine now and retest in 3 weeks.

HOWDY, PHIL!

NEEDLESS TO SAY I WAS FREAKED OUT AS WELL! SO I WAS UP UNTIL 2AM LAST NIGHT DOING SEARCHES ON THE EFFECTS OF EXERCISE ON SGOT/SGPT....EFFECTS OF EXERCISE ON CPK. I ALSO DID A SEARCH ON EPHEDRINE AND ITS EFFECTS ON BOTH OF THOSE LEVELS. HERE IS WHAT I FOUND OUT: EXERCISE ALONE WILL RAISE THE SGOT/SGPT AND THE CPK LEVELS....[APPARANTLY I SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THE TEST IMMEDIATELY AFTER DOING MY THREE SETS OF BACK WHICH CONSISTED OF SEVERAL WARMUPS AND ONE ALL OUT SET OF DEADS 500X15 REPS...ONE ALL OUT SET OF CHINS17REPS....ONE ALL OUT SET OF HAMMER STRENGTH ROWS 5PLATES PER SIDE 11 REPS. I WAS HAVING A BLAST AT 6:30AM! WHOOOHOO...FIRED UP, BUDDY! ANYWAY, I HAD JUST WALKED BY THE CARDIO DECK AND A LADY ASKED IF I WAS GOING TO GET MY BLOOD DRAWN....I WAS LIKE RIGHT NOW? SHE SAID YEAH, CHECK IT OUT UP AT THE FRONT THE LAB IS HERE! I WAS ALL PUMPED UP STILL [WHICH MEANS MY ARMS WERE LIKE 13 INCHES!!!]
THE LAB GUY ASKED ME IF I HAD EATEN ANYTHING YET AND I SAID NO, BUT I DID TAKE EPHEDRINE, ASPIRIN, CAFFEINE....HE SAID NO PROBLEM.

WELL, ACCORDING TO ADDITIONAL SEARCHES I DID LAST NIGHT, EPHEDRINE DRASTICALLY SCREWS WITH CPK AND SGOT READINGS! [FOR 6 HOURS] SO, I AM GOING TO TAKE YOUR ADVICE AND DROP THE EPHEDRINE[FOR THE NEXT 3 WEEKS] AND GET MY BLOODWORK DONE AGAIN IN 3 WEEKS AFTER A DAY OR TWO OF REST FROM TRAINING.

OH, AND INCIDENTLY, I BOUGHT THE BARRY SEARS BOOK 'THE ANTI-INFLAMATION ZONE' LAST NIGHT AFTER READING MY FRIGGIN RESULTS!........PHIL, YOU WERE RIGHT ON THE MONEY ABOUT THE FISH OIL...I AM OUT OF ALL THE FLAXSEED OIL I BOUGHT AND AM GOING WITH THE FISH OIL FROM HERE ON OUT FOR THE NEXT 8 WEEKS.

I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP.

I can't comment too much on the CPK, but your liver enzyme values are elevated more than you you would expect from intense lifting and high protein diet. At 2.5 times ULN (Upper Limit Of Normal) you have Grade II clinical hepatotoxicity. Your ALT is already above this threshhold.

I think it is a good idea to get retested and this time try to do it without any supps and don't work out at least 24 hours prior to the test.

While your lipid values are not ideal, they are pretty good for being on cycle. I wish mine looked that good.

You CPK is a little alarming but likely explainable. Let me give you a little background first. CPK is an enzyme found predominantly in the heart, brain, and skeletal muscle. CPK is composed of 3 isoenzymes that differ slightly in structure:

CPK-1 (also called CPK-BB) is concentrated in the brain and lungs
CPK-2 (also called CPK-MB) is found mostly in the heart
CPK-3 (also called CPK-MM) is found mostly in skeletal muscle

Because the CPK-1 isoenzyme is predominately found in the brain and lungs, injury to either of these organs (for example, stroke or lung injury due to a pulmonary embolism) are associated with elevated levels of this isoenzyme.

CPK-2 levels rise 3 to 6 hours after a heart attack. If there is no further damage to the heart muscle, the level peaks at 12 to 24 hours and returns to normal 12 to 48 hours after tissue death. CPK-2 levels do not usually rise with chest pain caused by angina, pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lung), or congestive heart failure.

The CPK-3 isoenzyme is normally responsible for almost all CPK enzyme activity in healthy people. When this particular isoenzyme is elevated, it usually indicates injury or stress to skeletal muscle

Now to ascertain which isoenzyme is responsible for your elevated level, a fractionation or CPK isoenzyme test is performed. Isoenzyme testing can help differentiate the source of the damaged tissue.

I would opt for this test if you can, just to sure you don't have anything serious going on.

hope this helped,

DrG

Jethro-

Good to see you HPB is not a problem anymore.

JT I'm going through the same thing. Worst blood work results ever...doc put me on pravacol. Told me to come back and get retested in 6 weeks.
MINE NORMAL
Triglycerides 161 <150
Cholesterol 225 <200
HDL 31 >40
LDL 162 <130
CHOL/HDLC
RATIO 7.3 <5.0
GLUCOSE 106 65-99
ALBUMIN 5.0 3.5-4.9
ALT 65 2-60
HEMOGLOBIN 18.2 13.2-17.1
HEMATOCRIT 52.2 38.5-50.0

Get a physical every year and always checks out ok,this really has me worried :(
GF

THANKS GUYS!

MOOSE...YEAH, I DON'T TAKE MUCH SO THAT'S WHY I WAS HOPING TO AVOID HEALTH ISSUES. BUT, I GUESS I SHOULD JUST LOADED UP! [JUST KIDDING!]

SNARF, I THINK THAT'S GOOD ADVICE. I WILL TAKE IT!

DR. GOODBODY....HOLY CRAP, THAT CPK INFO WAS REALLY GREAT. I'LL PRINT THIS POST AND TAKE IT WITH ME FOR THE NEXT BLOOD TEST AND HAVE THEM DO IT EVEN IF IT COSTS MORE SINCE I'D RATHER KNOW THE FACTS THAN BE A BLISSFUL IDIOT! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN LATELY?

MIKES...HEY, YOU HAVE A GOOD MEMORY...THE BLOOD PRESSURE WAS BAD THERE FOR A WHILE, BUT SINCE I CLEANED UP MY DIET, DROPPED THE 'MYSTERIOUS SUBSTANCE' THAT WAS CREATING THE PROBLEM IT HAS CONSISENTLY BEEN NORMAL! THANK HEAVENS FOR THAT! NOW IT LOOKS LIKE I'D BETTER MAKE SURE I DON'T HAVE SOMETHING ELSE GOING ON!

GRAVITY FIGHTER..WELL, LETS HOPE WE CAN TAKE STEPS TO CLEAR UP THE SITUATION. I HOPE YOU GET YOURS UNDERCONTROL AND I FIND THAT MY READINGS WERE MESSED UP CAUSE OF THE EPHEDRINE! I SURE AS HELL DON'T WANT A SKELETAL MUSCLE DISEASE. I AM GLAD YOU HAD THE BALLS TO SHARE YOUR SCORES AS WELL. IT'S PROBABLY A GOOD THING TO GET EVERYONE INTERESTED IN MONITORING THEIR HEALTH.

SUPERMAN, OF COURSE! THAT'S A GOOD THREAD....

BigBoyJ said:
Good luck, Jethro. I hope everything's looking good.

By the way, what's your opinion on the Superman thread? :D Who'd win?

INSTEAD OF KRYPTONITE IT LOOKS LIKE EPHEDRINE AND NOT TESTOSTERONE IS WHAT WEAKENS THIS 'NOT SO SUPERMAN'! LEAST I HOPE THAT'S IT.

THANKS, IT LOOKS LIKE I'LL REPOST NEW RESULTS IN 3 WEEKS.

Vander_V said:
Im sure all is well but let us know your scores , goodluck bro.
SINCE THESE ONES COULD INDICATE A PROBLEM! I GUESS I'D BETTER NOT PUSH IT UNTIL I KNOW FOR SURE. ;)

It's highly likely the elevated CPK is due to muscle tissue breakdown.
I'd get further tests like advised but trust me in my case mine was 20 times normal after a workout.
I now take 2-3 days off before my blood work to get a more accurate assesment of my blood values...including liver enzymes and cholesterol ratios. :D

Yeah, I would guess that if you redo the bloodwork without the ephedrine in you and without having worked out prior to the test, your tests will come back fine. At least I hope that's the case. You're a good dude, Jethro. Good luck.

HEY THAT'S GOOD NEWS MASSIVE G!

I ACTUALLY JUST READ WHAT YOU WROTE AND I FEEL A HELL OF A LOT BETTER. THANKS.

JERRY: I WAS DIETING ANYWAY....A GOOD REASON TO KEEP AT IT!

THANKS BBJ!

Dr. G,The ALT ratio in JT'S thread says 35 is the upper limit the paper work in my results say 60 is the upper limit....do I have it confused with ast? :confused:
Thanx in advance,
GF

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner