over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Guitar Players

I was lucky enough to see B.B. King in concert 3 times. The last time I saw him the co-headliner was Jeff Beck. An absolutely great night of music......

That's great. I saw Ray Charles back around 1990 or so. He was great too.

For some reason, alot of my favorite guitarists come from Texas. Stevie Ray Vaughan, Billy Gibbons, Dimebag Darrell, Jim Heath (The Reverend Horton Heat) to name a few....

Stevie Ray Vaughan is my number two favorite of all time, right behind Hendrix.

I haven't heard his music. I'll have to check him out. I'm a big fan of Hendrix.

Check him out on YouTube.:
Gary Clark Jr/Bright Lights/Live
It was at Claptons Crossroads festival in 2012 I think. Very good

Every time I pick up my guitar I go through a medley of Van Halen Songs to warm up to

That, sir, is some LEGENDARY 80's music. :headbang: 99 thumbs up!

This young guy can play!

Musicians out there, how do people take out just the guitar track of a song so they can play along with it like this? Lots on youtube do it. I think it would be nice if I could help my daughter do this on some of her favorite songs. Id like to know how to go about it.

For clarification, I am by no stretch of my own crazy imagination a "musician" in any of the 11-Dimensions of Superstring Theory. That being stated, one of my neighboring dorm room friends back in undergrad had legit badass classical guitar skills - unbeknownst to everyone for nearly the entire first semester. One evening while walking past his dorm room, I hear through his nearly shut door what sounded like a strikingly professional-like MTV Unplugged style version of an Eric Clapton song I've always liked but never knew the song title. Thinking the music was from either a CD stereo system or TV, I knocked on his door while simultaneously walking into his dorm room (that was standard procedure among our dorm friends) and verbally said, "Hey, what's the name...." before immediately going silent as my jaw dropped upon seeing that it was him playing the song on the guitar. After a quizzical moment of amazed and stunned silence, I asked him to play that song again from the beginning which he did with sheer brilliance. Then I relentlessly bombed him with guitar and music-related questions for at least half an hour b/c I had never heard anyone play a guitar like that in person. So he let me borrow his sweet classical guitar whenever and he wrote down on a piece of paper a simple and idiot-proof way to memorize the locations and names of the EADGBE strings, how to "read" & write basic guitar tab, the tabs for some basic chords (G, C, Cadd9, D, E, Em, A, Am, and F), and the basic tab form for "power chords". Practiced finger placement of the basic chords (2 chords at a time) until it became grossly familiar which took 3-5 days depending on the chord pairings. Did this everyday for a few weeks in random 10-30 min time blocks and was able to play, albeit weak and amateur at best, my first song "Run Around" by the Blues Traveler within a month of starting. That got me hooked.

I've always enjoyed Gordon Lightfoot. Classics like "If you could read my mind" and "Carefree Highway" on the Guitar is something special.

I guess I should chime in. A lot of you know I'm a trainer by day and a professional musician by night. By professional I mean I get paid to play bass guitar 50-60 nights a year. I am supper blessed, been on like 15 albums (Most did nothing lol) past few years I played with various cover bands on the east coast of the US. The cover band situation is very profitable here if you have a professional product, meaning killer sound system, light show, and people to run it. Plus super talented musicians that look good.
I have to say I have had more girlfriends then any ten of my friends.
Bodybuilder/Personal Trainer/Rock Musician, Yikes! Not bragging just how it is. Most of my GF's over the years you could pick out the second you walk in. I see a million guys hitting on GF, but you should see their faces when she always points at me on stage. I can read their lips, "figures, your with the band" LOL I always make my girls dress like total Rock Sluts! After all, the bouncers are always looking after them.
I do play regular guitar but way better bass. Bass players do it deeper! :headbang:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m7njvwB-Ks"]Pantera - 5 Minutes Alone (Official Video) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIvSXocE6YY"]Trivium - Strife [OFFICIAL VIDEO] - YouTube[/ame]

Been on an 80's kick with the electric guitar the last few months. It's tough but fun to mentally challenge yourself to learn a song you've always liked but never played for whatever reason(s). Admittedly, I somehow managed to avoid learning barre (which I thought was spelled "bar") chords by using the capo until a couple of years ago. It was tough and frustrating as hell but with consistent, focused, short (10-30 min), intermittent & frequent practicing over ~2 months (not every day), good to go now. Learning barre chords has proven to be a paradigm shift in my ability to learn new songs. Again, I am under no delusion about my ability to play the guitar which I would objectively describe as "OK enough to learn to play cover for most songs I like but would NOT dare play for even an audience of one", let alone on stage for a bunch of people. No thanx. There are easier ways to make a fool out of oneself in public.

Bucket head !

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh0SFQavjic"]Romero One Mind Any Weapon - YouTube[/ame]

I really like this one!

Satoshi Gogo, a Japanese guitar master, I really like his 雨の日はワルツを踊って, which means the Waltz in the rain. If you like slow, romantic songs, you will like this one, trust me, my friend. Just copy that Japanese characters and search.

For clarification, I am by no stretch of my own crazy imagination a "musician" in any of the 11-Dimensions of Superstring Theory. That being stated, one of my neighboring dorm room friends back in undergrad had legit badass classical guitar skills - unbeknownst to everyone for nearly the entire first semester. One evening while walking past his dorm room, I hear through his nearly shut door what sounded like a strikingly professional-like MTV Unplugged style version of an Eric Clapton song I've always liked but never knew the song title. Thinking the music was from either a CD stereo system or TV, I knocked on his door while simultaneously walking into his dorm room (that was standard procedure among our dorm friends) and verbally said, "Hey, what's the name...." before immediately going silent as my jaw dropped upon seeing that it was him playing the song on the guitar. After a quizzical moment of amazed and stunned silence, I asked him to play that song again from the beginning which he did with sheer brilliance. Then I relentlessly bombed him with guitar and music-related questions for at least half an hour b/c I had never heard anyone play a guitar like that in person. So he let me borrow his sweet classical guitar whenever and he wrote down on a piece of paper a simple and idiot-proof way to memorize the locations and names of the EADGBE strings, how to "read" & write basic guitar tab, the tabs for some basic chords (G, C, Cadd9, D, E, Em, A, Am, and F), and the basic tab form for "power chords". Practiced finger placement of the basic chords (2 chords at a time) until it became grossly familiar which took 3-5 days depending on the chord pairings. Did this everyday for a few weeks in random 10-30 min time blocks and was able to play, albeit weak and amateur at best, my first song "Run Around" by the Blues Traveler within a month of starting. That got me hooked.
Do tell if u can, ive always wanted to play guitar

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Im a metal lover, i love that sound, not necessarily the screaming death vocals but the instruments just make me believe. Currently I am listening to alot of Pantera.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Im a metal lover, i love that sound, not necessarily the screaming death vocals but the instruments just make me believe. Currently I am listening to alot of Pantera.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pantera was terrific in their heyday. Saw them for the Vulgar Display of Power tour. That was around 92 or 93, cant remember. Buddy had his nose broke there in the pit. The energy there was unreal!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131