over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym Fiasco...

Pekkerwood

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Just have to vent. I was doing shoulders Saturday morning in the gym and was finishing up on the pec deck/ rear delt machine. This machine is in a room away from the free weights with mostly machines, ab boards, and 12-16pieces of cardio equipment.

I am on my fourth rep of third set and BAM! I absolutely nailed something with my right hand and the handle of the machine, making me lose grip and transfering the full weight all on the other hand etc. I was not really injured but stunned.

I look up and this Lady was standing there who had walked right into me. It hit her pretty hard. She apoligized and started to walk off, then stopped while I was still sitting there trying to figure out what just happened and said "You should apologize too". I said "Lady, I am not going to apologize for using the equipment where it is supposed to be used in the exact manner it is supposed to be used. She said "Well you should". I said "Lady, I do twelve rep sets and I am not going to look behind me on each rep". She said well I am going to go tell the manager. I said lets go. As we are walking away she said she was gonna sue me! I told her my attorney was on salary and all I needed to go to court was a freshly pressed suit. She then said something involving the word "Ass". When it became obvious to her that I was known be everyone at the front desk, and asked them which manager was on duty, she just cursed and left.

I know we don't let people rent space in our heads but for about 15 minutes I was pissed. I guess is she walks into a wall she will sue the wall.

Anyway just venting.

Damn, she could have caused you a serious injury. I would have knocked the bitch out. lol

You were a lot calmer than I think I would have been. What a sh*t-head. :mad:
What would have happened if you were doing squats and she bumped the bar? Dumb cow.

I don't think she quite understood that part. The only other time I have had a weight knocked out of my hand was a gym on the Gulf Coast of Florida that was near empty and the Manager came walking by and hit a barbell with 315 and no collar while I was in mid rep. It was a large Gold's gym in Destin Florida with 6 people in it, and he chooses to walk right into my barbell. It twisted and I dumped one side then the other.

After the fact it was almost funny that of this whole empty gym he walks into the one guy actually lifting. He was a good guy, knowledgable and just had a brain freeze. I also was not using collars which I know is dangerous, but when I lift by myself it helps me dump the bar if events like this occur.

I agree with lynx, you were a lot cooler than I would have been. That drives me crazy if I am using a squat rack or smith machine and someone with a 15# dumbbell parks their stupid ass 6" away while I try to train. I make it a point to let the weight crash into the rack at the end of the set. Which is easier Einstein, move your sorry ass and your 15# dumbbells a couple of feet away or for me to move this 600 pound machine? I actually had one woman while I was doing rack deads, decide that she wanted to use my bar as her towel rack while I rested between sets. I stood there very calmly and then when I was ready for my set, picked up her towel and threw it to the floor. She got the point. And quickly left. WTF?

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid people can be!

I actually had one woman while I was doing rack deads, decide that she wanted to use my bar as her towel rack while I rested between sets. I stood there very calmly and then when I was ready for my set, picked up her towel and threw it to the floor. She got the point. And quickly left. WTF?

You should have wiped your face then your crotch and handed it to her and said, "Hey thanks, it was like you read my mind, man I was getting sweaty." :D

I wasn't as upset with the fact she made a mistake as the ignorance of who was at fault. I think a few years back I would have reacted a little differently.

I guess its that old addage about not wrestling with pigs, because you both get muddy but the pig likes it!

I will admit to being one of the biggest offenders of removing towels from my equipment and placing them on the floor.

I also do agree that I "occassionally" clang my barbells a bit to get a little wider berth from the 10 lb dumbell, rubber stretchy band crowd.

Sounds like she was just in the mood to fight with someone, and you were the lucky person she bumped into. Thank-goodness you weren't hurt.

She's probably just pissed you didn't ask her to help you out with your specimen sample. :D

She's probably just pissed you didn't ask her to help you out with your specimen sample. :D

Just the thought of that bag of cottage cheese is enough to make the speciman jump back out of the cup and run.

You should have wiped your face then your crotch and handed it to her and said, "Hey thanks, it was like you read my mind, man I was getting sweaty." :D

ha!!! Good one! I wish I had thought of that!

PW, I feel ya on this one. I always teach the noobs in my gym about the unwritten laws of lifting. When someone is lifting and you are walking around with your dick in your hand, the lifter has full right of way. So in other words, watch where you are going and what everyne else is doing.

Now I have never really dropped a set of D/bells before but one day I was training and getting ready for a show. I was doing some incline flys with the 80's and this douche bag walks into my right arm. I immediately dropped the dumbells with the right one nearly crushing this guys foot. He then proceeds to try and give me a "HEY MAN WHAT THE FUCK". Well before he could finish his sentence I was up off the bench and in his face. I told him that he really needs to leave before he gets hurt, not my exact words so he then trys to argue the point and does the "WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU" thing. My reply was.... I am the owner so you can take your stupid ass and your attitude out of here before you leave through the nearest window. I could not believe the stupidity of this guy. I could have dislocated my shoulder from this idiot, but he failed to see what he had done wrong.

So I teach peeps that the floor is like driving in traffic, those that are watching have no right of way to those that are lifting......plain and simple!!

there aren't too many people who know gym etiquette any more. i'd say it's like 2 out of 10. my first gym was a powerhouse, and the unwritten "rules" were enforced both directly and indirectly. people got called out regularly for doing stupid shit like the abovre mentioned. i learned quick to re-rack weights, allow people to work in, never touch equipment that was in use, how to spot properly, respect space of others, etc. in the first six months of training.

it's funny how much better and faster your training sessions can be if everyone follows etiquette. you can use whatever you want, get spotted when necessary, etc. makes it easier to train alone.

i think those days are over.

Just have to vent. I was doing shoulders Saturday morning in the gym and was finishing up on the pec deck/ rear delt machine. This machine is in a room away from the free weights with mostly machines, ab boards, and 12-16pieces of cardio equipment.

I am on my fourth rep of third set and BAM! I absolutely nailed something with my right hand and the handle of the machine, making me lose grip and transfering the full weight all on the other hand etc. I was not really injured but stunned.

I almost had the same thing happen to me last Saturday while doing rear delts! I was on the 3rd rep of my first set when two girls decided to use the machine next to me. As I started the fourth rep, one of the girls steps right in the path of the machine. Fortunately for her, I noticed her and avoided hitting her by doing a partial rep. I think she realized her mistake and how close she came to getting hit, because she and the other girl moved to another machine.

It's dumb asses like this that would make the world a better place if they were eliminated...survival of the fittest! Darwinism!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws